To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:00 pm

JJay, I'm so glad things worked out with the cyst. I'd been praying and was worried how much pain you might have. Awesome news about the song too!

I'm editing a long MS but just don't have energy. As you can tell by my short ramble. :mrgreen:

Keep in both Becky and DE Jay in prayers.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:25 am

Hi! I missed you guys! I just read through all the posts. Sounds like there are a lot of trials going on in people's lives right now.

My husband and I went on a vacation to San Francisco in the beginning of June. We had a great time. We should do that more than once every 14 years. ;)

My mom was here for a visit and left on Monday. I am so thankful that it went well. It has been stressful in the past, but all went really well this time.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Ph cool Rachel. I love that area. My sister lived in San Jose for a bit so she took me out and I went one other time. Lyd is working at a camp at UCLA for international students. She was quite homesick yesterday but hopefully she will settle in soon, but I miss her.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:14 pm

Glad to see you back Rachel, was the trip with the whole crew or just you and hubby?
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:22 pm

It was just my husband and me that went on the trip. It was the very first time that we've been away overnight together since we had children--14 years ago! I was pretty nervous about leaving 6 kids with a friend, but everything went awesome!

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Some people from my church and I went to a Matt Redman concert at Mariner's Church last night. It was a great show. In order to make sure I was finished working before I was picked up, on Thursday I did my usual Thursday work tasks, then got a jump on Friday's--cleaning the east patio, two outside bathrooms, and the nursery. So yesterday, all I had to do was the three classrooms, fireside room, kitchen, cafe' and hall/foyer. Finished in plenty of time. Did some Bible reading, and since I knew we weren't going to be doing anything for dinner, I brought a can of tomato soup with me for dinner. Made that with some milk borrowed from the cafe', made a glass of iced tea--used a teabag; later I discovered a canister of instant iced tea mix in a cupboard! :lol: Best of all, since tomato soup often gives me an upset stomach, especially when I eat the whole can myself, my tummy didn't hurt one bit! PTL!
For some reason that morning, my roommate C.J. texted me right after I turned my phone on for the day--"Thanks a lot!" What the hey? I puzzled over what she was upset about. It was her birthday, I'd noticed she'd slept in, so I was a quiet as possible. The only thing I could think of was that I'd put a couple of frozen pizzas in the freezer on top of the fridge, because the upright freezer they'd been in is getting defrosted today. Well, I guess I'll have to wait until I get home tonight, hopefully I won't get my head ripped off. I declare she's getting worse and worse. If she already knows she's hard to live with, why doesn't she remedy the situation?

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:18 am

Now you have me wondering what you did.... :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:36 am

In all honesty, I am not one for beating kids, or even spankings, (except when they REALLY deserve it) Ok so I am a softy, but anyway....

I am sure I have mentioned it before but for those new to my insane world, the guy I work with has two daughters, one... the eight year old.. I have affectionately named Slug. :mrgreen: Some how I was talked into teaching said child to ride her bike. We (mom and two daughters, dad was busy with other work) went to the park the other day to work with her new bike. We did the pushing her once around the parking lot, so she could get used to balancing, then she jumped off and ran to a swing. (that was the end of her bike lesson for the day :roll: ) Her little sister, about to turn four, whom I have lovingly named Monkey... decided she wanted swings too.

(Mental picture) "Uncle" Ed at the park pushing two little girls on the swings. That's when MOM leaves for a bathroom room break. Seconds after mom is gone, both girls want to run and jump and climb on the junglegym they have at the park. Driving me into the ground while they are at it. ( I really don't think I was made for coraling a 3 year old while trying to catch an eight year old on a slide.)

After she gets back, MOM figured the kids could use a snack. We go back to the van, I sit in my nifty three wheeled lawnchair :mrgreen: , and the Slug , loving little angle she is, climbs in my lap to eat her sandwich. To which I tell her, "You're gonna get crumbs all over me."

And her reply....(another mental picture) Dark haired little angel sitting in my lap eating a Peanut-butter sandwich that is falling apart as she ate, slowly tilts her head back with a big grin and says, "That's okay, Uncle Ed, 'cause you love me." :roll:

Kids... sometimes they can be such stinkers, I don't even think BarBQ sause would help.

