To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Ooooooo Rachel is a fear junky. Hey we should take in tornado season next Spring. Now THAT is excitement. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:54 pm

wheelygirl58 wrote:All of this is so wonderful, and very needed!! Thanks :thankssign
BTW. completely off topic, but the site doesn't seem to recognize my username, nor my password, when I'm using my laptop, only on my tablet--why? If necessary, move this, to move appropriate spot. Just tell where!

Hi wheelygirl! I have 4 wheels :D

Cute firefly story, Shann! How punny Bea Del :lol:

Yes, Washington state is burning away with several fires going on. Smoke is on the air.
We went to church, which I hadn’t for 3 weeks due to my ear. Also, I didn’t want people to see my silly bandage net holder. Then I just decided to wear a hat to cover most of it and go. A nice service. My ear is slowly healing and it should be a month, I hope before it’s healed.

I hope to record the song based on my friend's poem. I emailed a friend if she could sing it if I sent her the piano track. She said yes, but said to bring it down 1 key, which is easily done. I’m to ask our church’s music director if he can record the piano part like he did with my sis’s wedding song.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:17 am

I'm sure there is nothing like seeing a tornado! I think that nature at its wildest is truly awe inspiring. Just a glimpse of God's amazing power!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:10 am

So glad you are healing Jay, even if it's taking longer than you might like. I'm also glad you went even though you didn't want people to see. You must know that you're so beautiful in your soul, that aft0er knowing you, I bet no one even notices things like that. Although I'll be the first to admit that I tend to hide because I'm so afraid of embarrassing my family with my looks. Ah lifestyle e is funny. I never really thought I was anything but plain. Now though, my body has changed so much I look at those pictures of my 20s and even early 30s and can see what a beautiful person I was. Now I can't even look in the mirror and wish I could have realized I didn't look ugly back then. Life is funny like that.

That's so awesome about your song. I'm super happy for you. I've been so busy lately, but haven't forgotten your poems Pup. Maybe you should collaborate with Jay and set some to music. You have some powerful pieces that would make beautiful songs.

I'll stick to my ice storms thank you. There have been some freaky storms here that have been possible tornados. Too scary for me even if I joke that a stiff wind would blow down the house and I could start over. Between some members (I won't say who) being packrats and me not being able to clean like I wish I could, a do over is my best bet. We are holding parts together with duct tape. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:01 pm

You guys have been chatty!

I'll write more later tonight but I wanted to throw in a huge prayer request. I'm still waiting to hear back from the job after the interview - it's been a week and a half, which was the time she told me within which I would hear from her. Plus stuff has been going on at work which is making me very anxious to get this job. I can't go into too many details, but we are petitioning the Lord to make the way for a "normal" schedule. I'm very tired.

So if you see this and you could pray for me, please do.

:thankssign

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:17 pm

I'm praying for this situation, Leah. I really hope you get this job!

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Dear Jesus, Bless Leah with patience as she wants to hear about this job. If it's the right fit for her, I pray that she will receive good news soon. If you have bigger plans for her, allow her to see them too. Thank you for putting Leah in a position that she excels and for allowing her to bless her patients. Thank you for new opportunities. We leave it in your hands as we know you know best. Amen
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:31 pm

I'm praying you get the job, Leah!

Glad everyone is talkative and that we have a couple new people popping in. I'm still pretty sick and not able to do much. But I started a new treatment this weekend, so who knows, maybe it'll help. My boyfriend is so sick he can hardly even talk. :-( Scary to see him so bad. But I was able to talk to his doctor on the phone on Friday and we got some treatments set up for him to try. Wish I could be there with him (we have a long distance relationship) but he's so sick he wouldn't be able to handle me being at his place much anyway.

Did I tell you guys that Shann and I are helping a lady get her cookbook published? It's a book of recipes passed down through her family. It's a cool story how she found me. She got it put together and wasn't sure what to do next. So she prayed about it and went to bed. That night she dreamed she was cooking with her mom and suddenly a brown bird flew in the kitchen and startled them.

The next morning she was looking at self publishing forums and found a couple posts from me from years ago, giving advice about self publishing. She contacted me and when I emailed back and she saw my email address is sparrow's flight, she got chills.

Anyway, I'm helping her get a proposal together to send to traditional publishers and Shann is editing the cookbook. I'm moving really slowly on it, though, since I haven't been doing well.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:25 am

That's so cool, Amy! It's awesome how God connects people. Hope you and Andy feel better soon.

