To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Email problems

General chat, updates and discussion about being a part of the FaithWriters Platinum (500)

Moderators: itsjoanne, RedBaron, Shann

CatLin
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Email problems

Postby CatLin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:07 am

:helpwobble

I can't get into my fw email tonight. I logged in and said ok to the new format, and get the nice new devoational page (which is awesome!) but then it just hangs there forever. Or at least 20 minutes. :)

Anyone else having trouble? I don't know if this is a new problem or not. I have all my email forwarded to my main address, and only go to the FW email page when I want to send FROM @faithwriters. I can't get the email account to work in Outlook or Incredimail. (which is Problem #2 :) )
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (The Message)

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:11 am

What new devotional page?
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:22 am

It seems that trying to navigate anywhere through FaithWriters at the moment is like wading through mud. It's all very slow. So the email problem could be related.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

CatLin

Postby CatLin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:35 am

Yah, I've been getting antsy waiting for the forum pages to load. :)
Thanks Deb. I sent you an email from cathyb at charter.net ---don't delete it! It's me! :lol:
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (The Message)

CatLin

Postby CatLin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:39 am

RedBaron wrote:What new devotional page?

It says this today. I'm thinking about sending it to my daughter, but I already know what she'll say. We've been around this block a few times. :roll:

Our Daily Devotional:

Faith A La Carte

2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV: All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Paul did not tell us that SOME scripture is God-breathed, but that ALL of it is. We cannot say we believe the Bible if we completely disregard the scriptures that escape our ability to understand them. To do so is no different than to pick up a Bible and begin ripping out page after page. Imagine how thick some Christian´s Bibles would be if comprised only of the scripture that they understand�or perhaps, have even read. A. W. Tozer tells us, "The Word of God well understood and religiously obeyed is the shortest route to spiritual perfection. And we must not select a few favorite passages to the exclusion of others. Nothing less than a whole Bible can make a whole Christian." At times, it would seem that people are more intent on changing the scripture, than they are on having it change them. How sad that there are those who still seek to put word´s in God´s mouth, rather than taking His Word to heart.

Add this devotional to your site
© FaithWriters.com

written by Randy Chambers
http://reflections.daybyday.org
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

CatLin

Postby CatLin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:58 pm

Trying again now, and it's still trying to load. I have a new devo to read, tho. Everything else is working fine, just the email.

I've never seen a devotional before, Shari. Don't know if it's new, or if my computer whizzed past it so fast I never saw it. :?:

Still loading...
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

CatLin

Postby CatLin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:03 pm

ok, I opened IE and it went right to the email (no devotional?). Must be a firefox problem.

it's still loading...
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:07 pm

Really, really weird.

I just went to check my FaithWriters.net email, and the devotional is definitely there. It appears under "ANNOUNCEMENTS" under the actual inbox.

The thing is, I was probably the first person to sign up for the email service because Scott asked me to test it for him before he made it available to everyone else. I don't think I've upgraded anything since then (only use it in emergencies), and I think the devotional has been there for ages.

I'm wondering if it's a Firefox thing too. I checked it on IE, but will go and have a look now in Firefox and see if it's any different. They have their little quirks.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:44 am

Yep it IS there..

After you sign in to the mail site..

That first page... Where it says "Mail Box Summery" in a skinny gray box near the top but under the "FaithWriters Web Based Email" logo.

Scroll down. You will find it..
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Return to FaithWriters Platinum (500) General Discussion