Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by writermom » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Rebecky,
I will be praying for you and your family but I also would be amiss if I didn't share this testimony with you. I believe it will encourage you. Before I do, though, I have to say, I don't know where your Grandpa is with the Lord but remember Psalms 23. A Christian knows when they depart this life they are forever with the Lord. When I was about to leave Florida and come to Missouri my dad was in a nursing home. I knew with all probability I would never see him again. I was a Christian and I knew I had to try to assure he would be with me in eternity. I simply said " Dad,
I am moving to Missouri and I want you to be with me in Heaven. Would you like to ask the Lord to come into your life and forgive you of your sins?" He humbly said something that I never would have expected, he said, he didn't know how to? That day God gave me the awesome privilege of leading him to the Lord. Of course your situation is different but if your Grandpa isn't a Christian you can simply tell him you love him and you want to know that he will be in heaven with the Lord. Blessings to you, Lori
"If you have only been published once, you have been read by many" L.G.

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by Rebecky » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:33 pm

My grandpa is a Christian. In fact he is a retired Pastor. He baptized me in the river when I was 7.
Dum Spiro Spero

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Praise the Lord! :D

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:40 pm

I've found some people who are Christians who are afraid to die aren't afraid for themselves but the people they love. They may not want to die in front of a loved one because they are afraid what it'll do to the loved ones. Sometime they need some kind of reconciliation. Maybe they are worried about what their passing will do to someone in particular. I definitely felt like that when Mom and Grandpa died. Even Dad.

I'm in so much pain today. I feel like someone replaced my bone marrow with acid. I have another outbreak and a sore throat. I should get up and make a smoothie, but it takes too much energy.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:34 pm

Father,
I ask in the precious name of Jesus that you would reach down right where Shann is and at the very point of her need and heal her body. Lord you know Shann, she is your daughter and you know what she has endured. Please heal her and make her well. You died for her and rose. By your stripes she is made whole. Encourage her, strengthen her and be her comforter. We know there is nothing to hard for you. In Jesus name, Amen.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:31 pm

writermom wrote:Father,
I ask in the precious name of Jesus that you would reach down right where Shann is and at the very point of her need and heal her body. Lord you know Shann, she is your daughter and you know what she has endured. Please heal her and make her well. You died for her and rose. By your stripes she is made whole. Encourage her, strengthen her and be her comforter. We know there is nothing to hard for you. In Jesus name, Amen.

Amen Miss Lori!

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Thank you Lord. Your prayer was beautiful and helped a lot. The acid feeling is almost all gone and that was the worst of the pain. I didn't make it to church today, but hopefully can get to Bible study tomorrow.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:04 am

Morning' Peeps!

Just a quick hi....HI, to let y'all know me's thinking 'bout ewes, but especially Amykins, Beakers and Calico-Shann. (I just love that name...it's got that rhythm thingy thing going on....kinda like Annie Oakley) :mrgreen:

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:57 am

Shann,
How are you doing? I pray this week finds you much better :) Prayer is the most powerful tool our heavenly Father has given to His children. When we seek His face, we can know, as you have already experienced, his healing touch. Blessings, Lori

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Grandpa is going on a hunger strike or thirst strike or whatever. He was refusing to drink any fluids yesterday. He's really angry I think and depressed and kind of out of it.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:02 pm

Oh Becky, I'm so sorry. That must be so hard for you to watch. There's nothing that quite describes that horrible feeling of helplessness. I'm here for you if and whenever you need me. Q called me last night at 1 am. After my panicked, "What's wrong?" we had a nice talk and he needed me to pray for him. You know I love you like you were one of my kids, sweet Becky, and if you need me in the middle of the night, know I'm here for you. It might take me several minutes to wake up. Apparently I talk fluently and text while sound asleep, perhaps even better asleep than awake! :D Sending you huge hugs and lots of love!

Thank you Laurie for thinking of me. Things have been a bit better. I'm working on a couple of projects. It's good to distract me but can be stressful too. I managed to get a few things accomplished this week. (Oh darn, I'm messed up on my days. Tonight was the woman's meeting at the church and I was going to go. I keep thinking it's FRiday.) I was going to have lunch with a friend today, but the temp was something like negative 17 (without the windchill factor too) and we heat with the wood stove. I was afraid if I wasn't here to keepo it going the pipes might freeze. We've rescheduled for next week.
Shann

Shann's Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:35 pm

Hello. Staring at a blank page. I'm sorry to hear about your granpa, Becky.
I guess I could share my new poem. It was inspired by a friend's photograph of a moon.

Moon Gazer

Rising, rising from a sunset remnant,
A yellow globe sprouts from the horizon
Like a golden necklace pendant.
She gazes upon it as if a Rembrandt.

She watched its arc traverse the night sky;
The backdrop now pitch black, cloudless
The splendid full moon pleasing to her eye
A sight to behold; she sighs.

With joy she shall not delay;
A few snapshots she took,
And as her face glowed in the moonrays,
God’s blessings she praised!

I found a list of 100 poem ideas from 11 years ago (though only 70+ on the list.) and I wish I took notes on some of the entries - a tidbit line or theme, but that's alright, I'll come up with something.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:55 pm

I love the poem Jay. In the summer I go out and watch the moon. I love it. I even did a Wrigley story on it that won an EC. Your piece fits my mood exactly!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:19 pm

Q just called. Someone busted out the window of his truck. His laptop was stolen again. I'm afraid the insurance company won't believe us. This is like the 3rd time it's been stolen. The last time was in May!
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:22 pm

I think I just need a new computer. Did the reset and the network is still acting strange. :roll:

I know I haven't said anything but i been reading. Still praying for you Kiddo.

Oh and Shann-can :mrgreen: , I did start on another story. Sci-Fi. Kind of..... wierd. I will let you know if it is ever worth a proof read. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Return to “The Water Cooler”