To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

The scariest path in the world!

Postby AnneRene' » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:57 am

I'm posting this for all the hiker lovers on the West Coast, but I ain't one of 'em :)

No lie!!!!!!!!! I had to stop this video a couple of times as I couldn't take the suspense!

This walkway now serves as an aproach to Makinodromo, the famous climbing sector of El Chorro in Spain's Andalucia. And it is the hairiest path. The area of El Chorro situated in the south of Spain is renowned amongst travelers and mountain hikers for its stunning scenery and climbs, yet this is not the main attraction on offer, El Chorro is host to one of the most dangerous walkways in the world, built by workers to transport materials between the Chorro and Gaitanejo Falls

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligen ... _path.html

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:15 am

Too bad they didn't show all the walkway to the End of the Way. I had at one time wanted to go there just for the walk. Maybe one day.

The original 1901 walkway was mainly steel rods pounded into the rock face with wooden planks set on top.

Cement, limestone mortar, was added later (1920) to stabilize the path. now it is falling apart as you can see, there is programs being worked on to restore it, for tourist. Meself, I would rather it the rough way.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:27 am

PUP....OH MY GOSH....your crazy too! :shock:

Must admit, I'm impressed you've heard of this place and if you ever do make it over there.....See ya in Heaven Buddy!

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:34 am

PUP....OH MY GOSH....your crazy too!

And your point is? :P

Oh, come now, it is not that bad. After sky diving, hang gliding, even tried bungy jumping once. Some of the goat trails I have walked on here in the USA are little better than that one, and no guide wire to hang onto.[/quote]

JesusPuppy Profile

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:51 am

Soooo, now I know. You're a thrill seeking junkie and so I am assuming that in the middle of these feats....your mind is sooo focused on what you are doing that it is the only time your mind isn't spinning with life's garbage, which in turn....is actually relaxing?

JUST a guess....my hubby (John) is definitely one. He rides a ninja for "head clearing moments"....Sky diving is on the TOP of his list to do. Last night, watching the Olympics, for the 1st time in our 19 year marriage, he confessed that he couldn't handle the Luge! I was shocked!

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:05 pm

I must confess, :oops: I am not a thrill seeker. When I did these things it was more a matter of my suicidal tendencies showing through. At the time I was more interested in leaving this world. I HAVE mellowed somewhat. I still long for HOME, but I wont push it..... too hard. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:31 pm

PUP!....Been out running my dog at the park so he could do his "dodo business elsewhere".

Anyway, Oh, no,no,no and no...don't push at all buddy boy!!! You are so valuable to us around here so I can imagine how much more so to those physically around you. I know you are "mostly" jisting, however, the itty bitty part that isn't has just GOT TO GO!

God just gave me an idea for the challenge word today of Shhh and it has to do with "quieting our burdens", more or less. His heart of encouragement to us who are suffering in so many different areas of our lives, to hang in there. THERE...how do you like them apples. A message for you before everyone else :wink:

Anyway....if everyone could and would be honest....most of us have been there and done that, if even only in thought. God IS and will be Ultimately VICTORIOUS but let's get real and deal with how downright ugly and oppressive the enemy can be. It's HEAVY, no 2 ways about it, HOWEVER...
strength comes in numbers and I for one am truly grateful for this site of companionship where we can expose the darkness by telling the truth and reap encouragement from everyone's love and support.

BTW....my hubby has alluded to the same thing a couple of times when he gets bogged down with the weight of supporting his family in a bad economy.

P.S...I want to go HOME too, but not before God wants me! (and truthfully, am a littel chicken about the whole ordeal anyway)Image (this is chicken little in case you couldn't guess)

Have you read Hinds Feet In High Places?....Great Book....we'll I'm "Much Afraid"...for real

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 pm

Not much in THIS life to scare me anymore, but what comes in the next...? That frightens me still. I hold to hope in the Lord, but in this life--- not much to hope for I am afraid.

Well maybe winning the lottory. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:33 pm

Tell you what Pup....If I ever win the lottery, your included after I tithe :D

I did a Bible Study on Revelations about 2 years ago and ever since, I can really and truly picture what Heaven will be like which has taken the edge off of "unknowing" for me.

(Rev 22) The crystal clear river of life running from God's Throne down the middle of the great street of the city. And His name will be on our foreheads forever and then the transparent streets of gold and I could go on and on, but won't (whew!)

As 4 this life....no, not much to smile about, however....we are here to be tools to spread the word and there are so many people, I KNOW we've all touched but just don't know about it. Like seeding but we don't get to water too...that's always been a bummer 4 me but then I am so lifted up when another seeds AND I DO GET TO WATER AND WITNESS GROWTH!

AND, outside of blaspheming the Holy Spirit...there just is NOT any unforgivable sin. AMEN and I am reeeeally thankful 4 all the things I've done and am not proud of that I get to take with me, unexposed to man anyway :)

srashmi

Postby srashmi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 pm

I'm not much of an adventurer. (Is that even a word?) Running my "circus" every day is enough excitement for me. :wink:

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:45 pm

What grade do u teach Seema? I love kids and all, but a group of the little darlings is a handful!

kpwrite
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby kpwrite » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:33 pm

Hey! I just found this thread. I'm right along Leah's honeymoon path, too. I'm in Ferndale, "The Victorian Village," a little itty bitty tourist town near Eureka.

It's gorgeous here. We're nestled into a valley with redwoods all around and the beach 5 miles away. We really feel blessed to be here. My husband took a pastorate here last April.
Kristi

"When I stand before God at the end of my life I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" -Erma Bombeck

Visit my blog: www.neverkissatoaster.blogspot.com

srashmi

Postby srashmi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:37 pm

AnneRene' wrote:What grade do u teach Seema? I love kids and all, but a group of the little darlings is a handful!

5th grade. I have 35 monkies. Ummm, I mean students. :shock:

I think I'm going to go out for frozen yogurt. It's been a long week. Just checked the weather and it calls for rain the next four days. Sigh. Yes, I know you Northeners are laughing at that. Well, at least I have my sun avatar to keep things bright. :wink:

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:13 am

5th grade...Ewwwwwwww as you say :) You had it right the first time. Monkeys work for me. Enjoy your yogurt and btw....not to blow your bubble, but just heard we are now going to have 10 to 14 days of rain with the worst storm hitting next Thursday, but hey....your sun avatar is cheery!

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 am

Welcome Kristi! I bet you felt that most recent earthquake!
Barb Culler

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler