To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

RachelM
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby RachelM » Thu May 29, 2014 1:32 am

I'd love to read that book, Pup, if you ever felt like sharing it.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu May 29, 2014 11:45 am

Pup you do what I always do when someone says remind. (shakes head and rolls eyes, thinking how scary we are so much alike) :tongue What is it again I'm supposed to do? :mrgreen:

Leah congratulations on your beautiful 1st place overall ribbon! Happy Dance!! :superhappy :party :party :party :party :superhappy :superhappy :clap :party :party :party Check out her story if you haven't read it yet.
http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/w ... evious.php.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Fri May 30, 2014 12:07 am

Congratulations, Leah! That must feel so good! Have you ever placed in first place before? Great writing!! :superhappy
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri May 30, 2014 6:35 am

Who? Leah? Post high in the judging????? No, never. :heehee

I can remember a few "Last minute entries" that she wasn't going to enter on, but had some time in the morning before the end of submition time. Still scored high in the list. :lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Sat May 31, 2014 1:38 am

Congratulations Leah!!!

I also wanted to let everyone know that I signed the contract for my literary agent this evening so it's official! Let the roller coaster ride begin!
Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.

--Psalm 144:1

http://www.tonihammer.com

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:14 am

Good for you Toni, praying IT takes off.... but YOU don't. :lol:

Kiddo are you feeling better yet? Me nose is running, and me back hurts from sneezing so much. Not to mention my eyes hurting after I looked in the mirror.... :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:44 pm

Congratulations Toni! I pray all goes well. I should try to do that for my Wrigley stories but it's just too scary.

Speaking of scary... How are you feeling Pup any better? I bet Becky got you sick! You better not give it to me.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:28 pm

I went home after teaching 1st and 2nd grade Sunday School instead of staying for the service because I wasn't feeling well. Since then, I've ventured out of bed once since then. For the most part, I've been in bed with g abdominal pain/cramping and vomiting. Yay. (I'm back in bed now, posting from my iPad. Bleh.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:39 pm

See you can catch bugs via the Internet. And you all thought a computer virus is something technical or electronic or whatever. Don't sneeze on me Allison! :mrgreen:

I hope all you sickos, err, I mean sick people feel better soon. Hugs :party :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug
Shann

Shann's Profile

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:28 pm

I'm with Shann. I hope all of you guys feel better soon, but I catch enough colds from my kids, so please don't share. :cop
my fingers for battle.

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:55 am

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I've placed 2nd a couple times, but this was my first 1st, so I am very excited about it. :mrgreen:

Back sitting at home on call. It's almost 3am, and no call yet, so I'm probably going to lose another 12 hours of work. And then when I'm off I'll be getting calls begging me to work extra. :(

I guess it's a kind of blessing; now just one 12-hour shift really wears me out. I'm considering looking for a day job, but even that's scary because it would mean starting something new for possibly lower pay, and what about insurance and all that? Plus I really love what I do. But then again, I'm killing myself with these hours. :roll:

I guess I just need to pray for wisdom.

Hope those who have been sick are feeling better, and the rest are having a good week. <3

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:12 am

Don't they have the same job in a day time shift....? :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:01 pm

They have the jobs Pup, but definitely the openings are rare. Plus, it's like a different job during the day which sounds weird, but you have to deal with more beaurocratic stuff during the days. The bosses are around and they almost seems to be a different pace. There's something nice about the night shift. It's quieter and more serene--unless there's a problem then it can be scary to be by yourself. I'm not sure how big Leah's hospital is and if docs are there all the time. I'm guessing not since she has delivered some babies herself. Ah I miss it.

I should be working on editing. I have three paying jobs and several favors I've promised, but just no energy at all. :?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:35 pm

I'll be praying for you, Leah. It definitely sounds like a hard decision to make... moving on is always scary. I miss working outside of the home sometimes; adult interaction, fresh air, having the opportunity to miss my kids. Then I remember that part of my "job" right now is playing on Twitter and Facebook which is kind of cool. Building a platform and all that.

If anyone's interested in my stuff by the way, here are the links.

Blog: http://tonihammer.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tonihammerwriter
Twitter: https://twitter.com/realtonihammer

No pressure though. I've still got a long road ahead of me. My agent's going to call me sometime this week to discuss ways to polish my proposal before he begins submitting it to publishers. And then... what if it a publisher doesn't buy it? Then what? I'm thankful for this road the Lord has placed me on but it's so ambiguous.

Shann, I totally get the low energy thing. I definitely want a mulligan on today. I classify it as a "mommy fail" day because.. yeah.. not my best parenting today.
my fingers for battle.

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:07 am

Oh boy, Toni can I relate to those days. When Q was a baby and M was about 6, he had been screaming and I tried to give him his pacifier, but he didn't want it so I threw it and it ricocheted off three walls. M's eyes were huge as she watched me crying too. I put kids in car, drove to Mom's walked in handed her Q and said, Mommy needs to take a walk, wanna come. To show you how smart M was even then, she looked at me like I was crazy and said, No, I'll stay with Grandma. " smart choice. The good news is tomorrow is a fresh day.
Have you heard of the Mom Song? It's hysterical and so fits. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CXgoJ0f5EsQ
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler