To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:49 am

OKAY! I AM GOING TO RANT SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT THEN SKIP THIS NOTE!

*big sigh*

OK... so today I read a "News story" about a woman who follows Harold Camping and supposedly they all believe that the Rapture is coming May 21, 2011 and October 21, 2011 is when the World will end.

NO, IT'S NOT!

First I hate and will not use the word "Rapture" because it is not even in the Bible. Why use a word that isn't even in the Bible itself? So I will not use it.

Next, We do not know when Jesus will return. I hate it when people try to guess or say when it will happen or even give clues that it will. When certain stuff happens people point to scripture to give clues that it's coming. Honestly I don't even like it when people say we are in the "end times" because WE DON'T KNOW!

Matthew 24:36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

OKAY. I am done now. I'm going to go pout for a while and get off my soap box.

:|
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:02 am

January 3

VERSE OF THE DAY
I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. – Genesis 9:13

Read Today's Bible Passages
New Testament: Matthew 3
Old Testament: Genesis 7-9
http://bible.cbn.com/Default.aspx

1. SHELLYKINS :thumbs
2. BUTTONS
3. AMY :thumbs
4. SHANNIKINS :thumbs
5. KARA :thumbs
6. BEAKERS :thumbs
7. TIARA :thumbs
8. SEEMA
9. PATTY :thumbs
10. BOO :thumbs
11. ME :thumbs

Amy...everyone on here has a heart for the Lord and knows you’re sweet spirit along with working hard to avoid strife while sharing your opinion, thoughts, beliefs….so pa-leeeee-se don’t every feel shy about posting or how much you post….I mean, we are all Christians first and all of us need to supp with the Lord daily and it’s hard with all that we have on our plates so this may be the only supping some of us do. Thanks for the explanation about Rachel…definitely makes sense. As for the Angels, you are right…no gender…messengers of God and I tend to lean toward your explanation…it’s just an area, I have a real curiosity about, so like Beakers…gonna pursue some more knowledge on the subject until God gives me a peace about it. If and when I find something noteworthy, will share it with y'all.

BTW...I'm posting pictures of winter and then will do spring and so forth. I am so grateful that God gave us seasons!

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:18 am

Rebecky wrote:OK... so today I read a "News story" about a woman who follows Harold Camping and supposedly they all believe that the Rapture is coming May 21, 2011 and October 21, 2011 is when the World will end.

They must be nuts... even the Mayans know it was going to happen in December of 2012. :roll:

:heehee
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

LStanley

Postby LStanley » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:18 am

Hi all, I have not read all the posts yet but I have an urgent prayer request.

I mentioned a couple of pages ago that my son is getting a sponsorship to attend the cricket academy which start in 2 weeks time.
I received an e-mail this morning informing me that the criteria has changed and that they will no longer consider doing the sponsorship.

I need urgent prayer for the finances to be available in time for my son to go.

Please add this to your prayer list.
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:27 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
Rebecky wrote:OK... so today I read a "News story" about a woman who follows Harold Camping and supposedly they all believe that the Rapture is coming May 21, 2011 and October 21, 2011 is when the World will end.

They must be nuts... even the Mayans know it was going to happen in December of 2012. :roll:

Maybe it shouldn't bother me as much as it does.

The sad part though is that woman even said that if that day comes and goes and she is still on this earth than she wasn't really saved. How sad is that?! She rather believe that the "Rapture" is going to come on that day no matter what and her salvation will be Dependant on that. That in and of itself made me sad. :(
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:28 am

Shann wrote:Just wanted to pop I quick and let everyone know that Seema's laptop died. She's getting a new drive cuz it was fried. Dell is sending her a new one soon. She says Happy New years and is thinking of everyone.

I'm suppose to check in with doctor again. I'll see how I feel and might call. I did make it upto. My sisters today which was nice. Unfortallu it wore me out a lot. So I'm off to bee

Thanks Shannikins, keeping you lifted up to the arms of Jesus. I actually thought about your visit to your sister's yesterday and while I was thinking of you having fun and getting out of the house, I did pray that you weren't in pain.

You too Seema...thought about your poll and your decision, so keeping you in prayer also. As for the computer, that's one thing I really like about Dell...they're warranty and service when your computer has to be replaced. When we lived WAY OUT in the sticks, they had a reapair person at our house the next day, who replaced the mother board so I could use our computer but then ordered us a brand new computer. Pretty awesome, it was!

Beakers....you just go ahead and stay on that little soap box of yours as long as you need to...we can all handle it. Yes, no one knows the day or hour of Jesus' return, but He does want us prepared and ready to go...so if I'm one of them that will be taken up to the clouds (I'm NOT saying 'THAT' word) :heehee , while in the field, after those in the grave rise...Well....I just want to make sure I'm the one taken and not left.

