Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:32 am

It is what's called an UN-Birthday, don't you know. (insert Mad-Hatter icon)

:mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:53 am

Hey, I'm up for an un-birthday as the next guy. In fact, weren't you going to send me fudge for my un-birthday? But I hate to tell you that yelling out, "It must be my un-birthday" is not nearly as funny or sweet as "Hey it must be someone's birthday!" :tongue

So what are ya all up to? M is going back to work Monday. I can't believe it's been six weeks. Payton is growing so fast. She's still beautiful. We are going to M's on Saturday to celebrate Father's Day. I don't think she is going to have me babysit on Fridays like she mentioned. I probably won't be seeing Payton as much once M goes back to work.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:35 pm

So have you guys heard about the two prisoners who escaped from upstate NY? it's been on the national news. Well, on the way to M's we ran into roadblocks, cops with assault rifles, helicopters, and they had to check every car. I guess they were spotted right near the church where M was married and along the railroad tracks by her house. It freaked me out a bit.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:38 pm

Oooo scary. Have they found them yet?

Been re-reading over old notes on the kids, (and adding a few) and there have been some real fannies. Yesterday mom, dad, and I had some fun embarrassing the Slug. Her little sister came running out with nothing but a shirt on. After ushering the three year old back to her room to finish dressing, the nine year old walks out laughing and proudly said how she had never done anything so silly.

We had fun watching her hide. :mrgreen:

There was one time they came to the store in the evening when I was still working there, and just as they enter the doors, Slug starts calling out, very loud, "Gotta go potty Mommy." And then proceeded to remove her drawers right there in the front lobby of the store. :oops:

It was her mom that replayed this memory to her yesterday, dad and I were too busy laughing. Slug tried hiding under a blanket, but her dad grabbed her foot, so she cowered behind the sofa for a minute while we stopped laughing at her. Then to make things even worse, as she started to leave the room a few moments later, her dad asked, “Where you going.”

Yes, she embarrassed herself even more by stopping to reply. “I gotta go potty.” :rolling

I thought her dad was going to have heart failure, I know I almost passed out from lack of air.

Ah, laughter. It is such a great thing. Especially when it is some one else you are laughing about, even better when it's a kid.

JesusPuppy Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Love your stories on the kiddos, Pup!

No, Shann, I haven't heard about those escapees. I don't watch much news, I guess. I read science related news and Israel stuff.

I've been working on my sci-fi novel. It's coming along, slowly. lol I'm trying to invent different animals and plants; nothing too crazy. :clown . Also, reading Prince Caspian and listening to another CS Lewis book The Silent Planet.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:57 pm

Oh Pup, those stories are priceless. Ya got to give the kid a bit of credit for being able to laugh at herself. She could have said a ton of excuses, but she knew telling the truth would make ya all laugh harder. Sigh soon hormones will kick in and she won't be humanlike for 6 or 7 years, but then she turns human again.

I thought of you the other night, Pup. At 10 pm or so, Chris was getting home from work and told me there were weird lights outside. They didn't look like a p, and because they were red and didn't flash but kinda pulsated. There were two at first, but as one started to fade, we saw 2 more come up from a little spot in the horizon. They almost looked like a flare from a flare gun, but we're way too big and didn't travel the way a flare would. We stood out there for 15 minutes or so. There were five of them that appeared while I was out there. We wondered if they were helicopters or drones looking for the prisoners, but that didn't seem likely to Chris. I just kept shouting, Oh my God, it's aliens. They're here! Of course I used my spooking voice. Never did figure it out. They still haven't found the prisoners either. Maybe the aliens came and took them.

Good for you Jay working on your book. I know I told both you and Pup that I would help look over your work and give feedback but it seems like I'd am morphing through time at a supersonic speed. I'm blaming the aliens again.

M went back to work today. I'm bummed that they don't feel comfortable letting me watch the baby even one day a week. I won't be seeing her as much either now that M has gone back to work. I feel so sad and pretty much think I must be a pretty crappy person to feel this way. It also makes me think I must not have been the best parent either since they aren't comfortable leaving their granddaughter with me.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:52 pm

Shann wrote:Ya got to give the kid a bit of credit for being able to laugh at herself. She could have said a ton of excuses, but she knew telling the truth would make ya all laugh harder.
Are you kidding..? She tried to deny it ever happened, her mom was the one to set her straight. We just giggled at her expence. And she does turn such a lovely share of red. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:18 pm

I can relate I tend to turn a brilliant shade of red too. If you're out tonight look to the Western. Jupiter and Venus are so pretty. They are fairly close together and look big. There's supposed to be a chance of the Northern lights too.

