My first week back and I'm wondering...

The Challenge winners will be posted here two weeks after entries close for each topic, and the Highest Ranked entries will be posted sometime later that day or the next.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Granny's Pen
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

My first week back and I'm wondering...

Post by Granny's Pen »

Is there a new policy in regards to the Highest Ranked posting? Of course, the conference starts today and it is possible that there just hasn't been an opportunity to post it, but I seems to be missing in other weeks, also.

I know I missed a lot the last few months, but I haven't seen anything about this.
Granny's Pen
Chely
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Chely »

I don't think that there is any new policy, but Deb seems a tad busy. :D
CatLin
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by CatLin »

Highest Ranking sometimes is late posting. But, yes, Deb and Scott both are a little busy. :D
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (The Message)
Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him »

Busy? Why would they be busy right now?

:lol: :wink:

Blessings to Busy People,
Patty
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31
Greghory
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Greghory »

Iam4Him wrote:Busy? Why would they be busy right now?
I have an idea. Now this may be an overactive writer's imagination, but it makes sense to me. I reckon that at the FW conference Deb must have read out the top 40 list at the same time as announcing the new pay-to-see-your-actual-scores scheme. Hence ten minutes later she was besieged by three-dozen crazed FaithWriters, foaming at the mouth, and demanding a recount of the Spring results. So since then she's been locked in her hotel room, cut off from Internet access, and texting friends back in Australia to fly over and set her free.

Makes sense to me. Stranger things have happened at conferences...

Gregory :roll:
BeachGrandma
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by BeachGrandma »

Yer all crazy! I think she should be tarred and feathered in the good ole Southern tradition for not letting us know immediately whether we came in 34th or 37th in the top 40. Besides that, with the exhorbitant salary she gets (well over 200 grand, I've heard via the reliable grapevine), she could have given the responsibility to one of her several aides who could even make up a list. We don't care! We just want to be on the list, even if we're #56 in the top 40. :sofa :eyes :heehee :seeingstars :cry2 :zipped :grouphug :grouphug3
Mariane Holbrook

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23
ElizaEvans
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by ElizaEvans »

Good one Mariane!!

:rolling :rolling :heehee :rolling :rolling

WRITING CHALLENGE ARTICLES
Greghory
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Greghory »

chrisiggee wrote:Oh... Poor Deb. :cry: Leave her be!
Latest news is that Deb has been released from her hotel room. However Jan immediately challenged her to a game of word association. Thus far, with Jan's unremitting store of synonyms and Deb's penchant for puns and other obscure connections, they are into their ninth hour of competition with no end in sight. Apparently Jan has just scribbled a note sending someone out to buy chocolate, so it's looking like a very long caffeine-laced night ahead.

I guess the top 40 will just have to wait. Then again I could just be making all of this up. Who would know!

Gregory
BeachGrandma
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by BeachGrandma »

Don't forget that Scott gave Deb a well-deserved bonus enabling Deb and Kylie to spend an extra two weeks in the U.S. It might be ages before we know who's on this week's top 40 list so let's make up our own list and have it notorized. Any suggestions?
Mariane Holbrook

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23
pheeweed
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by pheeweed »

Can I be on it? I didn't enter, but that shouldn't matter. It's the only way I'll ever make the top 40.

Please?

Phee
Phee
A friend of the Bridegroom

http://www.delightedmeditations.blogspot.com

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8 NLT
Granny's Pen
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Granny's Pen »

OOH, you guys are tough. I was only asking.
Granny's Pen
itsjoanne

Post by itsjoanne »

RRROOOFFFLLLL!!!
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Writing Challenge Coordinator
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook
Granny's Pen
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Granny's Pen »

You all have had quite a bit of fun with this, but it was just an innocent question. Of course I realize the conference would demand much of Deb's attention, but I don't know that she is the only one to post the rankings. In fact, I seem to remember others doing it at different times in the past. I was not demanding that it be posted, nor was I "out for blood".
My original post stated that I had been away for a while and things could be different now. It was an honest question.
Granny's Pen
ElizaEvans
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by ElizaEvans »

Granny's Pen wrote:You all have had quite a bit of fun with this, but it was just an innocent question.
Of course it was an innocent and perfectly legit question, Granny'sPen! :)

I hope you weren't offended. Please forgive! We're kind of just laughing at ourselves for being so addicted.

So anyway...If you hadn't asked...someone else would have. ;)

:hugs2

WRITING CHALLENGE ARTICLES
Greghory
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Greghory »

ElizaEvans wrote:Please forgive! We're kind of just laughing at ourselves for being so addicted.
What cracks me up is that after all the fuss we made, only two people so far have left comments on the Highest Rankings for Spring!

Gregory

Return to “Results and Highest Rankings”