To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby deejay » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:58 pm

No, not looking for a job--as Albert Einstein once said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." I think God wants me to just work at the church. I've had enough times when I felt as if I was pounding my head into a brick wall only to find it was God saying no to realize that. But He's been very good to me, enabling me to be a blessing to others. After all, the Bible speaks highly of the poor, and it was the poorest church, the church of Macedonia, that gave the most to Paul's ministry. He's got something planned, I just have to wait for it.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:27 pm

So behind it isn't funny anymore. :(

Hiya ShortStuff good to see you. Were those pictures before or after, toooo bright to be during. If you hear from Shann, please let her know I am praying for her.

The fires out this direction have been making things so smoky. Most days it looks like the normal fog all day, unless you notice the sun. But there has been a good side, that blood red moon looks cool. :roll:

Had our first good rain today so the area is clearing some what. I just pray it was enough to help them get things under control, if not putting them out completely. At least the air today smelled clean... for a little while.

I really need a new computer, or maybe a new Windows program for mine. <<still using XP, and finding it harder to do anything online. It is almost 10 years old, but it still runs great, just can't use the net very good. Actually, very little. Most of my online stuff is done on the tablet, but I need extra strong magnifying glasses to read the silly thing. Oh well, I guess I will have to admit it after all.... I am getting......

Old. :(
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:03 am

Thanks for prayers. Still in hospital and feeling miserable.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:40 am

Being in a hospital around a bunch of medical peeps would make me feel miserable too. :(

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:33 pm

Just got home. It's nice to be in own bed! Thanks for prayers and love. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:59 pm

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Shann!

My future great-nephew will be named Michael Anthony; but that's what my niece and her husband are going with now, I'm told.
My sister sent me an email yesterday, asking if I'd received a package she'd sent Sept. 1st. I said I'd check; I'd picked up my mail that morning but didn't see any notifications. Then last night I was going over my mail and reading it, and there's this tiny post-it note, written in Spanish, that I had a package. Got it this morning; it's a bunch of toiletries.

The other day I came home to find another resident had passed away. That's the third since I've been there. Someone said he had gray hair, so it was probably his time to go. But I did say a prayer for his family and friends; I myself didn't know him, like I didn't know the other two.

Checked on my cousin in Florida; she's okay, power has been out since Sunday. She said she hasn't checked with my aunt, but she believes she's okay, was supposed to have been moved out by other family members.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 pm

My post was deleted. :(

Stopped by last saturday and said, "Hi Shann, welcome back." And it is not there now. I know I hit submit. At least I think I did. :roll:

Oh well, it is raining again here, maybe it will put out those fires. Working in the rain sure does dim MY fire. :brrr

JesusPuppy Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:58 pm

Nice weather for this week, though working is a drag at the moment. Another worker is doing the cel-phone thing... not working but getting a lot of airtime on his phone. I had enough the other day and blew up at him for not doing his job. Get this.. he sent a text to the main office saying I was RUSHING to get costumers so I would get all the tips. I don't even get that many. True I get more than him because he just sits there.

Another bad moment... he was talking to a guy that was pumping his own diesel in 5gal cans, not working just standing there talking. I had three other cars I was taking care of and he had the nerve to ask if I could start a car 10 FEET away from him.

Okay, maybe I am being a bit rough, I am a Christian and suppose to be nice but do I actually have to put up with stuff like that? If I didn't need the work I would quit on the spot.

Please God, tell me, how much is enough?

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Hey Pup thanks for the welcome back. I was back in the hospital with kidney stones so am really glad to be out again! It's so wonderful to have such a supportive family and a home to go home to.

Sounds like the guy you work with doesn't have real big work ethics. That seems to be the norm more and more lately. Although I'm one to talk seeing how I don't work, but obviously I wish I could and when I did, I loved it. I easily could have become a workaholic. Sigh now I'm just a bum. Although I'm not sure if I'd change anything because I have the most amazing kids in the world. They are hard workers and have gentle souls. I can't imagine three better kids anywhere. So I'm a bum, but blessed! :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:50 pm

But a lovable bum. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Pup. I've had slacker co-workers too. All you can do is work harder than they do--I know, you're already doing that--but keep a good attitude. Yes, it's frustrating, but sooner or later the slacker will get what's coming to him. Just make sure you present your side of the story whenever he emails the boss saying you're the problem. Sooner or later, he will see for himself who the harder worker is.

Shann, be grateful you have a home and loving family. There are people on the streets who once had good jobs, but something came along healthwise and they can no longer work. Go to www.facesofsantaana.com, click on the portraits of homeless people and read their stories. No, I'm not on there, sorry.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:57 am

Thanks for saying I'm a lovable bum. :mrgreen:

Deejay, you just don't get it. In no way was I complaining. I'm very grateful that not only can my husband work, but that I was healthy and motivated to work very hard since the age of 12. It allowed me to save money, get a good pension, and have disability insurance.

