To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby deejay » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Last Tuesday, two of our new roomies, Hilary and Heidi, suddenly packed up their things, gave their key back to C.J. and Diane, and said, "We're leaving." They went back next door to Isaiah House. C.J. commented she never dreamed anyone would think we were harder to live with than over there! Anyway, we have another lady named Shirley who will be moving in--with her own small dog--on August 1st. Praise God He answered our need for a new roomie so fast! Hopefully that will be the end of the weirdness that seems to have hit us so far this year.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:47 am

Oh come now DJ, there is still plenty of time left for more weirdness. The Year is still young. :mrgreen:

jaybird wrote:Pup, I forget, did you get an email from me with my song attached?

Hmmmm.. not sure. I haven't checked my Email in about a month. There are always just too many junk mail listings to go through. :roll: I will check and see though.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:10 am

Oooo I had e-mails. Two of them even. Okay so that was out of 95, but still, Mail!! :superhappy

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:18 pm

I sent you an email, it was offering you a million dollars but you had to reply immediately. :lol: I know not too funny, but it was the only thing I could think of that would be appropriate for the site.

So Lyd made her decision. I do believe I'll be seeing her sooner than expected. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

wheelygirl58
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby wheelygirl58 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:08 am

All of this is so wonderful, and very needed!! Thanks :thankssign
BTW. completely off topic, but the site doesn't seem to recognize my username, nor my password, when I'm using my laptop, only on my tablet--why? If necessary, move this, to move appropriate spot. Just tell where!

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:56 am

Hi Wheelygirl. Welcome to the rest Stop. I wrote a long welcome note where I explained that we are a bit wacky here, but we love, support, joke, and pray for each other, but then I went looking for an email and it disappeared which would explain why I had written the long paragraph about me fighting with the computer. Of course because it disappeared you have no idea what I'm talking about. Sigh. I am a oddball because I'm from Western New York, but they love me anyhow or so they say... Do you live on the West Coast? We also love to welcome new people. So I'm glad you found us.

As for your question, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. There are two sections of the site and sometimes the main section where we submit our writing, people tend to use real names because it is linked to their stories. The forums, people tend to use nicknames so it's possible you are using a different username. If that doesn't help, you may want to contact Mike and Bea, the owners of the site. You can do that here: http://www.faithwriters.com/corp-contact.php

I hope that helps and you come back and tell us more about yourself. I saw in your introduction in the Newbie Nook that you are in a wheelchair, hence, your username. I know some of us in here have health problems. Jay is also on wheels. I have this weird shingles-like illness where the virus that causes chickenpox and shingles has gone nuts in my body. In 25 years, I've never gone more than 3 months between outbreaks and have had them from the lining of my brain to my feet and all in between. It causes a lot of pain and I often have to go in the hospital to get It MEDS to keep it under control.

Anyway, don't be afraid to ask questions, that's what we are here for and I hope you pop in again and tell us more about yourself (that way we can lovingly tease you.) :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:01 am

Hi wheelygirl. Welcome to the rest Stop. The residents of this thread are at times a bit whacky, but we love, support, joke, and pray with each other. We love to welcome new people too. I'm glad you found us. Do you live in the North West? I'm an oddball because I live in Western New York. They love me anyhow though, or so they say... Sometimes. :mrgreen:

I'm not a big computer person. I tend to fight with them. If it weren't for the fact that I married a computer geek, I'd be in trouble because I'd take the computer and throw it out the window... since I don't know a glass repairman, my hubby helps. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. I'm wondering if there is something minor that is different between the two. It's also possible that you might have mixed up the two logins. There is the main site that manages the writing submissions. People tend to use their real names there because it gets attached to our work, while on the forums we have nicknames or usernames so it might be that you are mixing the two up.

