To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

tonguethaid
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby tonguethaid » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:27 am

AnneRene' wrote:
tonguethaid wrote:So this is kinda going back to yesterday's reading, but I haven't read today's yet.

My Dad preached this morning at our old church and ironically it was out of Genesis 2. He pointed out how the garden was less jungle-like and actually more fieldlike, as it was God's intention that we would work and cultivate the fields even in paradise. So it was never God's plan that we sit and do nothing.

Thats all I heard of the sermon cause Aiden was freaking out in the nursery, so I had to go outside with him, which he's been having a rough time lately, he isn't usually that needy.

So I just figured out that I wont actually be a day behind, as long as I keep with the reading of the day, as in Thailand I am actually a day ahead. So even though I am finishing on the 1st it will be all of yours 31st :D

YAY on not being behind and cool about your Dad giving a sermon on what we're reading! Is he a Pastor and does he live in Colorado? I've gotten lost on what family lives where. As for Aiden....it's probably the altitude. :mrgreen: Poor little guy tho...he just knows he's not home, that's all.

Yes my Dad is a pastor- I know my situation is hard to keep track of but here's an attempt at explaining briefly:

He was a pastor in Southwest Colorado for 12 years when they suddenly moved us all to Thailand. After a year, a new church there was in need of a full-time pastor so my Dad took the job and since then created the foundation as the outreach part of the church, which also allows us to give visa's to volunteers and be a recognized entity in Thailand.

My Dad and Mom just came in a couple weeks ago and my Dad was asked to preach at my great grandmother's church- the pastor is also really good friends of my parents and long time supporters in their ministry.

I'm so glad you brought that up Holly, cause I was also scratching my head at that part. Thanks for the explanation Amy!

As for the Son's of God, I toyed with the idea that it meant fallen angels because I thought it had to be something really awful for God to want to wipe them out. But more and more I think it is referring to what Amy said about it just referring to different groups of people participating in unholy deeds.

But at the same time I look at our world today, and what is common and acceptable in our culture and just wonder how it could get much worse. I know it can get worse, but honestly don't think it would be by much.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:28 am

BusBoss wrote:
Ms. Barbie wrote:Holly, you are just too funny! The graphics were right on! My day of rest has turned into a day of stress with work crisis going on. I am not enjoying my job these days. AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGhhhh
Now, what was I saying?

I think you were saying :
AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGhhhh
:roll:

Hope things get better soon.

Hey Mr. Buttbott!! :mrgreen:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:28 am

Shann, thanks for letting us know where Seema is. Hope her new laptop gets here soon!

Glad you got to see your sister. Hope you get some rest tonight and tomorrow and are feeling better.

But at the same time I look at our world today, and what is common and acceptable in our culture and just wonder how it could get much worse. I know it can get worse, but honestly don't think it would be by much.

I know what you mean. It says the "end times" will get as bad as the days of Noah and sure seems like it's getting close to that. But then, in Noah's time he was the only Godly person. I wonder what percentage of the population his family was...? Suppose "in the days of Noah" includes few Christians, or just the rampant evil that everyone else is doing? Because we know there will be a remnant of believers...

I guess I better go to bed soon. I have three hours of interpreting work tomorrow. That's a pretty full day for my body. I have a teammate, of course, so we'll be switching back and forth every fifteen or twenty minutes. Hopefully I won't be too stiff with my back stuff. But it'll be paid! and I do enjoy interpreting, so that makes it a lot easier to get up and go to work even when I don't feel real well.
Last edited by Sparrow on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:46 am

Psssst Amy Kara doesn't want to think about it but I think they leave on the 6th

Quick hello to all I'm gonna try to sleep again.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:05 am

The walk was good, and no, I did not take pictures. I normally don't carry around a camera. I wanted to run so badly though, but couldn't because I had no belt on, so my pants just kept right on falling down. Oh one time I was on a walk, and I was grossed out because some like late 20's early 30's mexican guy was driving by as I was walking, and he like slowed down and better much stuck his head out the window to stare at me, I'm always like thinking I'll see him again, and luckily I haven't it was weird. lol
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:06 am

Mark me down as read!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:09 am

That is creepy. :? Do you know someone who can walk/run with you so you feel safer?

Thanks, Shann. I edited my post. ;)

One of my dad's subcontractors (he's done our plumbing for years and years, so they are kinda friends now) got some really good Trail Blazer (basketball) tickets and invited Dad to go with him tonight. They got to sit three rows off the court right next to the bench. Dad said it was awesome to get to see all the player's expressions and everything right there. We caught a glimpse of him on the TV news. It was a good game, too, and the Blazers won. :mrgreen:

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:40 am

Sparrow wrote:That is creepy. :? Do you know someone who can walk/run with you so you feel safer?

not really, and I like walking by myself. And I'm not afraid to walk by myself, I don't live in fear just because I saw one creepy guy. I know if something were to happen to me I would have Jesus and so would my family, and I always take me phone, I figure those are all I need to keep me safe.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:31 am

Well Spunky it could be that guy was freaked out about the angel walking beside you... that or the fact that you is sooo sweet and cute he couldn't help but stare. :mrgreen:

Morning folks. Another slow night here, I been going as slow as I can but still nearly finished with me work already. and still have half the night to go. Maybe if I took more breaks between breaks to waste more time. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:22 am

Well the plot thickens. Today is suppose to be my holiday day. Ya right. I have NO STAFF coming to one of my houses this morning.

Scheduled was the one who quit yesterday, and the other is snowbound as she lives in the upper desert. SO, I will be working the 6:30am shift till the clients leave for their day program by 10:30 am. I called some one else who can't get there till 8:00 as she is working all night at another job. I SO HATE MY JOB RIGHT NOW. I'm tired, my nose is stuffed up and I am very very very frustrated with the set of circumstances that led to the reason that staff suddenly up and quit without two week notice. The night shift staff claims she can't stay because " I have to go to court today" OH PLEASE! You can't stay till 8:00? What court is open that early??????????????????????????

I am sick of these people who are not team players and don't even try to assist when help is needed

Ok, so I ranted. Let me get a bit more sleep before I head out in the dark and stormy night, er morning.
Barb Culler

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:07 am

So on the Angel thing, Amy. My pastor did a bunch of studies on Angels mostly because some people of common thinking like when they die they will be an angel. Which isn't true. Some people think Angels are half human half angel or 'Godly being' for lack of a better term. Which isn't true.

now I can't remember if or where it says it in the Bible but I know that Angels are an entirely different species from humans. I'm not sure how the whole good and evil thing comes to light, I guess when we get up to Lucifer we can read more about it the bad part maybe.

OK... now I wanna go search up about angels in my study bible. I'll let you know what I come up with! :)
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:38 am

Morning Kiddo. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:38 am

Here is a commentary my bible says about Angels.

Angels are God's messengers, spiritual beings created by God and under his authority.

"For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him." Colossians 1:16

They have several functions; serving believers ("Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" Hebrews 1:14), Protecting the helpless ("See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven" Matthew 18:10), proclaiming God's messages (Revelation 14:6-12- this one is too long so I'll just put the reference), and executing God's judgment (Acts 12:1-23; Revelation 20:1-3)

Hopefully that will help some. :)
Dum Spiro Spero

BusBoss

Postby BusBoss » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:59 am

Morning all :mrgreen:
My blog Da Bus Stop

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:02 am

Morning pup & Tim :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler