To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Need Help--Very Short Testimonies

General chat, updates and discussion about being a part of the FaithWriters Platinum (500)

Moderators: itsjoanne, RedBaron, Shann

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Need Help--Very Short Testimonies

Postby Deb Porter » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:06 am

Hi everyone.

I'm about to rewrite the 500 information page, and as part of it would like to include some short testimonies about why you joined the 500. I'm looking for the heart reasons more than the benefit reasons--if that makes sense.

If you would like to help, please post your short (two to three sentences) about why you joined the 500 here. I need it fairly urgently, and it doesn't need to be perfect--I just want you to write from the heart.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

itsjoanne

Postby itsjoanne » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:31 am

I had grown so much - in both mywriting and my walk with Christ - in the few months I had been at Faithwriters, it seemed only logical that I try to give back in whatever way I could. Being a 500 member seemed like the best and most logical way to do that. And the best part - God, and the extra features, have blessed me right back!

(how's that?)

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:51 am

Thanks Joanne! Much appreciated. :D

Love, Deb

firstacts
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby firstacts » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:00 pm

Beyond any tangible benefit I am consistently aware that the collective generosity of this group allows the vision of fostering growth in aspiring writers to actually take place. If it weren't for the dedicated group of members who help fund the vision it would be very difficult to make the multiple other benefits of FaithWriters.com available to the 22,000 other members.

aboyce

Postby aboyce » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:51 pm

I can say with a lot of confidence that I never would have rekindled my love of writing -- this time for the Lord -- had it not been for Faithwriters. From my initial Challenge entry, I have gone on to write more than 100 articles. Many have appeared in print, on other websites, even in church bulletins in other countries.

Joining FW 500 was one way I could help keep this site going, so it could continue to bless and inspire others to spread God's message.
Take my life and let it be
Consecrated Lord to Thee
-- Take My Life, Frances Havergal

--------------------
My Profile
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=7907

SamaraKaye

Postby SamaraKaye » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:16 pm

Unlike others, I spent months writing for the Challenge before I decided to become a FaithWriters 500 member. The Christian writers on this website have been such a blessing and encouragement to me that I finally realized I should give something back in return. I have learned from here that the gift God has blessed me with was given for a purpose: to give Him all the glory.
My Associated Content page
My Helium Page

Sandra L. Petersen
My life in His hands

CatLin

Postby CatLin » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:13 pm

I fell in love with FaithWriters from the first day I joined. The blessings of friendship, love, and encouragement as I started writing again after a long hiatus were overwhelming. I wanted to return the blessings in a small way by joining the 500, and doing what I could to keep this great site going.
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (The Message)

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:45 pm

You guys are the BEST! Thanks so much.

I'll send the re-work through to Scott now, but please feel free to continue posting your testimonies here. I'll keep sending them through. What we'll probably do is have a few testimonies on the information page, with a link to the rest on a separate page. The more, the better!

Love, Deb

Jan Ross

Postby Jan Ross » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:17 pm

FaithWriters has been the "umph" I needed to define and refine the gift of God within me--a gift that had previously been left unattended. My business teacher in college told me if I wanted a promotion, to walk and talk and act as if the job was already mine. Joining FaithWriters 500 was exactly like that for me ... a chance to begin to think of myself as a writer as I walk and talk and act with those who have already proven themselves. I can tell you, it HAS made a difference.
Because they haven't heard ...
Janet "Jan" Ross, President/Co-Founder
Heart of God International Ministries
HGIM Blog | Today's Devotion | JournEzine

Cassie

Postby Cassie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:46 am

I joined the 500 a couple of months after coming to Faithwriter's. I realized the richness of the site, the benefits, comaraderie, and the training acquired by "rubbing shoulders" with writers from all walks of life and in different stages of their writing careers. Paying my dues was not only a committment to support this wonderful site, it was also a committtment to myself to "not give up." The encouragment found here has kept me writing for over a year; joining the 500 has kept me motivated while helping Faithwriter's move forward in their goals of providing rich resources for Christian authors.

Deb feel free to not use this or edit as you see fit. I had trouble saying what I wanted. :)
I pride myself on my humility, after all! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: --Arthur D. Bardswell

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he isn't, and a sense
of humor to console him for what he is." -Unknown

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=14703

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:50 am

Thank you so much. The new 500 information page is up, with the first couple of testimonies on the main page, and a link to a pop up window with the testimonies that came after that. I'll be sending the later ones through to Scott once I have a few more, and he will add those to the pop up page.

I can't tell you how much your heartfelt words mean. They all convey exactly the message we want for the 500. Thank you so much.

Love, Deb

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:17 am

The people here at FW have have brought me to a higher level of writing, they have led me gently into the publishing world, they have boosted my spirits and encouraged me in so many ways--they have become my closest friends. How could I not give back some small token of appreciation by joining the 500s?
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

didget01

Postby didget01 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:18 pm

I realized early on that Faithwriters is something bigger than a group of Christian writers just hanging out learning from each other. In fact, God intends to use Christian writers to impact the world for Christ. I wanted to be a part of that.

Darlene
Darlene Hight

If you want to build a boat, do not instruct the men to saw wood, stitch the sails, prepare the tools and organize the work, but make them long for setting sail and travel to distant lands.
— Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:02 pm

I have been writing since I was old enough to do so, but mainly in a worldly sense of books one might find in any book-store. Having come across an actual site just for Christian writers I was thrilled. Not only did I find a great group of people willing to help me better my writing, but a good Christian home as well. Faith Writers, for me at least, is that special family I never had. I wasnt even here for a week and I put in for the full membership, just to help keep the blessing of it around for others like me.
Last edited by JesusPuppy on Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:42 am

Deb, I know you already have something from me, but I couldn't help chiming in on this thread.

I've learned so much here at FW and wanted to give something back. Well, I don't feel I'm far enough in my writing to help someone else, though I hope I'll be able to do that someday. Even though I placed in the EC once, I don't feel I can judge for the challenge because I write poetry and know very little about the other genres. Joining the FW 500 is a way to give back. Sure, I have the PM service and I've used my e-z site builder and I may benefit from the other 500 features in the future, but those aren't even the reasons I signed up.

I'm praying for more to join the 500. Someone please correct my math if I'm wrong here. Having 500 people join is like less than 3% of the membership here, isn't it?

Next

Return to FaithWriters Platinum (500) General Discussion