To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:19 pm

Oh Jay that must have been so scary for you. I'm glad you got to the hospital and hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for offering to help with the cookbook. Amy and I are working together on it, but I might need your help if I get too busy. I'm hoping things will slow down some. The cookbook is interesting because she also tells the history behind it. I'm doing the editing and Amy is doing the rest.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:00 am

Shann wrote:Where is Pup-a-roni? Don't tell me WE scared him off? :roll:

:roll: As if. :tongue

Jay.. rough going. Praying the chest clears up. As for the generator... good idea. Might check on solar as well. With the better ones now days even storms done slow the power much.

Another comical kid moment...... Still working on the bike training with my Slug. She is actually doing pretty good, for being so scared about it. I normally walk along behind her holding the bike up, ready to catch her if she falls. (She actually rode for nearly 50 feet the other day, though I never told her about it..)

::Mental picture time:: Me TRYING to go so I could wash clothes, little Slug begging me to stay. She did the sit in my lap saying she wasn't going to let me go, I picked her up and sat her on the ground beside my bike and grinned at her. Then she jumps up grabs me from the side, even gave me a kiss on the cheek, "Please please please Uncle Ed, don't go." I almost.. AMLOST fell for that one. I think it was the kiss, I am a sucker, I know it.

Then she tried getting little sister (who was watching carttons at that point) to help. Sweet little Monkey comes running out to say bye, and big sister whispers.. a little too loud... "Tell Uncle Ed to stay." To which she words it almost perfectly. I tell her I can't and that I am going. (Here is the funny) The OOOooh sooo sweel little monkey then replied. "OKay. Bye." then runs back inside.

Can't you just see the love in that little one? :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:54 pm

Funny story, Uncle Ed! Say, can you resend your song? It seems to have disappeared.

I think I feel a little better. I slept better last night. We kept trying different pillows for my head; I favor my right side so I got an owie. A U-shape pillow helped but it hurt my head. A flat memory foam seemed to work best.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:15 pm

Ahh Pup, they sound like such cuties. I'm so glad that the little one has you wrapped around her finger. I bet she could probably do the tour de France except she doesn't want you to know she is a true master cyclist. I'm thankful that they bring joy to your life and love the stories you share.

Jay, I'm continuing to pray for you. Pillows can be tricky no matter and then with you extra needs I'm sure it must be even harder. I was telling Amy about those grain pillows. I can't think of what they're called right now. They're expensive though, but I've thought of getting one.

M gave me a hammock because when I go to their house I end up sleeping for hours on theirs. This one is a little camping one. I got Chris to help me set it up last night so I could watch stars and moon. I only feel out once or maybe twice...I want to move it inside and use it in here. I might just do that and end up sleep next to Chris because he prefers the couch to my expensive bed. :?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:43 pm

I'm so glad that the little one has you wrapped around her finger.

The little one is no problem, it is the older sister I have to watch out for. Those eight year olds can be sneaky. :mrgreen:
Last edited by JesusPuppy on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:29 am

Oh and they get crafter as they age. :shock:

So this is freaking me out. I pick up my tablet and I see this bug, like a real bug, maybe the size of a flea and it's crawling up the screen. I go to swipe it off and it keeps crawling because it's not on the outside, but on the inside. I'm terrified to use my tablet because what if the bug takes over or is looking for a place to have babies or maybe is the first baby to be hatched, grown, or whatever bugs do to reproduce and I'm sitting here chilling, playing Word and trillions of bugs attack me?

There's another one, though I guess it could be the same one. Maybe this is really how computer viruses start with actual bugs. They cause the bubonic plague. Maybe they are going to steal my identity so bugs can take over the world.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:41 am

Oooo Shann . Take it to a computer place and tell them it has bugs you need to get rid of... then show them the bug. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:46 pm

My husband doesn't believe me. (I was freaked out and rambling about my paranoia) so I can't wait to show him the bug. Just as long as thousands of them don't start crawling out of my tablet. It will get chucked across the room. I also have a bug bite or two on my arm that weren't there before so I feel things crawling all over me.
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:22 pm

The first computer bug was a moth, actually. It got into the ENIAC computer and caused a malfunction. I understand it's now in a museum, along with ENIAC.

