Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

rtodd5011
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by rtodd5011 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:45 pm

:tongue :tongue :tongue to my buddy shann! :angel2 I was just clowning around. :clown

Seriously though, congrats to you shann. and sincerely hope and pray you are better. I dont have any grands yet seeing that I have 5 kids altogether, with one stepdaughter getting married in October. I know it will be just in a matter of a year or two or three. I'm not sure what my step grands will call me since their dad is in the picture. I may as well get used to the idea that they will call me Richard. Ha! Maybe my darling wife will step in and give me some type of paternal grandparent name...We will see.

Other than that life is going steady. My oldest son turned 21 on May 7th. I sent him a fifty dollar gift card in the mail, and somehow it got lost. I'm so glad i kept the receipt that had the activation number on it. I had to scan a picture of the receipt and a current bill with my address on it on my iphone since I don't have a scanner. and will call them back tonight to see if they got all the info they need to refund me. To me fifty dollars is alot of money to lose. :violin :violin

~ Richard
Faithwriters Profile

Grace is God's invisible hand reaching down and touching the heart of sinful man. It is not restricted to only a select few. It does not hesitate but boldly goes where no man has gone. The grace of God goes the distance to reach those deep hurting and bleeding places. But more than that it takes and heals and delivers and restores. We should all want to get in that special place where God pours out His healing grace. The Sacred Place of God's Grace

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri May 15, 2015 1:56 pm

jaybird wrote:I watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - what a strange thing. lol Is the books any better? Maybe Pup knows? Since he knows a few aliens. I didn't care for "evolutionary" concept thrown in the movie.
The old BBC tv show was better and yeah the books are way better. And I will have you know we did not evolve from those cave men, (if you follow the story right) we are the desendents of the morons that crashed landed and killed off those cave men. :mrgreen: I liked the old show, then the movie came out... such a let down. That's Hollywood for you.

Selling my smaller grey trike, needing the funds, it is going out this weekend. A few jobs lined up for next week, and a gardening job later today, but... PAINTING on my cottage begins next Wednesday. Finnished up the clean-up to the outside; preasure washed, pulled down old lights, pulled nail and replaced siding... This place will look good when it is down, and then Granny Shann will have to come visit me. Has to come for the BarBQ you know. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri May 15, 2015 7:11 pm

rtodd5011 wrote:Im back around again, and not on the right coast! Lol I dont think. I figure there are newby's here. I know a couple of you, Hey Jaybird :thumbs and Shann :shiney2 I came out of "lurky land" and back in the civilization. Nice to see you all and re-meet some of you. My name is Rich and Im a Arky from Missippi. Hopefully I can get away with some grammar errors here in this furom! Actually I dont know which coast i am actually on. :welcome :clap :superhappy :grouphug :heehee
Yay Richard is here visiting! Stay a while, we don't bite - okay, some of us nibble. :lol:

Hey, Shann, I'm sorta on the way to Pup's cottage. You can have the guest house. :wink:

Thanks, Pup I'll try the Hitchhiker's books.

Poor Little Bird has been in a lot of pain and I saw her in a neck brace during online bible group. :(
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri May 15, 2015 11:19 pm

I spent the day with the most beautiful baby ever. She's crying a bit right now. A few minutes ago she was snoozing in my arms. I'm tired, it makes me wonder how I managed a newborn full time. I'm going to enjoy every minute with her though.

Good to see you pop in Rich. Sorry you have to sell your trike, I wanted to go riding with you someday, Pup.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Sat May 16, 2015 5:07 pm

Yay! So glad you got to hold her, Shann!
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed May 20, 2015 10:55 am

Poor Little Bird has been in a lot of pain and I saw her in a neck brace during online bible group. :(
Was it from an ongoing complication, or did she hurt herself? Let her know I was thinking about her.

JesusPuppy Profile

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Wed May 20, 2015 1:40 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Was it from an ongoing complication, or did she hurt herself? Let her know I was thinking about her.
She's been having neck and shoulder pain, due to her condition, and it was suggested a few months ago that she try the neck brace. It wasn't helping, and she thought it was making things worse, even. But I guess now that she's in more pain again she's going to try it again. :(

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed May 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Yeah she has had the brace a while now. She went to urgent care last week. I think she is doing better now though.

Happy Birthday Allison! :birthday :birthday :party :party :party :birthday :birthday

Just finished skyping M and Payton. Oh I wish you could all see her. She is so perfect. I think she might be a redhead. They took her to the doctor because she was spitting up. He said they were overfeeding her, I thought that might be the case, but I nursed all of my kids and it's so different from bottle feeding. Plus I'm trying not to give unsolicited advice, but it's hard for me!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Wed May 20, 2015 6:11 pm

Shann wrote:

Happy Birthday Allison! :birthday :birthday :party :party :party :birthday :birthday
Thank you!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu May 21, 2015 8:53 pm

Shortstuff had a birthday... So. How old does that make you now, 12 or 13?

:heehee

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu May 21, 2015 8:58 pm

Pup, be nice! :pirate2 She's at least 16! :tongue

and we wonder why people don't come around as much
Shann

Shann's Profile

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Thu May 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Hehe. Double what Shann said and you've got it. I'm 32.

And... guess what?!? We had a little girl accpet Christ at musicla practice tonight! I know I'm posting this in about four different places here, but somehow I don't think anyone will mind...

See here.
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpB ... =6&t=39340

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri May 22, 2015 12:03 pm

That's awesome Allison. It makes all that pulling out your hair worth it. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu May 28, 2015 2:16 am

More painting jobs lined up, this one for a motel. Might make some work with them. They are freinds, I use to do work for them. He had a bad accident a few years back, now his spine is shot and can't keep up with the work anymore.

Now... I could have swared I posted the other day. I said, "Another little sister in the family. :superhappy :clap " But now... no post. Hummmm..... I know I didn't delete it instead of submitting it.

I think. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu May 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Maybe you were sleep posting. I hear there are some nuts who actually do that, but not sure if there is evidence of it. It would take a special nut to perform such a feat. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”