To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Authors in Book 3 - Genres

Information and announcements about new FaithWriters' Anthologies.

You can find all the Anthologies here:
FaithWriters' Anthologies from the Writing Challenge.

Moderator: Deb Porter

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: Authors in Book 3 - Genres

Postby Deb Porter » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:23 am

Sorry everyone. No, they aren't out yet. They'll be going out in the next month or so. (Want to get the first book out first).

Love, Deb
Finesse Writing & Editing Service

FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Coming Soon ... Breath of Fresh Air Press (the home of FaithWriters' Books)

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:37 am

Deb Porter wrote:Sorry everyone. No, they aren't out yet. They'll be going out in the next month or so. (Want to get the first book out first).

Love, Deb

No hurry, just realized I hadn't gotten one and with the way things get sent to spam, wanted to make sure :)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

lisaholloway
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby lisaholloway » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Excellent news!

It's been a while since I checked in over here, so I'm chagrined to say...I can't remember my old log-in information to update my contact details...and since the newhorizonwriting or wordweaver email I was probably using is no more, you'll never catch me there for a release form.

Instead, you can find me at: ms_lisa_holloway@hotmail.com

It's not catchy, but I've had it forever and check it fairly often. Thanks!

Dee
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Dee » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:07 am

Oh my--I haven't been here in SO long and this topic caught my eye because I thought I began at Faithwriters in 2007. Sure enough--I did! BUT, my first first EC was July 5, 2007. I will have to wait a bit longer before I see the ECs in a book, but it's getting CLOSE! :thankssign

Colswann1

Postby Colswann1 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Dee, Deb was extremely brave taking these books on with what may turn out to be a limited demand (not much more than the EC winners). If she goes ahead with these books I do hope they are a big success for her and if not, I hope we can all be gracious.
Colin Swann

Jesus’ love is constant and never wavers.

Dee

Postby Dee » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Why, of course!

choosingjoy
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby choosingjoy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Just saw these last three posts here. I don't read a lot of the forum posts, but this caught my eye, as its the first I've seen along this line.

Does this mean there might not be any books at all? :?
A child of the King!
Genia

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:37 pm

choosingjoy wrote:Just saw these last three posts here. I don't read a lot of the forum posts, but this caught my eye, as its the first I've seen along this line.

Does this mean there might not be any books at all? :?

Just the opposite. However, Deb has said that some of the challenge books will probably be e-books, some print, if I remember correctly. :)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:31 am

Sorry guys. So busy I don't get onto the forums enough.

No, the books are definitely happening. It's just been very hard juggling my workload to fit everything in. I'm making some changes, though, and the books are definitely all going forward (just not in chronological order).

My goal is to have Book 1 released in November this year. If you think of it, keep me in your prayers. Got a lot going on at the moment. (Hence the need for changes.)

Love, Deb

charladiehl
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby charladiehl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi Deb,
A long time ago, May 17, 2008, I mailed a release form for an EC entry chosen for one of the FW books. In August 2010 you replied to an inquiry that the quarterly book for 2008 & 2009 quarters was still not completed, but that task was on your priority list. I've never received word that it is finished.
The topic for this FW chosen piece was: Siblings (entry title: Playmates and Friends)

Also, another piece was chosen for a FW quarterly publication to which I mailed in the agreement form on May 27, 2011. Did this book get published yet?
The topic for this FW chosen piece was: Dropout (entry title: So They Can Dance)

I know you are extremely busy and I'm just curious if they did, how would I know what the title of each quarterly book was. Maybe I'm not looking in the proper place for past and current books. Any suggestions?
May God bless you abundantly for all the time, talent and effort that goes into putting these books together and making them available. And thank you for everything you do to keep this site running so smoothly.
In His love,
Charla Diehl
Thanking God for each day and pray that I will make a difference for Him.

Marilee
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Marilee » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:53 am

I apologize if I am ignorant, here. I probably am. I do a good job of it, elsewhere!

I just got back to the Faithwriter's site and found out I was inactivated. No harm, no foul. Understood! However, I am wondering about the publishing of the Faithwriters' Anthologies. Last I heard, the first one some of my stories had appeared in was to be ready for Christmas 2012. I had a lot of people wanting to buy it as Christmas gifts. Now, as it nears the Christmas season of 2013, I am reminded of that.

I see, here, that there really hasn't been any commenting on the book schedule past 2012 and I don't understand why. Obviously, there must be something going on that I am not aware of. Could someone please fill me in?

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:25 am

Put simply (I'll let Deb explain in more detail when she can), Deb is quite simply a very busy lady. She is still moving forward with the books, so we just have to be patient :)

Marilee wrote:I apologize if I am ignorant, here. I probably am. I do a good job of it, elsewhere!

I just got back to the Faithwriter's site and found out I was inactivated. No harm, no foul. Understood! However, I am wondering about the publishing of the Faithwriters' Anthologies. Last I heard, the first one some of my stories had appeared in was to be ready for Christmas 2012. I had a lot of people wanting to buy it as Christmas gifts. Now, as it nears the Christmas season of 2013, I am reminded of that.

I see, here, that there really hasn't been any commenting on the book schedule past 2012 and I don't understand why. Obviously, there must be something going on that I am not aware of. Could someone please fill me in?
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

lyndaschultz

Postby lyndaschultz » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:04 pm

Goodness me! It's been sooooooooo long since I visited the forum. I just discovered I'm on the list (at least someone of the same name!) How nice. I may have missed this info but is it out yet? :coolsign

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi everyone!!!

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

Yes, Lynda, you are on several upcoming lists for books. If you haven't received a release yet, you will fairly soon. One release to cover all to be published articles to date. Trying very, very hard to work smarter (not harder).

Quick update, Book 1 in the new Mixed Blessings series will be available at the end of March. If it isn't, (or at least in being printed at that time), I quit. LOL. (Throw hands in air and concede defeat.) But I'm believing for it to happen, and the rest to follow on fairly quickly after. Pray for me.

The website should be up (at least in some basic form) before then, with a blog and newsletter option, to keep you all in the loop. Also, for now, I do keep a bit of information happening via the Breath of Fresh Air Press Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/BreathOfFreshAirPress

Love, Deb

lyndaschultz

Postby lyndaschultz » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Thanks, Deb. Hang in there.

PreviousNext

Return to FaithWriters' Books