To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

For Sale -- How Much?

General chat, updates and discussion about being a part of the FaithWriters Platinum (500)

Moderators: itsjoanne, RedBaron, Shann

Guardian
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

For Sale -- How Much?

Postby Guardian » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:27 am

Greetings Faithwriters:

Recently I got an offer to buy one of my poems. I'm so very naive. As this was my first request to buy, I had no idea what to charge. The request came from a fellow Faithwriter. I asked her to make me an offer, but she too was inexperienced of what to offer. I ended up extending it for free for 6 months. In turn, her daughter also wanted to use the poem and I found myself caught extending the same courtesy. So twice I might have gotten paid, but could not discern what was too much or too little. I figure in the next 6 months, the Lord will surely have answered me reguarding the value of my work. But until then, could I please get some general ideas?

Blessings,
Guardian

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Laugh while telling them $100 or best offer. :lol:

Actually pricing for a single poem would be hard, depending on how it would be used. If they are just copying it for themselves, I would just give it away. (Just me there) If they were adding it to a book to be published... Add my name in there. (Again just me) If they had grand plans of doing a poster set up I would ask for the first copy.... just to make sure it looks good mind you.

But as I have given away more copies of my poetry books than I will ever sell... (Mainly cause I have never tried...yet) I would just just let them use it.

Unless of course they are willing to buy me a house ooff the sales of it. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Verna

Postby Verna » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:43 pm

The going rate in some Christian publishing companies is $10 or $15 for poem. That won't buy many groceries, but it's still exciting to get and see your name in print. The one I'm most familiar with is EVANGEL, a Free Methodist Sunday School paper. They pay more for longer articles.
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

Return to FaithWriters Platinum (500) General Discussion