To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

I have a book on the horizon

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

TNrogue
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

I have a book on the horizon

Postby TNrogue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:12 pm

Greetings, everyone.

I joined this site a while ago as I was in the midst of a dark valley. I participated in each of the weekly challenges and grew as a writer thanks to the feedback and encouragement I received from you. I unfortunately disappeared as things became increasingly difficult and I lost the energy needed to handle family, real life, and my online community involvements.

In the midst of that same valley, I worked on a book. It is a work of Christian fiction following a couple of small town detectives as they try to solve a crime few want answered. It delves into faith, trust, and the perfect plan of God as He works in all things.

I'm sorry to be so self-promoting. It embarrasses me to do this. I hope you will forgive me for barging into the forums like this but I am extremely proud of my book and want to share it with everyone. None of you owe me anything but I would appreciate your support in getting my book out to the public.

Regardless, I want to thank this entire community for helping me grow as a writer.

Thank you.

If you are interested, I have a Facebook page for my book you can visit for more info.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/If-Good- ... 1391390839
Brought to you from the mind of Joey Parker

http://www.amazon.com/If-Good-Men-Do-No ... do+nothing

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
— Douglas Adams (Mostly Harmless)

buckspub
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Re: I have a book on the horizon

Postby buckspub » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Post content deleted by user.
Last edited by buckspub on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RachelM
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:16 pm

Congratulations! :superhappy

I checked out your facebook page and it looks great. I love the title of your book! Best wishes!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi Joey! Happy Dance for completing your book. It is a scary thing to do. I'm not sure which level of membership you are, but did you know FW offers some amazing perks for Platinum and Gold members. They do ask that you commit for a year membership since the benefits are so amazing. Let me guarantee you, it's the best deal for any marketing that you will ever find. Plus you can pay it monthly. A Gold membership is about $6 USD and the Platinum is $10.

I know all the benefits available are available for Platinum (500) members, but not positive about Gold.

First, if you're a 500 member, they will advertise your book in the different pages. I clicked on the login page this morning and felt a thrill because the first thing I saw was the advertisement for my picture book. Because it's a kids book, it also gets flashed in the FW for Kids section as well.

You can also place it for sale in the FW eBook shop. That's really cool because with one click members can buy your book and part of the money comes back to them via Amazon so it's really a win-win.

Another awesome perk is the free read for reviews. You can list your book in that section and members who are interested will send you a PM (again you have to be a paid member) and in return you send them an eversion of your book. In exchange, they agree to do an honest review on the site and on Amazon. The more reviews you get on Amazon, the more likely you will sell the book to others. I believe I have received about 8 reviews or so from this.

Plus as an added bonus, there is a cash prize for the member who reviews the most books. So that encourages even more people to review it, which just helps you even more. You also might see your name or book in the monthly newsletter as well.

I can assure you, it has been worth every penny. If by chance you haven't actually published your book yet, there is also a discount for members who would like to publish with the well-known Christian subsidy press, Xulon. Also right now there is a fiction contest going and the winner wins a free publishing contract with Xulon. Another thing that is a valuable service if the book hasn't gone to press yet, is a list of editors who are also nFW members. They are all quite reasonable, and again a portion of that money goes back to FW which is another win-win. If you haven't published it yet, (I know you said on the horizon) editing from a professional is probably one of the most important things you should do. Not all subsidy presses offer this or they offer it at a high rate, but might not do an outstanding job (Of course many companies do do a great job, you just have to be careful and do your research.)

I hope this helps. Again I'm so happy for you and am glad you're back. If you need any help finding out more about these benefits, check it out on the login page for the main site and it should tell you it all. :superhappy
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

gracelikerain

Postby gracelikerain » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Congratulations!!

Visit my blog: Ordinary Days

Return to The Water Cooler