If that doesn't fix it, you might want to email the owners, Mike and Bea, and see if they can help you. I should have that email memorized, but I'm lucky I have the spelling of my last name memorized (though in all fairness it is like 23 letters long, not including the hyphen. Crazy me, when I married Chris, who is Dutch, I thought I might as well hyphenate my name. Hall (my maiden name is only 4 letters, and my mom had just died and I wanted to keep that connection to her. My sister said it was stupid because Hall was her married name. I told her it was the only name I ever knew her by. I know I digress, sorry.) and my FIL is from the Netherlands and LochmannVanBennekom is not a super weird name in The Netherlands.
Ha I found my original post. Told ya I was an oddball :oops:
Shann

Shann's Profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Hey guys! You sure have been chatty! As I was catching up on what you've been talking about, I realized that I've never, ever seen a firefly. So sad. :(

I think I'll enter the challenge, but I don't know what I'll write about yet. Something will come to me.

It's been very hot here lately and there are some forest fires in the vicinity that they haven't been able to contain. We had ash over everything a couple of days ago.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:56 pm

Well all you west coasters will have to come visit me between mid-June to July when the fireflies are at there biggest and brightest. I love them and will often go out in the middle of the night and watch the twinkling of the stars and the flashing of the lightning bugs. If I go up the hill, there is an open field where it is better than watching fireworks. Those little buggers (or should I call them beetlers since they are technically in the beetle family) are huge this year! I seriously saw them out the window and thought it was like a plane or something. Of course my vision keeps getting worse and is quite blurry, but they are big. When my sandals scoops them out of the grass, I get gobs of bug guts all over my feet. Hmm who remembers the child song: Great green gobs of...(Ah, man I can't remember the words) greasy grimy gopher guts (it came back to me and I didn't even have to google it.) Mutilated monkey's meat, little dirty birdies...(something) feet! and me without my spoon!

If you would like to read about fireflies and promise not to point out all the stuff I messed up in it (it makes me cringe, but oh I've learned lots in two years) you can check out one of my ECs
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=43405
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:07 pm

wheelygirl58 wrote:All of this is so wonderful, and very needed!! Thanks :thankssign
BTW. completely off topic, but the site doesn't seem to recognize my username, nor my password, when I'm using my laptop, only on my tablet--why? If necessary, move this, to move appropriate spot. Just tell where!

Check your settings for the site. You might have hit the "This computer only" botton. If so it reads the IP address for the tablet and blocks any other... even with the right user name and password. You can check with the Support@faithwriters.com , good folks there, they can check into it better for you.

Oh, and welcome to the site and Boards... my personal cyber home. :mrgreen:

Rachel you guys be careful up there. I been hearing some bad stuff on those fires. PLEASE keep us informed. Will be praying for you.

I just noticed something.. well... funny. You all were say how it was getting rather chatty, and mine is the first post in three days. :lol:

Kiddo... how you holding up?

JesusPuppy Profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:14 pm

We woke up to terrible smoke yesterday morning, but we got a bit of rain too and today is cooler. I'm hoping that they will be able to get the upper hand now. There are 120 firefighters, 40 heavy machines and aircraft working on the fire closest to us, but it's still 0% contained since it keeps jumping the fire breaks. We're not in any danger, but we know people fighting the fire.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:16 pm

It must be scary nonetheless. I can't imagine that living in the East where it's always damp.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:33 pm

Oh yeah.. the great North-West, rain most of the year and threat of forest fires every summer. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:39 am

I'm in northern B.C. and we have snow for 5 months of the year--no joke! The snow comes--to stay--in mid November and leaves early April. Then we have mud season, mosquito season, blackfly season, fall, and then back to winter. I'm not complaining, though. For some reason I love this place. Maybe it's the people.

I didn't grow up here. (I was born and raised on Vancouver Island and surrounding islands where it rains all winter.) But I feel like I fit in with these people. I love the intensity of the seasons too. Come to think of it, I love the danger. You could freeze to death in these winters. The lightening storms are awesome too. Yeah, I like the excitement. ;)

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am

That stuff all scares me. Our biggest threat is ice storms. That I can handle.
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler