Winning Entries for EEK!

The Challenge winners will be posted here two weeks after entries close for each topic, and the Highest Ranked entries will be posted sometime later that day or the next.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

grandmalovesbabies
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by grandmalovesbabies »

Well done one and all. Big CONGRATS to all you lovely winners.

You're all as :coolsign as ever. :D :D :D
In the twilight of my years, may His Light shine more brightly.

THRILLED TO BE A 500 MEMBER!

lolliehofer.blogspot.com
lolliehofer.wordpress.com
lolliehofer.wix/lollie-hofer
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=33832
Shann

Post by Shann »

I've been wanting to read and comment on every entry since I found this wonderful place. I did it this week and the entries were great and made fun reading.

Congratulations to all of the winners as well to everyone else who submitted an entry. I appreciate the blood, sweat and tears that go into these challenges.

Every comment I made, I meant from the bottom of my heart. There is always something I learn or enjoy from each entry no matter where it ends up on the final standings.

I just wanted to take this time to thank the people who give me my entertainment for the week. I can't always get to the library for good reading materials, but I can always count on my friends at FW to give me something great to read.

Congratulations again to the winners. Your stories were all great and I really enjoyed each one.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
FreedomWriter
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by FreedomWriter »

Shann, aren't you a pocket full of sunshine! What an asset you are!

I've read on FW that you often find that the piece you pour yourself into seems to fail to place while lighthearted ones we write surprise us with a ribbon.
This week I was resolved that - placement or not - I am learning discipline of deadlines, tightening my writing, etc. I've found contentment.
I can see that from God's eyes, any sooner and a ribbon might have corrupted me. :/

He's so good.

Congratulations, everyone!

As for me, 'God Woven' is another true account of God's goodness.
Last edited by FreedomWriter on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Rikki
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Started my very long journey May 29th 2012 toward continued education.
Destination: Doctor of Psychology.
JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy »

And thank you Shann for your dedication. Honestly, I don't see how the judges can do it. I tried once, when I first started up, to read through them all. I saw so many "GOOD" writers, it made me feel bad that mine was even listed among them.

Now, even reading just the ones listed in the Hinting and Bricks, makes me feel somewhat discouraged.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.
itsjoanne

Re: Winning Entries for EEK!

Post by itsjoanne »

Can't believe we are so close to the end of the quarter - the last topic was JUST announced! But still a few weeks of woowoos! :D

So.... Woowoo to BBBBBBEEFFFFYYYYYYYYYYY!!! MMMEEELLLL!!! KKKAATTIIEEESSCCARRRLLLETTT!!!!!! (You're on a roll, eh, sista!?) DDDOOONNNNAAAA!!!!!! VVVIIINNNCCCEEEENNNTTTT!!!! KKKRRRIISSTTTTIIII!!!!!! SSSUUNNNNNYYYYYYY!!!! (and Henry!!! - SOOO thrilled for ya!) MMMMAAARRRIIIJJJJJJOOOOO!!!!!! SSSAAARRRRAAHHHHH!!!!

Congrats!!
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Writing Challenge Coordinator
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook
Verna
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Post by Verna »

Congratulations to every winner. Enjoy happy dancin' and treat yourselves with some chocolate.

Look at you, Beth! Woo Hoo!
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/
Shann

Post by Shann »

JesusPuppy wrote:And thank you Shann for your dedication. Honestly, I don't see how the judges can do it. I tried once, when I first started up, to read through them all. I saw so many "GOOD" writers, it made me feel bad that mine was even listed among them.

Now, even reading just the ones listed in the Hinting and Bricks, makes me feel somewhat discouraged.
My dear Pup, we need to work on your self-esteem. You seem as almost battered as I feel and that's not good, especially when your stories are truly some of my favorites each week. This week your entry left me in awe. I was so inspired and touched by every word. You've come to mean a lot to me and to many others here.

So as my mom used to tell me so often I wanted to scream, "Keep your chin up and your eyes on the Lord."

