To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

IvyKat
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby IvyKat » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:48 am

Hey friend-bobs, love you all. Hollypop, yes, I was joking, because Timmy was the only one who greeted me on my return.

Okay, here we goes:

For the last 7 years, I've had a secret in my life that's been haunting me and keeping me from really enjoying God. (It's the kind of thing I wouldn't share on a public forum.) For the past few months, I've felt a huge desire to tell someone, but couldn't make myself do it.

At the conference, due to various chats and Bible verses that kept coming up (and a seminar I attended), I became more and more convinced that I needed to get it out and let someone else know, but I was still terrified. Finally, on New Year's Day at 12:30am, God gave me the strength to tell my staff mentor, Renee (although I really hedged until she guessed, because I was still too scared to tell her outright).

I feel kind of scared and sick at this point and keep asking myself why I did it. But I also feel like I'm on a path to being freer than I've ever been. God is so good to me. And this is just a part of all the amazing things I learned over those four days, and all the great friends I made.
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:02 am

Ivy, that's an exciting step in healing. Will you be able to keep in touch with that councellor to continue to get support?

My class tonight went great. I think I enjoyed the lesson more than the student did! :lol:
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

BusBoss

Postby BusBoss » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:19 am

Very cool Ivy 8)

and Very cool Amy 8)
My blog Da Bus Stop

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:24 am

A thought of the nakedness of Noah...the verse he was passed out drunk right? or close to it, I think that Noah might have become aroused in his sleep...and I think his son watching was aroused, and that's why the nakedness was a big think...because I think it said he was alone right? so..with Noah being found the only holy, or righteous man, I find it hard to believe that Noah was doing something sexual...apart from with his wive, how don't think was with him...
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:28 am

Good job Ivy, idkwhat you went through and are going through, but I know that telling people and having thier support has helped me so much.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:21 am

JoyAnn wrote:I find it hard to believe that Noah was doing something sexual...apart from with his wive, how don't think was with him...

My understanding is that he was passed out the whole time and unaware of whatever happened until he was told later.

I almost forgot to do the reading! Will do that now...

What does your version say for the "poor" blessing? My ESV says, "Blessed are the poor in spirit" but I don't know what that means, so I looked at the one on the Bible in a Year site and it says, "God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for Him."

Wow, the Matthew passage has a lot to think about... we're called to high standards, yet must be humble in our righteousness.

Oh...just realized it switched to midnight so I'm reading tomorrow's passage. Now read today's Matthew, too... Jesus answered Satan back with Scripture--He didn't try to rely on human words, but just spoke memorized Bible passages.

Interesting... in Genesis 10:20 it mentions "their languages" yet that was before the Tower of Babel. Was it saying what would become different languages, or do you suppose different dialects had already developed?

Also, did you notice in verse 25 it says in the days of Peleg (I always want to call him peg-leg) the earth was divided? Some scientist think that's when Pangaea broke into the continents we have now.

"The Lord dispersed them all over the face of the earth." How do you suppose He did that? Lions chasing them? :P Suddenly they just got itchy feet and wanted to travel? Or poof they showed up somewhere else?
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:46 am

January 5

VERSE OF THE DAY
And Abram believed the LORD, and the LORD counted him as righteous because of his faith. – Genesis 15:6

New Testament: Matthew 5:1-26
Old Testament: Genesis 13-15

1. SHELLYKINS :thumbs
2. BUTTONS :thumbs
3. AMY :thumbs
4. SHANNIKINS :thumbs
5. KARA :thumbs
6. BEAKERS :thumbs
7. TIARA :thumbs
8. SEEMA :thumbs
9. PATTY :thumbs
10. BOO :thumbs
11. ME :thumbs

The cirtter lover in me just couldn't resist this!
:mrgreen:

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:54 am

Hope this blesses all of you....when I read it, thought about all of us going through our drawn out trials.

Daily Devotional

God Writes Novels, Not Sitcoms
By Jennifer E. Jones
Multi-Media Producer, The 700 Club

CBN.com – By a virtual show of hands, how many of you expected more out of your life in 2010? You had dreams of breaking into this new year with something special. Don't be shy. We all probably lifted up a silent prayer last year that 2010 would bring our hearts’ desires.

You prayed, you waited, maybe even fasted. So what happened? I wish I had an answer for you. But what I can tell you is that if you haven't seen the end of your story yet, perhaps it is still yet to come. Let me explain.

Yes, the Bible has plenty of “suddenly's”. Elijah went up in a whirlwind suddenly (2 Kings 2:11). Jesus appeared suddenly to the disciples after His resurrection according to Matthew (28:9). Even God created the entire universe in just under a week (Genesis 2:2).

Things can always happen quickly, but more often than not, I find that many of God's miracles are on a slow burn. When I flip through the Old Testament, I find story after story of people who knew what it was to wait on God. Think about Abraham or David... These guys waited years upon years for God to deliver on His promises. Whether it was waiting on a son in the midst of barrenness or hiding in a cave hoping that his enemies wouldn't kill him, these were men of quivering yet unbreakable faith.

Think about the birth of Jesus. The coming of a Messiah was something that people predicted for generations. Many heroes of the faith went to their graves still waiting to see that promise fulfilled.

We live in an A.D. kind of world, but if we were able to ask prophets like Isaiah what it was like back then, I'm sure they would say, "It took forever for Christ to get here."

