To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

I'm in, too!! :)

If you have just signed up as a FaithWriters Platinum (500) member, please stop by this forum and say hello. We want to give you an extra special welcome (even if you are an old familiar face)

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron

Gentle1
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

I'm in, too!! :)

Postby Gentle1 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:13 pm

I joined FWs in late 2006 and faithfully submitted pieces for the Writing Challenge for nearly a year. I hadn't been very active with FWs in 2008, as my husband and I had two parents, one aunt, one uncle, and two cousins pass away in that time period. Also, my husband had two small strokes, which required lots of tests, doctor visits, etc. In addition, I've been administering my parents' estate, which has been lots of work. I think I entered the Challenge only 4 or 5 times .

I just returned to FWs the beginning of this quarter and was so glad to be back in the writing groove! I also moved up to Masters this month and had been wondering what God wants me to do with my writing. A couple days ago, my husband mentioned that he wanted me to join the "500," but we had some other expenses that made me hesitate.

Imagine my great surprise this morning when I opened my e-mail and found a message saying that some very generous, thoughtful benefactor has sponsored me for a membership. I do not know yet who that is, but I am sooooooooooooooo VERY GRATEFUL!!

I hope to learn a lot here and take advantage of the support, encouragement, and opportunities available!

Blessings,
Myrna Joy

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:08 pm

Praise God and welcome!!!! :) I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough time, but God is good.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:16 pm

Myrna, welcome to the 500. God bless the person who sponsored you, but also may it be a blessing to you. The writing articles by Glenn Hascall are worth it alone.

Also, we've got the Page Turner fiction contest this year. Well worth entering.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

itsjoanne

Postby itsjoanne » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:22 pm

WOOOO, Myrna!!! What a blessing! So sorry for the tough stuff you're going through, and SO grateful you're back, and a 500er! ;)

Gentle1
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Thanks!

Postby Gentle1 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:30 am

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Now I must investigate this part of the FWs site and start learning! :)

Blessings,
Myrna Joy

Return to New to the FaithWriters Platinum (500)