To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Amazingly blessed for the past 15 years...

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

RedBaron

Amazingly blessed for the past 15 years...

Postby RedBaron » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:33 am

to have been married to my best friend. Many of you know our story, many do not, but we met online in a Christian singles chat room 16 years ago (in May of '98). We met over Labor Day weekend in '98, went home to our separate states (Ohio and Tennessee) engaged, to be married 10 months later.

God is so good to have brought us together. :)

Facebook says this link should work to allow you to see a handful of pictures from our Renaissance inspired wedding :) My husband made chain mail to wear, as well as my headpiece :) The guys carried swords, best man wanted a mace instead :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... f97e9d2679
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

itsjoanne

Re: Amazingly blessed for the past 15 years...

Postby itsjoanne » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:02 am

Happy, Happy Anniversary, Shari! This must be the year for milestone birthdays - I celebrated 20 years a bit over a month ago, and Patty Wysong 25 years two days ago. :)

And LOVE your story, by the way :)

lish1936
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby lish1936 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Lovely pictures, Shari. Happy Anniversary with a prayer that the next fifteen years will be equally blessed.

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:53 pm

itsjoanne wrote:Happy, Happy Anniversary, Shari! This must be the year for milestone birthdays - I celebrated 20 years a bit over a month ago, and Patty Wysong 25 years two days ago. :)

And LOVE your story, by the way :)

Thanks - And very cool. It must be :D Happy belated anniversary to you and hubby, and Patty and hubby :)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:53 pm

lish1936 wrote:Lovely pictures, Shari. Happy Anniversary with a prayer that the next fifteen years will be equally blessed.

Lillian

<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

wheeliegril58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby wheeliegril58 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:44 pm

congratulations to you and handsome hubby!! How is that made, the chain armor?
May both be severely blessed by our Lord, to have much joy, in your lives!! :D :D :superhappy

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:47 pm

wheeliegril58 wrote:congratulations to you and handsome hubby!! How is that made, the chain armor?
May both be severely blessed by our Lord, to have much joy, in your lives!! :D :D :superhappy

He made the rings out of automotive wire on a gizmo he built, cut, and then they are "knit" using pliers. He tought himself how to do it. It's called a 6 in 1 pattern, where every ring is connected to 6 others. A 4 in 1 pattern is much easier, and what he's used for larger projects since. Sadly, it was too heavy for the gauge wire he used and it started falling apart the next time he wore it at a Ren fair, dropping rings. It's tucked away for safe keeping. However, he started making better rings later, and then much later, we found a site to buy them :) We both make stuff, however, I make much smaller projects, like jewelry :) Our older two kids have even started making some stuff.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Return to The Water Cooler