To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

URGENT - Need an Article to Fill a Gap

Information and announcements about new Mixed Blessings Anthologies which are a compilation of the Editors' Choice winning Writing Challenge entries.

Moderator: Deb Porter

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

URGENT - Need an Article to Fill a Gap

Postby Deb Porter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:07 am

HELP! We need one extra article (story, devotion, poem, whatever) to fill a gap in the upcoming Mixed Blessings Anthology, Simple Pleasures. This is the first of the new series of books compiled from winning Writing Challenge entries. But when it comes to filling gaps in the book, submissions are gratefully received from everyone (not just Gold and Platinum members).

The topic I need something for is READING, and I'm opening the door to anyone who would like to try and fill that gap. Same rules apply as for the #WritingChallenge. Christian point of view (but doesn't have to be in your face obvious), minimum 150 words and maximum 750. Unlike the Challenge, I don't mind if it is previously written.

Also, as with the Writing Challenge winners used in the books, there is no payment for use of your article; however, you retain full rights to use it in other publications, and you will, of course, receive credit in the book.

Interested? Well, here's the hard part. We need your submission by Monday, February 24. (Yes, that's next Monday. Sorry!)

Send your submission to our temporary "Reading" submission email address: reading@BreathOfFreshAirPress.com.au

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be cheering you on.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

itsjoanne

Re: URGENT - Need an Article to Fill a Gap

Postby itsjoanne » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:15 am

Deb - can it be a previous challenge entry?

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi Jo.

Most definitely. A couple of people have sent through reworked Challenge entries, some even from the actual Reading Challenge. :D

The response has been lovely. What blessings! The hard part will be finding just one article to fill the gap. I want to use everyone. I will DEFINITELY be doing this again with gaps in future books (and there are ALWAYS gaps).

:thankssign

Love, Deb

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:31 pm

A big THANK YOU to all who submitted articles to help fill my ‎Simple Pleasuress gap.

The reading of submissions will begin later today (or tomorrow), and I'll let everyone know once I make the REALLY hard decision. Bless all those who came to rescue.

There will be lots of opportunities ahead, so don't feel discouraged if you miss out on this one spot. If people don't respond to the releases I send out for future books, I will be seeking new content to fill their gaps. So stay tuned. I am anticipating quite a lot of gaps.

Love, Deb

Esther
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Esther » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:20 am

It's been a looooonnngg time since I've been here.

I got thinking about one of my old challenge entries today and so I looked up my faithwriters profile and reread all of them. I'm actually quite impressed with some of them. Of course, doing that made me wonder whether my EC is likely to get published so I popped in here to check how the books were going and saw this. The 'reading' topic was my first ever challenge entry (and the one I would happily delete now). I think my EC was the quarter after this (or maybe two quarters after).

Anyway, just wanted to say 'Hi'.
Esther
My Blog

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

"Cats are successful underachievers. They only need to purr in order to get free food and TLC. What other creature can lay around the house doing nothing beyond purring, and still get free food and TLC?" - Jim Aites

KennAllan

Postby KennAllan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:03 am

Hiya, Deb.

Did you get one? Who won?

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:06 am

Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay. Just been swamped with work getting Inside Timmy's Mind ready for print. I had to put off reading the submissions until today. (And then my husband decided we needed to find a song to do in church next week to honor a couple's 60th wedding anniversary. LOL. Best laid plans and all that....)

Anyway, I'm planning to read them tonight. Hopefully I'll have THE one by tomorrow morning (my time).

I really want to pick all of you! But the good thing is that there will be PLENTY of other gap filling opportunities in the future. Stay tuned.

Love, Deb

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:58 am

Again, thank you to all those who took time to submit something to help fill the gap in the upcoming Mixed Blessings Book--Simple Pleasures. I appreciate you all so much.

Making the decision was HARD. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your submissions. Some I remembered from the Challenge; others were brand new. I’m always delighted to see God using His children through the gift of writing.

In the end, it came down to eight strong contenders, five of which were particularly so. In the end, I had to come back to the theme of the book—Simple Pleasures—and that, alone, was what ultimately helped make my final decision. (Honestly, this was like judging a mini version of the Page Turner as far as making that final decision.)

Anyway, as I've said before, I wish I could use you all, but there is just one place, and this time around it is going to ROBYN BURKE for her very gentle, idyllic entry, Bookworms and Blueberries. Congratulations, Robyn. I’ll be back in touch with a release for you to sign.

Although most of the stories/articles/poems in the book don’t actually fit the theme all that well (always the case with Challenge themes and the books that follow), this one article really was a Simple Pleasure.

There will be many more gap filling opportunities in the future (believe me), so please keep an eye out for opportunities. I will be posting them on the Breath of Fresh Air Press Facebook page, through BoFA Press on Twitter, and also on the FaithWriters group/FaithWriters pages on Facebook and in the forums at FaithWriters. I should have my website operational fairly soon, with a newsletter option. All ways to make sure you don’t miss out on the opportunities ahead.

Once again, thank you for your enthusiastic support, and congratulations to Robyn.

Love, Deb

KennAllan

Postby KennAllan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:41 am

Hooray, Robyn!

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:52 am

Congratulations, Robyn! :D :clap
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Colswann1

Postby Colswann1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Anyone interestied in reading the winner, it's in Robyn's profile page in her Challenge listing under the title Deb stated.
Colin Swann

Jesus’ love is constant and never wavers.

Return to Challenge Books - Mixed Blessings