To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Report Question, if I may?

General chat, updates and discussion about being a part of the FaithWriters Platinum (500)

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, Shann

KathyS
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Report Question, if I may?

Postby KathyS » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:32 am

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and Platinum. :superhappy I've entered my third challenge and have requested a report as directed. Btw am super impressed by everyone's writing!!! I've got heaps to learn.

Could someone tell me how the reports arrive? Are they by email or perhaps attached to the submission?

Also can I ask how you navigate back to previous entries ie Delicious? (That's what I ordered the report on)

Just wondering as I will need to work on my feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Kathy

RedBaron

Re: Report Question, if I may?

Postby RedBaron » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:09 am

I'm pretty sure Deb emails them to you, as I don't know if there is any way to actually attach them to the entry :).

To get to the entry, you can either go to your FaithWriters' profile or go to the Challenge Entry Results page, and find yours for that topic/level.

The easiest way to find your profile, is to search for yourself [urlhttp://www.faithwriters.com/search-writers-name.php]here. [/url]

Challenge Entries are here.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

KathyS
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby KathyS » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:31 pm

Thanks Shari.

That's cool re the report.

Thank you so much for the link to previous entries too. :thankssign

KS

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:06 pm

Deb does email the results to you. She shows you what each category is and what the rating points mean (average, good, excellent, etc.) She also will pull lines from your piece and possibly give an example of how it could be better. On some reports, she even gives links with suggestions for reading material based on where she thinks you may need improvement.

A couple of other ways to find older topics is if you comment on someone else's piece, your name shows up above the comment in blue. You click on it and it takes you to your profile where it shows all of your submissions to any part of FW.

Also, when you sign into the main site, after you log in, there's a menu that allows you to view or change profile. I have my profile in my signature. It shows up on every post I post, so if you ever want to see my stories, you can just click on it. Here's a link to how to do that:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3768
In that same section FAQ, there are tons of great advice. Shari does a wonderful job of explaining it so even I can understand.

Of course another way is to go to the top of the page and click on the hire editors writers button, and if you scroll down, you can click on find author by name, and then type in the last name you're looking for:
http://www.faithwriters.com/search-writers-name.php

Lastly, you can go to the challenge page itself, and click on see previous topics. Then you click on which level you want to peruse. That only shows topics from the current quarter, but it's a fast way to see other stories in any level.

Nothing like over explaining for you! :mrgreen: I'm glad you're enjoying FW and entering the challenges. It has helped me grow so much over the past 6 years. :thumbs
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi Kathy. What name do you write under? I'm not sure I received your request. Could you let me know as soon as possible, please?

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to FaithWriters Platinum (500) General Discussion