Even though I've been quite ill and in the hospital for health reasons more times in some years than many people will be in their entire lifetimes, I still have an incredible work ethic and do all I can to make sure I don't end up homeless. That doesn't mean I am not grateful every single day for the many many blessings I have.

Pup also knows what it is like to work harder than those around him and how to handle it with class and dignity.

Even though I've been labeled as permanently and totally disabled, I have more back to work attempts than I can count. The thought of not working and relying on others is unpalatable to me. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe we should support the elderly and sick in our country. I have more of a problem supporting those who run the system, but do try really hard not to judge. It's hard when I see people collect SS or disability and work full-time under the table or see people collecting Medicaid, welfare, and food stamps, but are going on cruises, driving high-priced cars, and eating better than I am. I was at the doctors once listening to someone on Medicaid complain about paying a $1 co-pay on Medicaid. Meanwhile I was spending thousands on insurance and my doctor bill was over $200.

And if you read my posts, you'll know how grateful I am for my family and how wonderful my kids are and what amazing work ethic and empathy they have. Maybe my choice of the word bum offended you, if so I'm sincerely sorry. I didn't mean it in a derogatory way but as an inside joke between Pup and me and some others. It was like Pup said a lovable bum. I still work as hard as I possibly can. I've had people say stuff about going into the hospital for a vacation, so it was a play on spending more days in the hospital than out in September like I was just lounging around enjoying being poked, prodded and in unbearable pain as well as not having slept.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Exciting news. Hopefully I'm going to be a Grandma again! M has almost hit 17 weeks. They didn't want to tell too many people until they passed week 14 (when they lost their last baby).

I'm excited for them, but worried too. M has been quite ill. She was with Payton too. On top of morning sickness and migraines she's had at least 3 bladder infections which have caused cramps and made her feel yucky all over. Please keep M, Andy, and baby in your prayers. She's been on 3 different antibodies. She had to go to the ER last night too. They sent her urine out for a culture and started an IV and gave her some fluids. She said that helped a bit, but not as much as I'd have hoped.

I know they are worried. I'm trying to be supportive but not let my OB nursing experience get me or them too worried. I know they are in God's hands, but this is hard because she is so uncomfortable, has a super active 2 yo, and is still working, which means hours in the car.

She's a home-based therapist and covers 3 very large, rural counties in Western NY. There are days when she's literally driving from the farther st point in one county to the farthest in the 3rd county, and sometimes an extra swing to the farthest point in the middle county. Often she's driving 100 miles one way for one appointment and usually has at least 2 or 3 (if not more) each day.

Of course the best thing for a UTI is to drink lots and lots, but being out on the road in the middle of nowhere with a baby sitting on her bladder makes it hard to take those needed bathroom breaks.

But I'm so grateful she's made it this far. Payton is such a joy in all of our lives. I never dreamed there was yet another way to love so intensely, and it's such an amazing, in-depth yet different love. It gives me just a glimmer of how much Jesus loves us, rejoices in our victories, is saddened by our grief, and has our backs always.
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Shann wrote:Thanks for saying I'm a lovable bum. :mrgreen:

Deejay, you just don't get it. In no way was I complaining. I'm very grateful that not only can my husband work, but that I was healthy and motivated to work very hard since the age of 12. It allowed me to save money, get a good pension, and have disability insurance.

Even though I've been quite ill and in the hospital for health reasons more times in some years than many people will be in their entire lifetimes, I still have an incredible work ethic and do all I can to make sure I don't end up homeless. That doesn't mean I am not grateful every single day for the many many blessings I have.

Pup also knows what it is like to work harder than those around him and how to handle it with class and dignity.

Even though I've been labeled as permanently and totally disabled, I have more back to work attempts than I can count. The thought of not working and relying on others is unpalatable to me. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe we should support the elderly and sick in our country. I have more of a problem supporting those who run the system, but do try really hard not to judge. It's hard when I see people collect SS or disability and work full-time under the table or see people collecting Medicaid, welfare, and food stamps, but are going on cruises, driving high-priced cars, and eating better than I am. I was at the doctors once listening to someone on Medicaid complain about paying a $1 co-pay on Medicaid. Meanwhile I was spending thousands on insurance and my doctor bill was over $200.

And if you read my posts, you'll know how grateful I am for my family and how wonderful my kids are and what amazing work ethic and empathy they have. Maybe my choice of the word bum offended you, if so I'm sincerely sorry. I didn't mean it in a derogatory way but as an inside joke between Pup and me and some others. It was like Pup said a lovable bum. I still work as hard as I possibly can. I've had people say stuff about going into the hospital for a vacation, so it was a play on spending more days in the hospital than out in September like I was just lounging around enjoying being poked, prodded and in unbearable pain as well as not having slept.

I'm sorry I misunderstood you. Yes, I am aware you are happy with your wonderful family, etc.. You're a hard worker who just has a lot of brick walls in front of you. Kiss and make up? *smooch*

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:43 pm

You made me giggle Deejay. Yes, kiss and make up. :hugs3
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler