To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Update on my situation

Share your prayer requests here. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Update on my situation

Postby deejay » Sat May 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Two days ago, C.J. texted me to get some paperwork together--ID, SS card, credit union statement from the last 3 months, birth certificate, paystubs from last 3 months, statement of fees I paid while at WISEPlace, Medi-Cal card. She says I need all that by next week (early June). Apparently, this is for me to apply as her roommate for our subsidized apartment. Oh, and also a copy of the final notice on my food stamps. I thought my birth certificate was in storage at church, but when I looked, it wasn't. That means it's in my storage space, way in the back--I have mentioned it's like Fibber McGee's closet, right? C.J. says on Memorial Day, she needs to get something out of there, too, so we'll go down there and get what we need. As C.J. likes to say, she learned how to pack a storage space at Fred Mertz's School of Packin' and Stackin'! :mrgreen:

So, pray we find what we need quickly and easily--and that C.J. finally realizes she needs to scale down her belongings, especially her lawn and garden equipment--without getting buried in stuff. And that when we get our apartment, it won't be a walk-in closet like too many seem to be. I am looking forward to bathing in a bathtub, without using reclaimed water, cooking again, and eating what and when I want, etc., etc., etc..

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sat May 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Sounds like things are improving..... praying you get everything together quickly.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

deejay

Postby deejay » Tue May 30, 2017 2:23 pm

We were supposed to go to storage yesterday, but somehow it didn't happen. Texted C.J. yesterday morning after breakfast, but never got a reply. Went to her place before dinner, and a friend was watching her stuff while she was somewhere charging her phone. Hopefully I'll hear from her today.

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Nearly two weeks, have sent a few text messages, been by her place a couple times, still nothing from C.J.. Would you all pray I hear from her soon, and find out what happened? Thanks!

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Went to C.J.'s place again, her tent was all battened down, and her solar panel was missing. But there was a lawn mower, there, so I thought she had gotten it out of storage to sell. But after paying the rent on the storage, I went to my unit, opened it, and there was C.J.'s lawn mower. So the one I'd seen by her place isn't hers. Tried to call, but a message said that at the subscriber's request no incoming messages would be accepted.

C.J. is basically an honest person, and she would never rip me off, but what could be happening? I'm about to put out an all points bulletin on her. Please pray she contacts me soon. The lease on the shelter I'm at runs out next spring, I think, and I don't know if it'll be renewed.

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:05 pm

What a concern about C.J. It sounds like something could be seriously wrong.

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:06 pm

:(
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:05 pm

FOUND HER!
Incredibly, we'd been missing each other. Plus, her phone number gave her problems, so she got a new one. Diane is back; and C.J. has a new dog named Princess she got from one of her neighbors. Diane is currently renting a room, and C.J. says she and Diane are getting back together. But she's not bailing on me; she introduced me to her blue shirt (AKA Smurf)--a person who works for the county department of social services--and we talked. He's trying to get me into some kind of housing program.

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:21 pm

Thank you God. I was so afraid something bad had happened to her. I'm very grateful she is safe.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Good news!
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Laurie