To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Journals in the military?

General chat, updates and discussion about being a part of the FaithWriters Platinum (500)

Moderators: itsjoanne, RedBaron, Shann

Annette
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Journals in the military?

Postby Annette » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:41 pm

I have another question for my Journaling book. One of the books I am going through as source material says Journal keeping is very prevalent in the military. It makes the statement it runs the gam-+bit from private to generals. I know some generals have written memories. I have no military ties my late father he brought home pictures. He was stationed in Hawaii and has a picture of himself (army) and his best friend (navy) in front of his buddy’s ship the Arizona. If you know your history that ship went down with almost no survivors. My father never really talked about his experiences.

I always thought everyone would like to keep a journal. I learned different from my husband, he hates journaling. That makes me wonder about the claims Simon’s book makes that journals were often kept by soldiers. Many of the journaling books are written by men but judging from my husband... I wonder if any man would be prone to keep a journal on his own. No one ordered the soldiers to keep journals.

My question is are journals often kept by soldiers, sailors, air force?

Annette

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery- from The Little Prince.~

(2 Cor 3:3 NKJV) clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.
Annette

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery- from The Little Prince

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. 3 John 1:2 (NKJV)

"A book is man's beat friend outside of a dog. Inside the dog it's to dark to read." Groucho Marx

Annettes-world.blogspot.com

Michelle Lowrie
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby Michelle Lowrie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:36 pm

My dad was an editor and a journalist. He was also a soldier in the army during Vietnam (1967-1968). While there he took pictures and did some writing, but those were part of his job as a soldier.

I am his oldest child and the only one who will have anything to do with him (when anyone can find him). I was born while he was in Vietnam, so I have always been the only person besides my mother that he will talk to about it.

Dad has shared his photographs and Purple Heart with me, but has never shown me any writing. If he had written anything other than what was required by the Army for the news reports (Armed Forces Radio or print or whatever else) I would have it here with me now, but all I have are the poems he wrote about me after he returned home.

Michelle

Return to FaithWriters Platinum (500) General Discussion