PAGE TURNER CONTEST WINNERS -- 2010
After 11 months of excitement and nail-biting suspense, it is time to announce the winners of the fourth annual FaithWriters.com/Finesse Writing and Editing Service Page Turner Contest.
The 2010 Page Turner Writing Contest began on January 1, with the focus for the year being non-fiction. Entrance to the competition was open to all members of the FaithWriters 500 (members who have committed to help support FaithWriters.com financially), and 39 submissions were received before entries closed on October 31.
The standard of entries, overall, was very good, covering a broad range of topics. It is exciting to see so much talent being used for God's glory. Each entry was comprised of a synopsis, outlining the planned book overall, together with the first chapter of the manuscript. Judging was based on how well each entry worked in a number of key areas, including creativity, freshness, craftsmanship and, most importantly, page turning power and potential for publication.
The 1st place winner of the 2010 Page Turner Contest receives:
* Free editing of their manuscript (up to 300 pages)
* An $800 cash prize;
* A press release to announce their win to the world;
* Free publicity and marketing of their book on all FaithWriters' sites for 12 months, after publication;
* A press release to promote their book when it is published; and
* A special "Page Turner Champion" award plaque.
The two highly commended runners up also receive award plaques and the offer of half price editing for their winning manuscripts.
So, it is with great pleasure we announce our 2010 Page Turner winners:2010 Page Turner Champion
The Price of Freedom by Shauna Soukoreff Dolan2010 Page Turner Runners Up
* Christchurch Earthquake 2010 by Debbie Roome
* Music, Tradition and the Church by Carol Sliderhttp://www.faithwriters.com/page-turner-winners2010.phpThe 2011 Fiction Page Turner Contest will open on January 1.