Well, no word yet, and they said it would be another week or two before they have an answer. Meanwhile, I had something happen at work which resulted in me feeling as if it is a very hostile, unsupportive environment, as far as management is concerned. I'm really tired, and the stress is climbing. I was really hoping to hear that the job was a go, because the hours will definitely be a better fit, as well as doing something I think I would enjoy. I love labor & delivery, but if my body just can't handle the lack of sleep anymore, I would like to do something positive in which I could make a difference. And maybe be free on my days off to do stuff other than sleep. :wink:

Thanks for your prayers - I'm sure I could feel them working, because I slept well right after I posted the request. Please continue whenever you think of me, even if it's a 5-second prayer that basically asks for God's will to be done. I know He has carried me through worse situations, so I know He'll carry me through this.

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Amy, I'm so sorry to hear that you and Andy are this ill. I'm praying that these new treatments will make a noticeable difference.

It's good to hear from you. That's so neat about the woman contacting about the cookbook and how she found you!

Leah, that must be hard to have to continue waiting to hear about the new position. I'm continuing to pray that God would give you strength and rest and that He would open the doors for you to go through where you can be a blessing and be in a healthy work environment too.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:49 pm

Am I the only one that thinks it funny... A little bird told her about a Little Bird. :lol:

The Lord is so comical at times. I mean you can see HIS hand in it, it is sooo obvious. But a little bird and a Little Bird. Hee hee hee.

It breaks my heart to see how bad you and Andy are feeling. Both so deserving of companionship, and yet both too sick to enjoy each others company. Praying for the lot of you.

You too Leah. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Allison

Postby Allison » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Praying for you and Andy, Amy!

I posted this in the "prayer request" board, but thought I'd post it here, too.

Well, it's about time for my annual prayer request. :) Every summer I help with the community children's musical at my church. We have 52 kids involved this year! Each year with have at least one "glitch." This year, one of our main members of the tech/lighting/sound crew was stranded in Newark and Chicago, after a church sponsored missions trip he was on.

The team was supposed to return Monday night, July 14th. Monday, their flight from Newark, New Jersey to St. Louis was cancelled. The next plan was to fly Newark to Chicago to St. Louis on Tuesday the 15th. Their flight out of Newark was delayed, and they missed their connecting flight in Chicago. The next plan was to separate and take three different flights from Chicago to St. Louis, supposed to arrive between 6 PM to 11 PM Wednesday the 16th. The first flight was cancelled, second delayed. They finally decided not to wait around any more, and rented 3 vans to drive 5 to 6 hours from Chicago to St. Louis. They finally arrived about 1:30 AM Thursday the 17th. Our tech guy was one of the van drivers, so while he was at practice that Thursday, he was in no condition to actually figure out the tech stuff, as this was his first time seeing it. So we had to add an extra practice at the last minute.

They perform Friday (tomorrow) morning for "Summer Fun Days" (my church's version of VBS -- a different day each week for five weeks), Friday evening, and Saturday afternoon.

Please pray that everything would come together in time. I know it will work out, but we would appreciate any and all prayers! Especially pray for the hearts of the kids, that they would remember the truths in the musical, and for those who come to see it who are not Christians.

I'd also love prayers for the health and safety of all involved, but especially for the main actors/actresses. We like to live on the edge and do this without understudies.

So I will not be around much, if at all, starting tonight until Saturday or Sunday. I DO lurk around here even if I don't post. :)

(Sorry. That was long. And you probably didn't need all the background about the tech crew guy and flight delays. But oh well. ;) )
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Congratulations to Rachel for ranking 24 overall and to Allison for coming in 25 overall! Happy Dance! :superhappy :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:33 am

Shann wrote:Congratulations to Rachel for ranking 24 overall and to Allison for coming in 25 overall! Happy Dance! :superhappy :welcome

Shann, you sly thing...what about your THIRD PLACE EC?!?!?

Congratulations! :mrgreen:

Still waiting, but at least the situation at work is resolving. I had a good conversation with my new manager and she's not as negative as I initially thought. She really wants to work with me to find some solutions for some ongoing problems. I'm not as down as I was on Monday, that's for sure. And as far as the job...I talked to the recruiter and I may be finding out sooner than expected if the job is a go. Praying that everything will work out.

Hope you all are doing well.

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Thanks Leah, I'm not one to pat myself on the back. I've gotten too fat from white chocolate PB cups and can't reach my back anymore. :cry:

I'm glad things are going better at work. You never know what God might be planning. He still amazes me constantly.
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler