Highest rankings?

The Challenge winners will be posted here two weeks after entries close for each topic, and the Highest Ranked entries will be posted sometime later that day or the next.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Gentle1
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Highest rankings?

Post by Gentle1 »

When are highest rankings for the week posted? Years ago it used to be on Thursday late afternoon or evening, but it is now Saturday. Maybe I missed some info on this??
Shann

Re: Highest rankings?

Post by Shann »

Usually it is sometime Thursday evening. I know Deb has been busy and has had some health problems so she could have gotten a tad behind with that. Another thing is the entries were on the low side so it's possible they just decided to post the top ten overall and the top five in each level, though I'm guessing something has kept Deb busy and she hasn't had a chance to get to it yet. I hope this help[s some. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison »

Shann wrote:Usually it is sometime Thursday evening. I know Deb has been busy and has had some health problems so she could have gotten a tad behind with that. Another thing is the entries were on the low side so it's possible they just decided to post the top ten overall and the top five in each level, though I'm guessing something has kept Deb busy and she hasn't had a chance to get to it yet. I hope this help[s some. :D
I'm almost sure it's that Deb is just busy. :)
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)
Gentle1
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Gentle1 »

Thanks Shann and Allison for your replies! :) I'm not concerned or trying to "pressure" anyone about the highest rankings list, as I already know where I stand with the Picnic entries, but I was just curious! I sure do hope Deb is okay and not sick or too swamped! Blessings upon her!

Myrna
Shann

Post by Shann »

Myrna, I so get it. I love seeing the highest rankings because one of my favorite things to do is to let people who didn't place in the top 5 of their level know how they ranked. it makes me happy to be able to pass on some bit of encouragement. Even when I don't enter, I still check the boards to see if the highest rankings are up yet. I like to leave a comment on those stories so that later when the person looks back at old stories they can see oh on that one I placed 15 overall or oh I got 7th place in my level. It's an easy way to help them keep track of which stories ranked.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Sorry everyone. No health problems (that's all well under control). I was away up north for the week, and I was travelling home on the day the highest rankings would have normally been posted.

Then once we arrived home, I was just flat out and it slipped my mind. Since arriving home I've only sat down at the computer today. (Washing, ironing, groceries, and other sundry things all taken care of.) :D

Again, sorry about keeping you waiting.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

CrissyCR
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by CrissyCR »

Will "In the Kitchen" come later? Just asking, no hurry. :-) :thankssign :coolsign :rockon
"In serving the Lord, it is best to have a heart with actions, then actions without a heart."
Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison »

CrissyCR wrote:Will "In the Kitchen" come later? Just asking, no hurry. :-) :thankssign :coolsign :rockon
"In the kitchen" highest rankings won't be posted until Thursday afternoon/evening (US time), at the earliest. Winners will be announced Thursday morning, and then the highest rankings after that. But since it's 100% a human effort and not computerized, it can get delayed due to various reasons.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)
CrissyCR
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by CrissyCR »

Thank you, Allison. :thankssign
"In serving the Lord, it is best to have a heart with actions, then actions without a heart."

Return to “Results and Highest Rankings”