To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Happy Mother's Day

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Happy Mother's Day

Postby Deb Porter » Sun May 11, 2014 6:04 pm

A little late as far as the Aussie/Kiwi contingent go (it's already Monday here), but wanted to take a moment to wish all our lovely FaithWriters mothers a very happy Mother's Day.

I hope you are being blessed and showered with love all day long.

Also taking a moment to pray for all those who are feeling sad today. I know that Mother's Day is not always an easy day for many people. If that's you, my prayer is that God will hold you very close to His heart.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

RedBaron

Re: Happy Mother's Day

Postby RedBaron » Sun May 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Happy Mother's Day :) It's almost over here, and had a good day (till just a bit ago when the kids started getting cranky with each other lol).

Hope everyone had a great day.
Praying for those who are missing a loved one today.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Happy Mother's Day

Postby deejay » Mon May 12, 2014 1:30 pm

I've been in other churches where moms were the only ones who got flowers. One church gave women flowers for every generation, like one for a mom, two for a grandma, three for a great-grandma, etc.. But my church said that women were examples to all, so yesterday all women 20 years old and up got a carnation. Since I stay for both services, I got two.

Really weird thing happened while I was picking up trash out front before first service. This older woman drove up, asked when our services were, then asked about mid-week services. She started going downhill after that; she was all over the map! Claimed there was a tracking device in her car her family had put there, that they were sticking their noses into her business, and on and on in the same vein, making less and less sense as she went on. I'm just standing there, unable to get a word in edgewise, going uh-huh, uh-huh and nodding. She finished with a declaration of how she wanted to round up all the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses and put them into concentration camps, where she'd beat the Bible into them. Then she drove off.

I say, if the mentally ill/demon-possessed are coming to our church and doing something like that, that's a good sign that we're impacting our community! :mrgreen: Now, if we could get them delivered....

Yesterday afternoon, we went next door to Isaiah House, the women's shelter from whence we had come, and had a Mother's Day dinner. Fried chicken, mixed vegetables, twice-baked potatoes, apple juice to drink, and for dessert, vanilla ice cream with blueberries. We got two helpings of that--there were only like a couple dozen women there, and they had quite a bit of ice cream.

The Santa Anas are blowing again, and it's going to get up to about 102 F on Wed-Thurs. So of course we're on fire watch.

Return to The Water Cooler