I say all this to say that God writes novels, not sitcoms. He specializes in miracles that take time. He doesn't cheaply wrap up our stories in a half hour. He's into setting the scene and fleshing out every character and every plot line down to its last detail.

I'm in the middle of writing a novel right now, and I can attest that it takes a while. I create back stories and intricate plot twists. I have to take my characters through all kinds of crazy things to get them to my perfect ending, which I've already planned out. When I get frustrated with how long it's taking, I press through and remember that God is an author too. He's writing my story and He's writing yours. It may seem like it's taking a long time, but trust me, the ending will be worth it.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:50 am

Sparrow wrote:"The Lord dispersed them all over the face of the earth." How do you suppose He did that? Lions chasing them? :P Suddenly they just got itchy feet and wanted to travel? Or poof they showed up somewhere else?

Being a Sci-Fi buff, I am all for the Transmat system of travel, so I could see God placing poeple all over the world by way of Matter Transfer or teleportation. Though I keep such thoughts to meself as some Alien hunters may think I am letting out toooo much info. :wink:

I am off work for two days.. WoooHoooo. Now the really hard work begins. Laundry and cleaning me kitchen. :roll:
Last edited by JesusPuppy on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:55 am

I went shopping with my friend last night and had friend time! :)

I'm glad we did too because she works Sunday and won't be at church and she works 55 hours next week which means I won't see her for another 2 weeks.

She is really excited for me getting my permit and going to drivers ed and working toward getting my license. Even her sister is uber excited for me! :o

I'm starting to even feel excited too and less nervous. I guess the more I think about it the more excited I am to have that freedom and to know I won't be stuck in my house forever. :lol:

:D
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:46 pm

Glad to hear you are getting your license... most glad for the fact I live on the other side of the country, but hey, I am glad. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:32 pm

Rebecky wrote:I went shopping with my friend last night and had friend time! :)

I'm glad we did too because she works Sunday and won't be at church and she works 55 hours next week which means I won't see her for another 2 weeks.

She is really excited for me getting my permit and going to drivers ed and working toward getting my license. Even her sister is uber excited for me! :o

I'm starting to even feel excited too and less nervous. I guess the more I think about it the more excited I am to have that freedom and to know I won't be stuck in my house forever. :D

I am SO happy to hear you getting excited about driving! Kimi (my dtr) didn't get her license in HS...she was so scared to drive and then we had to pay for it :(....but now, I can't keep her home! :mrgreen:

And Pup....LOL :!: About the laundry AND being on the other side of the country...oh, and yeah, as for me, total "beam me up spock" nut. :heehee So maybe that was the case too. :)

I'm sneaking on here becaue I'm waiting for some test results in English and the site is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow! Okay...outta here. Image This is suppose to be a run away bubble :roll:
:

IvyKat

Postby IvyKat » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:21 pm

Sparrow wrote:Ivy, that's an exciting step in healing. Will you be able to keep in touch with that councellor to continue to get support?

Yes, because she's my staff mentor on campus so I meet with her weekly.

I hate driving, Becky, so I understand what you mean. I've only driven twice since I got my license in June or whenever it was. Ugh. NOT my favorite thing to do.

Hollypop, I love what you posted about our lives being a novel! I am a huge proponent of instant gratification, so it's a great reminder for me that God is not finished with me yet, and I need to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

OH MAN I love my classes this quarter soooo much. I'm taking History of the English Language, which is making me interested in taking Old English at some point, and I'm taking Structure of ASL which is making me want to take ASL next year, and I'm taking Syntax which is hard but fascinating. Now I'm going to listen to a sermon that someone from church posted on addiction and lying to ourselves, and then I'm going to take a shower, and then I'm finally going to clean my room.

Holly, do you mean you're getting your grades? How is school going?

HUGS to all of you!
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:36 pm

Ivy- I never really minded driving much when I practiced and stuff but ever since the car accident being in the car is one of my least favorite things. Just simply being in the car is bad so I can't imagine actually driving will be like now.
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:39 pm

Whew, I'm all tuckered out. Didn't fall alseep until about 4 AM last night and then woke up with a lot of noise as Dad and our foreman were tearing out a wall downstairs to find the source of a nasty smell. Found it. Lots of dead mice stuck in the wall. :?

So glad I didn't have the extra church job tonight. I was working my longer class today and the teacher kept getting between me and my client today, so I had to stand more than usual (interpreter-teacher dance, they call it :P ). My team is awesome and is helping me take care of my body, though, so that's good. We rearranged the second half of class so we could sit the whole time.

Looks like I'll be interpreting in that class quite a bit this term.... will need two interpreters more often than they'd originally thought. It's a fun class, so that will be good. I just got offered two sub jobs tomorrow, too. :shock: I could end up with full-time work if I wanted it, but of course can't handle it physically, so I accepted one of the sub jobs and not the other but still will have a busy day tomorrow.

Please pray for wisdom for me to find the right balance of rest and work, and to know when to accept extra jobs and when I need to just rest. It's exciting to get offered that much work, but I need to make sure I don't take on too much or I won't be able to do any of it well. Since this kind of job especially means other people counting on me to be alert and clear-headed, it's important that I don't push myself too hard.

Ivy, so glad you're enjoying your classes right now, too.

Becky, can't wait until you get your licence!

Holly, did you get your grades yet? Are you happy with them?
Amy Michelle Wiley

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler