To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

RachelM
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby RachelM » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:45 pm

Yay, Shann!! Congratulations on placing 3rd! That's awesome! :superhappy Happy dance right back at 'ya. ;)

I've been a little lazy lately. Maybe it's a good thing. We're not doing much homeschooling over the summer and I've been doing some reading as well as trying to learn to play guitar and keeping up my running.

Leah, I'm glad that things are looking up. I'm keeping you in prayer. Let us know when you get some news on the new job.

Allison, How did things go this morning? I'm praying for tonight's and tomorrow's performance.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Allison

Postby Allison » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Well, even though they sped thought the songs at the end like a speeding bullet this morning, these kids were rock stars this morning. In the second song, there was some weird technical glitch were the opening sequence underscore was playing over/with the actual song. But man, they stuck with it, watched the director (I assume, as I was back stage) and made it through without having to restart the song.

This evening went MUCH better, with no major glitches.

Two down, one to go!
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Are you recording again this year???? :wink:

Oh.. and Shann..? Good job.

Had a good day yesturday, even with the pain, or because of it, I went for a bike ride. It was sunny and nice out, a little wind, but nice anyway. Then met up with my (friend's) kids at the park. Got a whole 80 feet of Slug riding her bike before she gave up for the swings. :roll:

It was fun though. I love those girls to peices. Little Monkey kept wanting switched from one swing to the other ( a matter of a few feet apart) and shouted for me to do so each time, even though Mom was standing right there. :lol: And I sware Slug was trying to kill me on that jungle-gym. :roll: :lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:15 pm

So glad those little one bring you such joy. I'm in a blah mood. I should be editing but just would prefer to be a slug
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:56 pm

Well, the musical is over for another year. The kids did an AWESOME job with it, and tonight's was probably the best one yet. I'm so proud of those kids!
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:31 am

Pup, I'm sure that you are such a blessing to that mom and her kids! I'm so thankful for the adults who take the time to interact with my children and set a godly example.

Allison, I'm so glad that the performances went so well! Now you can take some well-deserved rest. :D

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:36 am

Good example...? Those two walk all over me. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:07 pm

Have a rose, drawn by yours truly.

Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:49 pm

I love the rose. It's quite pretty Becky. I wish I could draw.

Glad things went well with the musical Allison.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:56 pm

The rose is lovely!

We're about 1 month away from getting our solar panels hooked up. Yay, free power! :)
(But it's definitely not free to buy the panels, batteries, inverter, etc!) :shock:

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:31 pm

Cool rose. I drew one once-upon-a-time, I will have to look for it.

Good move on the solar Rachel, and yeah they can be spendy.

Enjoying me night off, watching videos. I am thinking silly animation. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:34 am

Congratulations Rachel on your EC! :superhappy

Leah Happy Birthday! :party :party :party :party :birthday :party :party :party :party
Shann

Shann's Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:02 pm

Thanks, Shann, and congrats to Rachel!!! :superhappy

No news is good news? I'm trying to remain positive. I may remain trapped in my job for awhile, if the drama escalates, so being negative about it doesn't help, for sure. On a better note, even though I dread going, once I'm there, I love my patients and I love helping them, so it's not a chore. It's just the getting-up-and-going to work, the finishing up charting at the end of the night, and the chronic exhaustion and insomnia when not at work which is getting me down. Am thankful that I love what I do, or else this would be an unending trial. :roll:

Next week we're driving up and going to see the kiddos, so I'm pumped about that. :wink: My brother Facetimed with me last week, which was short but fun. I'm glad we got a chance, because Kylie will warm up better to me if she has a chance to see my face a few times beforehand. I CAN'T WAIT to see her in the birthday present I bought for her - matching raincoat, boots, and umbrella - because they keep forgetting to take a pic for me. :lol: I'm making sure our camera is empty and fully charged. :mrgreen:

We saw Shakespeare in the Park for my birthday party last night and two of my besties came to hang out. So my heart is full. :) Ericka got me some ear cuffs, of which I had been admiring when we were browsing Claire's at the mall a month or so ago. It's a little more of a bold accessory for conservative little me, so I was tentative to get them, so she did it for me. Typical move for that one. :wink: She likes to push me further than I'd go myself. :lol:

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Sounds like a wonderful day and a nice weekend plan. I so get the feelings about your job. I used to love charting and making nursing care plans. Of course that was before computers, but I could have my paperwork done within minutes of the birth. Others would be on overtime because they waited to take notes. I also would get it all ready and just leave blanks to fill in. Emergency c-section were the hardest because often I would be the only Reason so I had to insert IV, catheter, draw blood, prep for surgery and keep mom and dad calm. I miss it. It was one of the few things I knew I was good at, that and being a mommy. While I'm not a nurse anymore and the kids don't need a mommy. Although I'm still Mom, just not needed unless they need money, get in an accident, or call customer service for something.
Shann

Shann's Profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:36 pm

Thanks ladies :D

Happy belated birthday, Leah!!! Sounds like it was a good one!

The kids finished up their swimming lessons yesterday. There is no pool in town so I had to drive 100k (one-way) so the could take lessons for 8 weeks. They loved it and it was good because it pushed me to drive beyond my comfort zone.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler