To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:02 am

Because they get them super cheap and last forever. Every once in a while a different one would pop up. Almost all hospitals use Pampers too, know why? Because they give them to them. If a new mom comes up with a P&G gift bag and see the hospital uses pampers they are more likely to continue the trend.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:39 am

Thanks Shann! I had a hunch it was something like that. That's interesting about the Pampers. We use cloth diapers for our kids so they didn't get us! :mrgreen:
Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.

--Psalm 144:1

http://www.tonihammer.com

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Oh my goodness. Someone pass the barbq sause, that baby needs her nose nibbled on. Talk about cute. Tell Kara she has one cute baby.. I still think she is mean, but that baby is cute. :mrgreen:

Just for the record.. Jay.. Jason Patterson is the MC in a few of my stories, namely Beyond the Mirror. I didn't want to start an account on FB (that's Funny Bone for those who don't know better) so when everyone from the FW Conference placed their pictures on there, I set up a fake to go see them. I did the fake name as they would not let me use JesusPuppy as a name.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Allison

Postby Allison » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:52 pm

So Shann, you should enjoy this. I've been sharing the testimony book with all of my co-workers. My supervisor at one of my offices is named Lydia. I don't know if she read your story, but she saw your author's notes, where you mention your children, and she was like "Look!" She thought it was really cool that she found her name in the book. :D
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:28 am

They're actually pink and blue blankets, to be okay for either girl or boy. :wink:

JP, yeah, there's no birthday listed. Try emailing Facebook and asking for a different way to confirm your account.

Been a fairly busy week with me being inside for most of it. I made it through my first Korean drama. :lol: I also did some baking and cooking.

And yesterday I paid off the car. :mrgreen: So that feels good.

Didn't do any writing. Someday my brain will be become un-foggy and I will be able to think.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

franabelle
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby franabelle » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:48 am

Hi - I'm new to faithwriters - joined last month. I'm from Modesto, California - central valley. I have been writing devotionals and Sunday School papers for years, but writing queries and waiting to hear takes so long, so this site is great for me. I have written three Challenge articles and several devotionals. Two churches have picked up my devotionals for their church bulletins so that really makes me happy.

I am very likely the oldest faithwriters contributor - I will be 83 next month. I am thankful God gives me the strength to keep going. I am an administrator and teacher at a vocational school for unemployed adults - grab my cane every morning and walk a half mile to school and stay for about four hours. I love the ministry I have at the school and can't stay away.

franabelle

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:57 pm

Welcome, franabelle! From what you've told us, you should fit in fine! Age is just a number around here. Volunteering rocks!

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:38 am

Welcome Fran, 83 huh? A drop in the eternal bucket. Sit a while and regale us with your wisdom. I am sure you have millions of laughs to add to our medicine pot.

violin4jesus wrote:JP, yeah, there's no birthday listed. Try emailing Facebook and asking for a different way to confirm your account.

Why? Shann posted a picture, that is all I needed. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:35 am

Welcome Franabelle! So glad you've joined this crazy cast of characters. :superhappy
Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.

--Psalm 144:1

http://www.tonihammer.com

franabelle
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby franabelle » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:57 pm

Hi - I'm a new member from Modesto in the central valley. I am really, really happy to have found Faithwriters. I have had a lot of articles and devos published in S.S. papers, church bulletins, Christian magazines, Cup of Comfort, and more, but it is so time consuming to write query letters. I really like the idea of being able to showcase my writing where lots of editors and others are looking for things to publish.

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:01 am

My 2 youngest got chicken pox yesterday. I'm kind of relieved that we'll be all done with chicken pox in week or so. My oldest 4 have already had it.

Welcome Franabelle! I'm so glad you dropped by the rest stop. I'm quite new to writing, but I think this site can be a blessing to both new and experienced writers.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Welcome Fran! I look forward to your posts. What's a query you mentioned?

Pup, that "bites" when they didn't let you use Jesus Puppy!

[color=#008040]Happy St. Paddy's![/color]
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:20 pm

How did I miss all of this? Franabelle! I'm so happy you popped in. I'm the official oddball (now that Becky from Maryland, lurks more than she posts and I miss her dearly. She won't even play Scrabble anymore--which Pup is the only really good reason for FB - - so I can beat you in games, and Kara who is from Thailand has been busy creating life, I'm the last oddball--I live no where near the Pacific but in the middle of nowhere in Western New York.)
Oh wait Christy is an oddball too! Oh wait is Australia in the Pacific. Hmm maybe I am the only oddball left! Becky, Kara and Kate (from Lativia) and Leone (from South Africa) come back!!

Not only am I odd, but my mind wanders a lot. If I haven't scared you off I hope you keep coming back!

So on Thursday, I decided to fight the blizzard, get out of my warm bed and write my challenge story. Unfortunately, I only managed to get up with 25 minutes until deadline. I missed it by a minute or two and even got a sweet note from Deb. Two others missed the deadline too. I blame DST. It's just my opinion, but when I told Deb I procrastinated to the last 25 minutes, after laughing (with love of course) I think I list some of her sympathy, :mrgreen: I can't blame her, that's bad even for me.

Oh and Shari! How could I forget you are an oddball too!! From (Ohio or Michigan or one of those middle states) Hmm I'm in a middle state of mind, but I like Billy Joel and since I'm from NY (The state NOT the city) I could be in a New York state of mind.

Can you tell I'm in desperate need of sleep.

Anyhoo I'm glad you popped in Franabelle. I've seen and even said howdy to you in other threads and am delighted to get to know you more and read some of your work.

I'm not so sure that you hold the old record. In human years Pup is like 343 :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Yup - Ohio. I got tired of everyone hiding in the corners. I try to keep up with the Southern Porch folks, tool.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Allison

Postby Allison » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:21 pm

Shann! Glad you posted. I was getting worried about you, that you weren't doing well health wise. And you didn't respond to my post about the testimony book. And you forgot that I'm another oddball. :)
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler