To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:42 pm

Praying. 3 miles may not seem very close, but when you figure the over all size... it is way too close for comfort.

As for Rachel and her school rutine. I dread the coming of the school year. Then, I only get to see me sweeties once a month. :( Sometimes only ten minutes. :shock: Why, that's not even enough time to get a good "Hello" hug from each of them and they are gone for another month. :(

I know. I'm terrible. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:03 am

I'm carefully ensconced in my Purple Sky world and have no idea what's going on in MO., but I'll pray because God does.

I was wondering if Seems was back to the zoo yet. I know it starts earlier there than here. We don't start till the Wed after Labor Day.

Congratulations Rachel for ranking 13 in the right and left challenge! http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=48961

Allison also ranked up there. I think 21, Happy Dance to you both.
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=49016
Check them out! Now! Even I managed to get in with my last, last minute entry. :mrgreen:
I'm gonna be quite busy. I'm doing a rewrite for an author. She has had some problems with other editors so I pray I can please her.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:39 am

Allison, I'd really like to read that piece that you wrote if you don't mind sending it to me by pm.

Pup, sorry you won't be seeing the cuties very often. They sound so precious!

Shann, Thanks! Congratulations for placing 15th on your piece! I'd like to enter every week, but it doesn't always work out. :D

I got a call last night at 12:30 from the camp my girls are at. They told me that they were taking my 12 yo to the hospital because of an asthma attack! It was weird because she doesn't even have asthma. I rushed into the hospital and she was panicking and couldn't breathe. They got a mask on her with medication and steam and she was all right within a few minutes. I guess it was triggered by a cold and from smoke in the air from forest fires and a lot of exertion and then she panicked because she'd never experienced that before.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:33 am

Oh the poor thing, that must have been so scary. Did she go back to camp or home? I hope she went back. Although I'd understand if not.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Yeah, really. It definitely does not lend to the "Fond Summer Camp Memories." :(

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:52 pm

I guess i'm chopped liver in this place now.

*shrugs*

Oh well, I don't come around enough to matter anyway.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:35 pm

BECKY PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!!

The place has been quite quiet and even going days without anyone posting. I think we've all assumed that most folks have moved on to better things or maybe they don't care about us anymore. It can be difficult when it feels like things are one-sided. I'm sure we've all felt that way and we all have probably made others feel that way too. I've been sad that you don't come around very much, but if I don't know you are here it's hard to keep reaching out.
Shann

Shann's Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Shann wrote:BECKY PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!!

The place has been quite quiet and even going days without anyone posting. I think we've all assumed that most folks have moved on to better things or maybe they don't care about us anymore. It can be difficult when it feels like things are one-sided. I'm sure we've all felt that way and we all have probably made others feel that way too. I've been sad that you don't come around very much, but if I don't know you are here it's hard to keep reaching out.

I care...We've missed you, Becky! I keep you away, I know. (sulking)

Pup is cheating on us! Saw his tail in http://christianfaithbook.net/ - unless it's his twin pup. I guess, I'm cheating on us and so is Rich! :shock: Made some new friends.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:23 pm

It's good to find new friends, but nothing will ever replace FW for me.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:46 am

i've posted. i get ignored.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:35 am

Rebecky wrote:I guess i'm chopped liver in this place now.

*shrugs*

Don't you even start that STUFF there Kiddo. I don't see many of the "Old"er FW members often, and each time I do I remember having loads of fun, and THAT makes me feel a tiny bit younger and healthier, soooooo you have to keep coming back... it helps keep me healthy. :mrgreen:

I do miss seeing you though, and almost alway reply to you, but I know how life can sneak in there and ruin things, keeping you away from the more important things, like me. :lol: but even seeing you on once in a great while is heart warming.

Jay? What are you talking about. I couldn't see tail or lashes of me on that site. :?

JesusPuppy Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:52 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Rebecky wrote:I guess i'm chopped liver in this place now.

*shrugs*

Don't you even start that STUFF there Kiddo. I don't see many of the "Old"er FW members often, and each time I do I remember having loads of fun, and THAT makes me feel a tiny bit younger and healthier, soooooo you have to keep coming back... it helps keep me healthy. :mrgreen:

I do miss seeing you though, and almost alway reply to you, but I know how life can sneak in there and ruin things, keeping you away from the more important things, like me. :lol: but even seeing you on once in a great while is heart warming.