And Ms. Garfield....take a HUGE.....SLOW.....DEEP.....breath and don't let Lucifer rob you of the blessing that God is using you to be in your job. Stay content where you have been placed, think about how things could always be worse and even with the downright bad and ugly coming against you...it's better than not having a job right now in our economy....I KNOW you know all these things, but when the devil is coming against us with torpedo's...sometimes it's helps to hear what you already know from a friend. :mrgreen:

Okay, gotta start school today and let me tell you....I need prayer because my Finance teacher is high strung...rude....uptight....and even oppressive....so need your prayers to hang in there as I figure God allowed me to have this teacher for a reason and I want to stay humble and THAT'S tough for me when people get downright UGLY. He was SO upset with me, in two letters, he addressed me as HOLY....and religion never came up. It's definitely a not knowing God thing and the darkness hates the light, so pray for me.

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:30 am

LStanley wrote:Hi all, I have not read all the posts yet but I have an urgent prayer request.

I mentioned a couple of pages ago that my son is getting a sponsorship to attend the cricket academy which start in 2 weeks time.
I received an e-mail this morning informing me that the criteria has changed and that they will no longer consider doing the sponsorship.

I need urgent prayer for the finances to be available in time for my son to go.

Please add this to your prayer list.

Praying Boo!

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:32 am

JesusPuppy wrote:

Thanks for that Puppers! I needed that!! I love starting out my morning with a bit of laughter! Okay, NOW I'm off to get meself dressed, washed, groomed and energized with more coffee. tty'all later.

IvyKat

Postby IvyKat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:17 pm

BusBoss wrote:
IvyKat wrote:Hey folks, I'm back! Winter quarter starts tomorrow. I need to tell you all about the conference, because it was life-changing. I'm not exaggerating.

Hope you're all doing well. Love you.

Ivy

Hi Ivy 8)

Thanks Butbott... someone loves me. I can tell when I'm not wanted.

:cry2 :cry2 :cry2 :cry2 :cry2
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

IvyKat

Postby IvyKat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:22 pm

I'll have to tell y'alls about the conference later because I need to go get dressed for my first class. It's a long story. (The conference, not the class.) But I'm super excited for Syntax I which starts at 9:30! Be praying for me, because syntax was the hardest section of the linguistics class I took last quarter!

Also please pray for my dear friend who's on a 'potato diet' and NOT eating properly, and for me to know how to talk to her about it. We're going to meet up for lunch.

I'm praying for Hollypop with her nasty teacher (I've had that, and I didn't deal with it with grace or love at ALL) and for Boobelly with finances. You're all in the strong arms of God.

:grouphug
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi Fred!! I'm glad your back :D
Dum Spiro Spero

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Morning everyone!

There will always be people claiming they "know" when Christ will return. It is sad that the woman would give God such an ultimatum, but in general I just have to look at it with humor. Its really just another opportunity for the media to make Christians seem crazy.

I agree with not using the term rapture, I personally don't believe in a pret-tribulation rapture. In my understanding of how God works it doesn't seem in his character to keep his own out of pain and difficulty. I think it goes in hand with the health and wealth gospel in that if we are Christians life should be better, happier and wealthier.

Actually I think our lives will be all of those, just not in worldly and material ways. And not necessarily "happier" because I do not believe God has ever promised us to be "happy" but to have joy- which to me is a deeper more significant promise than the fickle emotion of happiness.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:05 pm

IvyKat wrote:
BusBoss wrote:
IvyKat wrote:Hey folks, I'm back! Winter quarter starts tomorrow. I need to tell you all about the conference, because it was life-changing. I'm not exaggerating.

Hope you're all doing well. Love you.

Ivy

Hi Ivy 8)

Thanks Butbott... someone loves me. I can tell when I'm not wanted.

:cry2 :cry2 :cry2 :cry2 :cry2

We all love you Fred! I was just patiently waiting to hear about the conference :D
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:10 pm

I agree with you Kara. There always have been and will be people who try to guess of the Christ's return. I agree about the Joy too. It is a deeper feeling than happiness. I feel like Joy is more permanent than happiness. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like Joy is there even if we don't stop and realize it sometimes.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:32 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:

:heehee[/quoteIt's so nice to see you and Tim back cracking jokes! I've missed your senses of humor. Now in just a matter of a minute or two you both made me chuckle.

So I'm suppose to call my doctor today and let him know how I'm doing, but since the last "tough it out." I'm not really in the mood to say Yes it got worse just like I predicted and is spreading All over my body making it at even more difficult to get an IV in now. only to likely hear "That must be really painful. Tough it out."

I've read the Bible verses and have written some notes but feeling kind of yucky right now. I may share some of my weird thoughts later.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler