Highest Ranked Entries for EMPTY and FULL

The Challenge winners will be posted here two weeks after entries close for each topic, and the Highest Ranked entries will be posted sometime later that day or the next.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

BeachGrandma
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by BeachGrandma »

It almost makes you wish you could divide the Advanced level, doesn't it? I know a lot of thought has gone into the very heavy traffic in Level 3 and something is bound to happen pretty soon to alleviate it. I don't have a clue unless you could have an A and B or some other sub-divide in that large group. Smarter minds than mine have been grappling with it for a long time, I know.
Mariane Holbrook

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Gregory, yes, it is close at the top end, but it's always been that way.

Mariane, something was already done for Level 3. We created Level 4.

Yes, it's a highly competitive level, and that's because everyone sits there until they place three times in the EC. It's the way it is, but by the time people reach the advanced category, they should be aware that they are competing against some other excellent writers. So the competition is strong, but the real competition is meant to be personal. The writing challenge is designed to hone our skills as writers.

Jim, we'll be announcing the new feedback service for members at the conference. It's been a long time coming, as it's a door I didn't want to open until we are able to handle it. There will be a small fee for the service (as there will be a lot of time required to handle requests), but I've always known this is something that people entering the Challenge do want and need. Like I said, it's purely been a case of the work involved in providing it that has held us back (which is why there has to be a fee). We will also be offering a more indepth assessment of Challenge entries for those wanting more feedback. Again, there will be a fee for that service.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

ElizaEvans
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by ElizaEvans »

BreathFreshAir wrote: So the competition is strong, but the real competition is meant to be personal. The writing challenge is designed to hone our skills as writers.
Amen, Deb.
.. we'll be announcing the new feedback service for members at the conference. It's been a long time coming, as it's a door I didn't want to open until we are able to handle it. There will be a small fee for the service (as there will be a lot of time required to handle requests), but I've always known this is something that people entering the Challenge do want and need.
OK. Can I say something about this?

Yipeeee!
:superhappy :superhappy :superhappy

And can I say something else? Deb, I hope the fee will not be too low. :oops:
People deserve to be paid for their work. :typing2 (I was actually looking for the soapbox icon :P)

:grouphug

Thanks so much for all you do. :loveyou
Last edited by ElizaEvans on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WRITING CHALLENGE ARTICLES
grandmalovesbabies
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by grandmalovesbabies »

Here are my thoughts on the subjects being discussed:

1) I like the "feedback" for a fee idea for those who desire to use it.

2) Please con't compromise the challenge levels by making it easier for us to advance. I agree with Deb, it is more a personal challenge than anything else. I've grown as a writer this past year (which disproves the theory of, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." I've proven otherwise). The day that I make it into the Masters levels, I want it to be because I earned the honor. I'm not yet deserving of such an honor, but I'm a whole lot closer than I was a year ago.

Thanks Deb for this site and for all those things you do for which we don't even have a clue you do.
In the twilight of my years, may His Light shine more brightly.

THRILLED TO BE A 500 MEMBER!

lolliehofer.blogspot.com
lolliehofer.wordpress.com
lolliehofer.wix/lollie-hofer
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=33832
abbahands
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by abbahands »

Hi everyone. Finally, I made it. Number 7 on the beginner's list! Wow! I was almost ready to just give up many times. I had written two other stories for empty & full, but I just couldn't get them to "feel" right. Then, with just a few hours left before the entry deadline, I remembered a story that my dad told us, about how he was sure that God had called him to preach. I wrote it very quickly, and never thought that it would be on any list. So, to anyone wanting to give up, don't. Give it up to God before you start writing, and He will guide you through your endeavor.
God Bless,
Terry
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. Prov. 3:5-6

Return to “Results and Highest Rankings”