Jay? What are you talking about. I couldn't see tail or lashes of me on that site. :?

I was playing with you, Pup.

Rebecky wrote:i've posted. i get ignored.

I haven't seen anyone ignore your posts. Pup and Shann always respond to you.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am

Shann wrote:Oh the poor thing, that must have been so scary. Did she go back to camp or home? I hope she went back. Although I'd understand if not.

She did go back in the morning. :D It was a tough thing to go through. But she has tons of amazing memories of camp too!

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to sign up for the Christian Writer's Guild Craftsman course that starts in November. It's their toughest course and it sounds intense, but I feel like being pushed beyond my comfort zone. It would require a 4 day trip to Colorado for a residency, and I've never been that far from home before! It's a lot of money too. Not sure... I've taken their Writing Essentials course and I'm taking the Apprentice course now.

Hugs, Becky!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:00 am

*hugs pup*
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:39 am

Rebecky wrote:*hugs pup*

I did not ignore your post either Becky. I welcomed you with exclamation points. I love you dearly and if you go back and count the number of times you'll see how often I mention you.

In fact, I love you enough that I decided not to keep begging you to come back. I've been told I nag so I was trying to let up. As soon as you posted I commented as did Pup.

This is meant to be honest to help me grow and not let things bubble inside. I see that you were obviously looking for attention and I gave you some and explained why your name hasn't been mentioned recently.

I know you'll probably unfriendly me for saying this, but what you won't know is I'll cry when you do so.

It's easy to focus on the world around us. Today is the anniversary of my mom's death and I have always struggled during this time. Pup has a hard time in July and we did what little we could to comfort him. I said a few words and then spent the rest of time in prayer.
Believe it or not, I've been thinking and praying for you from July 27 on. I almost mentioned something here, but since you hadn't been in I didn't. I did pray.

Even during some of my difficult times I feel like my problems rank quite low. I know the end of July brings back painful memories for you. I do the most I can which is pray.

I would be delighted to see you post and write on a regular basis, but I feel you beat yourself up when I suggest it. I've practically begged you to consider illustrating for my next picture book.

I've sent you texts in the past, but it's hard when it feels like you don't care about me or others. Several people recently posted hard times either they or someone near to them are going through. Perhaps, even though Pup, Jay, Rachel, and myself all commented on your post, if you had come in like :

Hi guys, I haven't been on in a while, but I really miss you all so much. Rachel, I can totally relate to your daughter. The only thing worse than being sick, is being sick away from home.
Allison, I'm so sorry about what's going on. It must be so scary no matter how far away.

Jay, I hope your breathing stuff is better. Not being able to breathe is a horrible feeling.

Hey Pup is your back and legs still hurting? At least you have those cute little girl make you smile. Dogs always look great when smiling and wagging their tails.

Life has been really hard and busy. I'm spending a lot of time helping my grandparents and been feeling good down and I knew a dose of the rest stop would perk me up.

Still, since so many people have left, you still o ly would have gotten responses from Pup, Jay, Rachel, and me, but mine would have had a different tone to it. I did try to joke, but then I cried. I feel no matter what I do, it's never good enough. I usually have good intentions, but still... I desire be great needed and loved probably way too much. I'm trying on working on it but it's hard. Not only am I missing Mom, but I'm reading my Purple Sky story today in 2 churches. I've been throwing up since Friday, have a migraine, and look awful, but people are counting on me. I was supposed to do it last Sunday, but was bailed on. M and Andy and Lyd were all coming out to hear it, my in-laws were coming to church too and Chris was going to go to both services as well as my Lil ole lady from Florida1. It was going to be hard enough to read the day before her aneurysms ruptured, but I'd have had support. Now no one is coming except sweet faithful Chris who decided to only attend one not both services. It's hard and I'm scared, but I believe good things will happen.

II do love you Becky and I miss you, especially when you are keeping Pup in check. I don't know what else to say. Or if it would even matter. If anyone is interested in my state of mind this week. My Challenge entry is Where GRIEF Lives
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler