To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Something to ponder

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Something to ponder

Postby tomoral » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:21 am

I saw this on Facebook and it touched something inside of me. I just had to share it.

God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

deejay

Re: Something to ponder

Postby deejay » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:17 pm

He's right. We humans consider ourselves to be superior, when in reality there is One who made us and the world we live in. Him we must obey.

swfdoc1

Postby swfdoc1 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:08 pm

Actually, mankind is the so-called "crown of creation" because we are the only part of it that is created in the image and likeness of God (Gen. 1:26-27). And we have been given dominion over the rest of creation (Gen. 126), including the ant and the mountain. Further, we are the only part of creation that God crowned with glory (Ps. 8:4-5).
Steve
nlf.net
________
"When the Round Table is broken every man must follow Galahad or Mordred; middle
things are gone." C.S. Lewis
“The chief purpose of life … is to increase according to our capacity our knowledge of God by all the means we have, and to be moved by it to praise and thanks. To do as we say in the Gloria in Excelsis ... We praise you, we call you holy, we worship you, we proclaim your glory, we thank you for the greatness of your splendor.” J.R.R. Tolkien

philippa
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby philippa » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:37 pm

Absolutely Steve-and I find His love and tenderness causes me to sensibly respect all His hand has made.

swfdoc1

Postby swfdoc1 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:03 am

Definitely. Dominion implies stewardship. But it also eliminates the “the Earth is my mother [or father or brother or sister]” mentality. It eliminates the “we’re between ants and mountains” mentality. It eliminates the “animals are equal to humans” mentality. It eliminates the eco-terrorist mentality (for example, it’s OK to hurt people to stop logging). And it informs lots of current environmental issues, which of course, can be very complicated.
Steve
nlf.net
________
"When the Round Table is broken every man must follow Galahad or Mordred; middle
things are gone." C.S. Lewis
“The chief purpose of life … is to increase according to our capacity our knowledge of God by all the means we have, and to be moved by it to praise and thanks. To do as we say in the Gloria in Excelsis ... We praise you, we call you holy, we worship you, we proclaim your glory, we thank you for the greatness of your splendor.” J.R.R. Tolkien

Return to The Water Cooler