Thank you, all, for your kind comments, but I received so much in reading everyone's work, the pleasure was all mine.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
Bear-Bear
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Bear-Bear »

Shann wrote:Every comment I made, I meant from the bottom of my heart. There is always something I learn or enjoy from each entry no matter where it ends up on the final standings.

I just wanted to take this time to thank the people who give me my entertainment for the week. I can't always get to the library for good reading materials, but I can always count on my friends at FW to give me something great to read.
The comments you've made on my pieces have been such a blessing, and almost every time I pop into an entry to read and comment on it, you're ahead of me, already having given encouraging feedback to the person. You, and others like you, are such a blessing! (Including the judges who do all that reading "behind the scenes", unseen.) I know I speak for many, when I say your kindness and good work, and that of others like you, is MUCH appreciated!
Bear
(Ruth S)

ImageEntrance to Bear's Writing Den

Bear reminds self, "Don't forget to pray with every piece of writing."

"40 Writing Challenges Goal" progress: 9 done
JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy »

Shann wrote:You seem as almost battered as I feel and that's not good, especially when your stories are truly some of my favorites each week
Well that can't be right. I haven't written but 3 in the past 6 months. :lol:

I know that my stories are giving to me from the Lord, and those I write, and the message given is of God. It is "MY" writing.. grammar and word usage.. that need a LOT of help. And boy do they need help.

For me, it is a long standing joke.... I can never win. True I don't edit before I submit so what you get is basically the first draft. I am working on it. So, it is not so much my self esteem, but the others better writing habit. And you have to admit there are a lot better writers at this site.

Besides, I am just in it for the fun. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

CatLin
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by CatLin »

JesusPuppy wrote:
Shann wrote:You seem as almost battered as I feel and that's not good, especially when your stories are truly some of my favorites each week
psst pup: She's only been here that long. :D

Congrats ALL!!! Mine remains half written, but hey, there's always this week. ;)
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (The Message)
beff
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Post by beff »

Bear-Bear wrote:
Shann wrote:Every comment I made, I meant from the bottom of my heart. There is always something I learn or enjoy from each entry no matter where it ends up on the final standings.

The comments you've made on my pieces have been such a blessing, and almost every time I pop into an entry to read and comment on it, you're ahead of me, already having given encouraging feedback to the person. You, and others like you, are such a blessing! (Including the judges who do all that reading "behind the scenes", unseen.) I know I speak for many, when I say your kindness and good work, and that of others like you, is MUCH appreciated!
Just wanted to "ditto" this... Shann, I noticed all the entries you commented on, and also wanted to say what a blessing you are to everyone here on FW! :grouphug3 Thank you!
Beth LaBuff

..in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son... Hebrews 1:2
JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy »

CatLin wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:
psst pup: She's only been here that long.
Oh... well in that case. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann »

JesusPuppy wrote:
CatLin wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote: Well that can't be right. I haven't written but 3 in the past 6 months. :lol:
psst pup: She's only been here that long.
Oh... well in that case. :wink:
See what you didn't understand, the weeks you didn't enter, I'd go into the archives to get a taste of PUP, so see you can be one of my favorites every week, even if you didn't enter! :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Fledgling Writer
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Fledgling Writer »

Congrats to all who put forth the effort. :wink:
"I think literature always emerges from things that have damaged someone, and there is a kind of literature where the authors don't choose their subject, but deal with one that is thrust upon them." - Herta Mueller (2009 Nobel Prize winner for literature)

Catch www.Apologetix.com for Christian music parodies. For example, Beach Boys "Fun, Fun, Fun" is "John 1:1"

Praise The Lord!
Sarah Elisabeth
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by Sarah Elisabeth »

beff wrote:
Bear-Bear wrote:

Just wanted to "ditto" this... Shann, I noticed all the entries you commented on, and also wanted to say what a blessing you are to everyone here on FW! :grouphug3 Thank you!
Double Ditto! Your comment on my last piece was so sweet, thanks!

Return to “Results and Highest Rankings”