:heehee

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:48 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Now you have me wondering what you did.... :roll:

What it turned out to be was C.J. and Diane had gotten a thank you card for Danielle, my pastor's wife, for trimming puppy Brandon's nails and the fur near his eyes. We all signed it, and C.J. thought I was going to give it to her when I went to work on Thursday. But I knew--and forgot to tell C.J.-- that pastor and Danielle would be in the mountains with the senior high/junior high kids for camp, and of course I couldn't give it to her then. I did give it to her Sunday, though. C.J. has been sick with a bad sore throat, and when she's sick, she's beyond ornery. So of course she took it too personally when I left the card at home on Thursday and Friday. :roll:

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:23 am

I could have swore I had a post yesterday, then too as upset as I was I prolly hit the wrong button again. Well... today is much better as I was NOT working last night. I am with Leah on the job front, I definately need a new one.

It is not the work or hours or the co-worker (I have gotten use to him coming in late and working slow), it is more the way things are being ran lately. The worst is trash.. The new manager wants to keep the back door locked passed 5PM, the trash is not taken out until closing duties around 7:00. As the door can't be opened the trash just sits in the back in carts until the next morning... in my way while trying to get my own work done. When it wastes 15 minute moving day shifts trash before I can even get to my product let alone get it out of the back room... Then, after it dripped on the floor all night, I got in trouble because the floor in the back was not clean. :roll:

If my finances were better, I would have just quit at that moment. Times like that I wish I had a rich uncle..... :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:29 am

I feel ya, JP. I'm counting down the days until I can get an interview and convince somewhere else that they want me. I've had more than my fair share of "scoldings" over really stupid stuff in the last few weeks, when we've been bursting at the seams just trying to have enough nurses for our patients. I went in extra last night just to calm things down. Good money (counts for holiday pay), but I'm not sure my body will be able to maintain this stress level for long.

I was re-reading some of my old Challenge pieces and I think I want to spruce them up and make a collection - to expand them into longer stories and make them stand alone. So far the FW books being published aren't the ones I'm in. :wink: But there are a lot of my pieces that didn't place, and those are some of my favorites.

Well, I'm off to get to sleep before we find someplace to watch fireworks tonight. Hope everyone has a nice holiday.

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:55 pm

Happy 4th everyone. I'm having a hard time missing Mom this year. She always had huge parties at the lake. Your story about the kids made my day Pup, except I think they should call you Uncle Pup :D Sorry the job is going hard for both of you. I've had problems too except I a freelance so when I complain to my boss... :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:30 pm

violin4jesus wrote:I was re-reading some of my old Challenge pieces and I think I want to spruce them up and make a collection - to expand them into longer stories and make them stand alone. So far the FW books being published aren't the ones I'm in. :wink: But there are a lot of my pieces that didn't place, and those are some of my favorites.

I say go for it. I have done the same on some of my better ones, although... some have been delete. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:05 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Way cool Jay. Have to send it out to each of us, if you don't want to put it online quite yet...Would love to hear it. I have written a few songs, but can never seem to find someone to do the music. Sang most of them at church, and though I can't sing worth a hoot, I know the tune goes well with them, BUT.......

SHANN!!! That was way too short of a post for you to call rambling. :lol: :tongue

DJ.. added to the prayer group here. Sad. Drugs of any kind are bad and can destroy a person body, mind, and soul. As for the voices... I still haven't found a way to get rid of mind, but will keep him in prayer. But you can tell him for me... the tin-foil hat does NOT work. :roll:

Pup--anyone who would like to hear my song pm me your email.
Pup, if you're interested I could attempt to write music to 1 of your song.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:31 am

Sorry to hear about the work situation, Leah and Pup.

I'm planning to get back into working outside the home a bit as a doula. My youngest is 2 now and my oldest daughters are great babysitters, so it should totally work for me to take on some clients now. I still have a couple of births to attend before I get my certification, so I'll be working for free for a while yet.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler