Let's All Spread the Word

The Challenge winners will be posted here two weeks after entries close for each topic, and the Highest Ranked entries will be posted sometime later that day or the next.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Let's All Spread the Word

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi gang.

If you are commenting on entries after the Highest Rankings are posted, and you come to some that are mentioned in that list, could you check to see if anyone has left them feedback saying they made it into the highest rankings for the week?

So many of the people never realize this list is posted, and it's such an encouragement for them to know they actually did quite well.

It doesn't have to be an official thing done by any one person. But as a group, we can let a lot of these people know (and possibly make their day).

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Dee
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Dee »

This is SO true, Deb. I never knew about the lists, either, when I was a newbie (way back when :mrgreen: ). I'll try to remember to point to the boards when I read from the lists.
CatLin
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by CatLin »

Good idea Deb! It's as easy as "Congratulations on placing in your level" or something to that effect. (affect?)
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (The Message)
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Thanks ladies. Like I said, if the regular Challenge readers get into the habit of doing it, it will spread the load and the encouragement.

Love, Deb
Deb

Sarah Elisabeth
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by Sarah Elisabeth »

Okay, I am making an official commitment to cover the highest rankers in Level 2...and any others I can get to. 8)
yomamarita
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by yomamarita »

Joanne pointed me to the right place on the boards when I made top 15 in beginners my first week and she didn't even know me then. Now she's stuck with me...poor thing. ;)
itsjoanne

Post by itsjoanne »

hehe - but the glue is CHOCOLATE - who am I to complain? ;)
yomamarita wrote:Joanne pointed me to the right place on the boards when I made top 15 in beginners my first week and she didn't even know me then. Now she's stuck with me...poor thing. ;)
And thanks SO much, Sarah Elizabeth! That will be SUCH a blessing to them!
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Writing Challenge Coordinator
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Thanks to all who are planning to spread the word. You're the best. It's stories like Marita's that show how important it is. Jo let her know she had made the highest rankings, but if she hadn't done that, maybe Mari wouldn't have known and been discouraged.

So thanks again. It is amazing what a difference a little bit of encouragement does make.

Love, Deb
Deb

MarijoPhelps
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

weekly rankings

Post by MarijoPhelps »

What time/day is it usually posted?

Thanks!

Marijo
Marijo Phelps (pronounced Mary Jo)
Jesus IS Lord!
itsjoanne

Post by itsjoanne »

Marijo - it kinda varies. It's usually up Thursday evening lateish, or some time Friday. On occasion, it's later than that.
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Writing Challenge Coordinator
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook
GreenLeaves
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by GreenLeaves »

I'm a Newbie and I didn't know anything about the top 40 rankings until I heard about it on the Southern Porch! And then right after that I found myself in the top 40 and almost cried!!!

I'll help if you want me to. What do I need to do? I make comments a lot on others' writing. Do I just need to let them know when they make it in the top 40 in my level?
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Carol.

I'm so glad the Highest Rankings encouraged you.

If you are reading someone's entry, and you know they made it into the highest rankings, just mention it on their entry. That would be a blessing to them (and a big help to us). Thanks so much.

Love, Deb
Deb

GreenLeaves
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by GreenLeaves »

I'll be glad to, Deb! Anyway I can help!

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence
GreenLeaves
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by GreenLeaves »

Deb, I do have a question while we are talking about this...

The first time I made the top 40 was on the "Brown", but I guess that means you don't always then make the top 15 in your level. Is that right?

Because the second time I made the top 40 was in "It's a Colorful World" and my poem was listed in my level. So I was a bit confused.

Oh, to clarify, I have listed myself in the Advanced level. I thought I had to since I have been published a few times. Being a Newbie, I still have a lot of questions.

Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Carol.

Depending on where you place in the Top 40, you may or may not end up in the Top 15 for your level. Generally speaking, most of the Top 40 is made up of Levels 3 and 4, and Level 3 regularly has a very large number of entries. So say 25 Level 3 entries made it into the Top 40, and you ranked 38th in that list, then you wouldn't be in the Top 15 for your Level.

On the other hand, because Levels 1 and 2 are less well represented in the Top 40, an entry from one of those levels that makes it into the Top 40 will almost certainly be in the Top 15 for either of those levels (probably even in the Top 5).

Love, Deb
Deb

Return to “Results and Highest Rankings”