No comments on my aliens, Pup? Maybe that's why Jupiter and Venus are so pretty. TheyThey coming to bring you home.
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:58 pm

Lately, some of my food has been disappearing. Most recently, a small peach pie and a tub of bbq beef have gone missing. Lisa says she strongly suspects C.J. and Diane are to blame. But for the last 4 1/2 years they've always asked permission before taking anything of mine. Lisa doesn't eat beef, and since the tub is 8 servings, I can't see one person eating it. Kate can't because she's had a kidney transplant, and Debbie won't touch my stuff, period.
Funny how they left the buns in the freezer and took the meat. I bought a replacement yesterday; I'd discovered it was missing Thursday went I went to take the buns and tub of meat from the freezer to thaw a day before preparing it for the next 4 days. So I ended up eating at Jack in the Box, because I hadn't taken the buns out to thaw. So, hopefully tonight, I can start eating BBQ beef on buns until Tuesday.
After that, I have 2 packages of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and a package of boneless pork chops. I have two boxes of pasta to make with them. So I'm set until the first week of July. Lisa says they're likely out of food stamp money, but still--!
Also, C.J. and Diane have removed the satellite decoder box from downstairs and taken it upstairs with them. That's Debbie's territory since she has the credit card to get us signed up for the service. She's taking her time thinking of her response to them. Thing is, we all pay for the service by giving Debbie $5 each every month. So of course it's for everybody. C.J. gave Lisa a tiny TV set that has a rabbitear antenna, and of course we can't get very many channels on that, over the air only, which has nothing I want to watch. And of course the picture and sound aren't very good, either.
Fortunately, when I had my blessing day last Wednesday, God gave me peace inside, so when I went to the library that day and didn't drive my blood pressure to dangerous levels even with meds because the Wi-Fi went on the fritz, I realized that was the blessing I really needed. I also normally would've gone into a royal rage over the missing food, but haven't. Maybe next year He'll miraculously cancel my student loan debt or get me a new place to live, or something like that.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Were they random lights or did they form into a triangular shape. I was checking into that a while back, seems several hundred people saw those. I am reminded of the Tinley Park lights, just south of Chicago Illinios, several years back(2004). There have been many such sightings over the years, but that one lead to a search covering the globe. First seen in Canada two nights before, across the USA, then Europe and finally down in Australia the next day.

I will have to check with my friends at "UFO Hunter" magazine, they keep tabs on all those sightings. Wonder if it went world wide again. You should go there and let then know about the sighting, I bet a lot of folks did so.I will check in and get back to you on that. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:35 pm

I think it was on Friday June 19, but not positive. I don't think they formed a triangle, but definitely were funky. They came out two at a time. They were red. They didn't flash but they pulsate. Then they just disappeared and then two more would come up.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Deejay, did you know if you work for 10 years (I think it has to be 30 hours a week) in a public service job (nonprofit company but doesn't have to be certain jobs, it could be anything from being a janitor at Red Cross or a teacher in a public school) they will cancel out your student loans. I can't remember what it's called, but it might be worth looking into. It's possible some of your jobs you've had counts to it. Q was upset because they don't consider ministers or religious jobs public service. In a way I understand because there are fake churches out there that people form for tax breaks and stuff, but if it's a legitimate church or agency, I think it should count.

So today after church, I went shopping. On the way out I saw a guy with a sign saying he needed money for gas to get home. Now that's not something one sees in my tiny little town. I felt God calling me to help so I told them to pull their car up to the pump and I'd fill it for them. I like doing that instead of just giving cash, but I didn't have cash on me anyhow. I was going to offer them some food when I heard God say you have your credit card. It was a nice feeling and my son is a master at travel disasters from car accidents to break-in to break downs and people have helped him so I thought it cool to help them too and I shared my faith and told them I'd pray for them.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Shann wrote:Deejay, did you know if you work for 10 years (I think it has to be 30 hours a week) in a public service job (nonprofit company but doesn't have to be certain jobs, it could be anything from being a janitor at Red Cross or a teacher in a public school) they will cancel out your student loans. I can't remember what it's called, but it might be worth looking into. It's possible some of your jobs you've had counts to it. Q was upset because they don't consider ministers or religious jobs public service. In a way I understand because there are fake churches out there that people form for tax breaks and stuff, but if it's a legitimate church or agency, I think it should count.
There are a couple of caveats associated with that 10 years of public service loan thing. One is you have to be making payments for that 10 years. It requires 120 "on time monthly payments." You can have periods of non-payment in there, as long as its forbearance, or deferment, or some other "official" form of not making payments, but you have to make 120 payments. It also has to be full time work, and only work from October 2007 and after counts. It also has to be full time employment, or 30 hours per week.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

deejay

Post by deejay » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:21 pm

In that case I don't qualify; I've been a church janitor for 5 years, been on deferment or forbearance for the maximum allowable time for each, and am currently on an income deferred plan. Maybe I missed something in the fine print--why do they always have to have fine print?--but recently they said that despite my payment being zero due to my income--I had to submit tax forms--they say I owe some money. I'll have to go back and look.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:40 am

deejay wrote:why do they always have to have fine print?
It is a conspiracy against people with poor eyesight. :roll:

Been a rough month. Barely had enough jobs to cover the bills. Having the front bushings go out on my bike didn't help much, just added more block to my path. But, God provides in our moments of trial, and mine is made worse it seems with ghosts of the past.

Don't worry, I won't go deep into the details (those who know will understand), just asking a simple prayer for a lowly heart. I don't know why it still surprizes me that the pain of loss never seems to go away. Always that dim shadow lerking in the back of my heart. Even more reason for wanting to go HOME, to have all those tears wiped away, and be able to reunite with loved ones torn from our lives too soon.

JesusPuppy Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”