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Hmm does that mean my smoothed bug isn't museum worthy? Where do you get all these interesting tidbits Deejay? You always seem to have cute but obscure facts. My brain can barely retain my name and DOB, let alone different types of trivia. You should go on Jeopardy. I'd root for you. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:46 pm

I get that alot. :lol: :mrgreen:

My sources are varied, but mainly by reading. As a kid I would read Ripley's Believe It Or Not books my dad went out and bought; we also once had a book whose title was along the lines of the world's oddest and amazing animals. I was thinking of one of the stories in that book recently, and decided to look it up. I remembered it involved a 3 year old girl in Europe who was playing in her backyard when an eagle swooped down and carried her away to its mountain nest. But the bird dropped her on a ledge just short of the nest, where she was later rescued. Found a link--it was in Norway, the girl's name was Svanhild Aminda Hansen--later Hartvigsen--and the event occurred on Jun. 5, 1932. Here's the link: http://blogs.forteana.org/node/154 ; the article was written by Bob Rickard, look for the headline Eagle and Baby 1. Svanhild remembered the event her whole life, and died at age 81 on Nov. 12, 2010.
But I had a lot of great books to read when I was a kid. I wish I still had them. :(

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:02 am

Speaking of bananas... do you guys know how to peel them the right way? Yup... backwards. That's how monkies peel them.

oh, why do they call it a flea market anyway? I mean who in their right mind would want to go to a market to buy fleas?!
Dum Spiro Spero

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:56 am

Great tidbits, Deejay. I love random trivia. :mrgreen:

We're on the last leg of our journey to WA and back. Stayed the night here in Sacramento, and I have to work tonight, so Ryan will be doing the rest of the driving home. I'll try to nap during the boring parts of California. :lol:

My niece and nephew were absolutely adorable, and I got to see them four times during the trip. We also took a brief trip to Spokane to pick up items from storage. A LOT of driving...I'm pretty tired from seeing the inside of our car. :roll: Good times, though. We have a new painting we commissioned of the Doctor Who Van Gogh "exploding Tardis" which our painter friend did her own twist for a unique flair. Excited to hang that in our living room. Also, we found my roller skates in the storage unit, as well as all my scrubs and a bag and a half of other clothes which I now fit into. :D Ryan found the pictures he wanted, and I got my other crock pot and George Foreman grill. So it was quite the successful shopping trip. :lol:

Lots of sad news around the world. Hope things are well with all of you.

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:31 pm

Sounds like a great trip, Leah, but it always good to get home too. :D

Rebecky, I agree! After peeling a box of bananas, I realized that it's much easier to peel them from the bottom. Go figure!

I'm looking forward to getting back into homeschooling. I love summer too, but I think the school routine is good for everyone.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Allison

Postby Allison » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Everything going on in Ferguson, MO is right by where I work. One of my offices is three miles from the QT that was set on fire. While I personally don't feel in danger, there is just a feeling of unrest. It's crazy.

I wrote something the other night about it, just to give a bit of perspective that the news media is not going to give you, that may give insight into why things are so bad.

It was written, in part, as a response to a Christian blogger who was/is apparently blaming the whole thing on the "black community" destroying the "black community." I refused to read the actual blog, as I figured it wouldn't be good for my health. :lol: On another forum I'm a member of, we were all pretty much in agreement that this blogger wasn't quite right. I'm not naming the name of the blogger, and if you know who I'm talking about and like him, I apologize. :) I was going to post what I wrote here, but seeing as this is a public forum, I'd rather not post it here. Not that it's all that controversial, I'd just rather that someone not find this somehow and bring me into this whole thing. If you'd like to read things from the perspective of someone who lives here, I'd be happy to send it to you via e-mail or private message. And if you really, really want me to post it here, I will.

If nothing else, please be in prayer for the entire St. Louis area.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler