To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Allison » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:30 pm

I was feeling better by Monday, thank goodness. Stayed home from work on Monday, but I was fine by Tuesday.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:13 pm

Congratulations on Leah and Toni's accomplishments!
I'll try Writer's Integrity Pub. before I think about lit agents, but I may go to smashwords.
Oh Shann I bought 2 of your books. :thumbs
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:15 pm

Glad you're feeling better, Allison!

Thanks jaybird! If my agent isn't able to sell the book for whatever reason I totally plan on going the self-publishing route.

And thanks for the song, Shann! It totally made my day. :superhappy
Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.

--Psalm 144:1

http://www.tonihammer.com

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:59 pm

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better Shortstuff, maybe mine will go away soon. My throat is killling me, even slightly losing my voice.

Anyway, found me a summer time riding partner. She was complaining that she needed excersize... saw my bike... ten minute after riding she was wanting to buy it. We only go out and around town, to the park and stuff, but it is someone to ride with. Cant get her to race though. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:16 am

:eyes Helloooooo. Is anybody there.

Done chased them off again.

:sorry

JesusPuppy Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:57 am

I'm here, Pup. Tired - so tired. Yes, they have day shift openings available now but hardly anyone from nights is biting. We'd rather work somewhere else than day shift on our unit. Politics, mostly. And I wouldn't be able to stand working with at least two of our doctors. Ethically it's a daily battle, trying to care for my patients and educate them without undermining their faith in their doctor. Watching those doctors outright lie and/or withhold information to force their patients to do it the doctor's way irks me so much I can't stand it. If I can get a day or evening shift position, I'd rather work 9-5 or 11-11 or 3-11, as I sleep better from 12-2am to 7-9am. Day shift on our unit starts at 7am, which means I need to wake at 5:45am. BRUTAL for this natural night owl. I applied for a case management position and two evening shift operating room positions. I don't expect to get the first job I apply for, but it's a good step to start looking. I see the sleep doctor in 2 weeks and that appointment may speed up the intensity of my job search, if he thinks I should get off nights for my health's sake.

Other than that I'm not doing much else but trying to keep up with housework/cooking and sleeping wherever I can. I got to hang out with my best friend on Wednesday; we hung out in a garden, then went to the mall where we mostly browsed and talked and caught up. She lives about 45 minutes away now in good traffic, so it's a treat to see her when I can.

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:17 pm

If you want to hear some good news, check out my post in Praise Reports. :wink:

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:52 pm

:( :cry:
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:39 am

Shann did you delete my post from yesterday??? Could have swared it was there, I even read it afterwords. Hummmmm.

Lets see. first I thanked Leah for stopping by and agreed with her on the politics of day time. And then said, aww Kiddo is still not feeling good.

Or was that the other way around? :roll:

Anyhow.. Bad problem of late with the landlord. Another tenant (?) locked themself out and had to kick their door in... hardly any damage at all, a couple screws in the latch plate.. Now he is all bent out of shape about ME not taking care of the places while he is gone. I was at work, what did he think, I was just hanging around day and night waiting for something to happen? I didn't find out until the next morning, and it only took a few seconds to fix it. So... What's he mad about.

Worst that could happen at this point, he could get mad and kick me out. I don't think he can actually do that as I didn't do anything.. well I did fix his door. And I have always paid my rent on time. No parties or loud music.

What I can't figure out is WHY he is upset. :roll:

Just thinking about maybe stop doing the remodles for him. it is not like we had a signed contract for me to do the work. I was just helping him to finish the places up. I don't know. I still don't know what is goiong on. :shock:

JesusPuppy Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:43 am

Sorry, Pup. :( Hope that all blows over.

Hoping that no news is good news. No word yet from the applications.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:57 am

Geeee.. now he text me to do the big window in my old place... (got cracked by him doing the grass, flying rock) I don't know what is in his head. :roll:

I am going to breakfast.

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:15 am

I don't think the awake Shann deleted your post but and I don't think the sleeping Shann has been sleeping so if you can't blame it on Shann, you'll have to waggle your finger at your aliens. I am sorry about your landlord. I hope he is giving you a big rent break for helping him out. I'm guessing he was just overwhelmed and you were the easiest target.

I haven't felt well at all. I ache so bad. I know I need to eat better and exercise, but it's hard when I feel so cruddy. I have two huge projects to work on and then some smaller ones and then some favors, but I just want to sleep and stop hurting. I've got another outbreak heading my way.

It looks like my neighbor who was stabbed moved out. I hadn't seen him or his car in over a week so I peeked in WI do and looks his stuff is gone. Unfortunately a unrelated note, I heard there was another school shooting, making it the 74 since New Town. That's an average of one a week. Oh how sad.

I'm sorry things aren't doing well for you Becky. I wish I had the answer for you. Don't forget I love you.

Glad you're feeling better Allison. I wish the others would pop in more so I don't have to go to FW. Thank you Jay for buying my book, that's so awesome. I haven't sold any in quite a while. I need to get some copies down to the library some day offer to donate it and testimony book and do a press release.

A note, I've noticed people aren't welcoming the newbies as much anymore. That is such an important thing to bring more members in and if the site is going to continue to thrive, we have to make the newbies feel welcomed, so if you have a minute or two, pop over and give them a warm wacky welcome.

Hugs to all I didn't mention and to the lurkers. I love ya and wish some things didn't have to change.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

kipphelpsd
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby kipphelpsd » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi. Shann suggested that I drop by. I live in Portland, Oregon, I'm pretty much a newbie, and I'd love some advice. About five years ago, the reality of hell really hit me, and I've been trying to tell others about the place. So far, almost nobody believes what I'm saying. Besides having many face-to-face conversations, I've tried various media to convey my thoughts. I packaged my message into a YouTube video, Extreme Destinations - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPQXM_-yxYA. Also, I recently wrote a book, Hell Is for Real, expertly edited by Shann. The book is posted as a FW Free Reads for Reviews - http://ebooks.faithwriters.com/ebook-de ... hp?id=1053. Please check out the video and the book and give me your thoughts. Should I be using a different approach? How can my message be improved? Thanks so much.
Serving Him,
Kip Phelps

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi Kip welcome to the rest stop! Pup and Jay will be glad to have some more testosterone around here. Amy (who I told she needs to pop back in again) lives not too far from you in Vancouver. She has or used to attend a really good writing group in her area but not sure if she goes very often. It looks like you have been getting a few responses to your video.

The hard thing about writing your own book is you need to do your own marketing too. Rachel who hangs out in here sometimes illustrated my kids' book for me. I need to get a press release out in the local papers and see if the library and local bookstores will do a book signing for me. The problem is I feel yucky mist of the time.

I also left copies of both my book and FW testimony book at the local hospital. I even put in the front cover that it could be bought on Amazon. I also left copies at two local churches and the local schools all have a copy of the picture book. Those might be some avenues you want to take.

I also would ask other authors in the free read for review section to read mine and I'd read theirs, except mine takes all of 5 minutes to read, but it;s helped. I think I have 12 reviews and between books I gave away and Rachel gave or sold, I ended up selling close to 200 hundred copies which I think is pretty good.

Another place you may want to leave copies is in the doctors' offices or the cancer wing of the hospital or local hospices. Not only would it give people something to read, but lead them to the truth before it's too late.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:29 pm

I just read the FW devotion today and saw they are advertising your book with the devo that gets sent out to hundreds of people, so hopefully that might help as well. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler