To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Toni Hammer » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:03 pm

Shann wrote:Pup, you have to go to that place you hate called Facebook.

What's Facebook?

:rolling :rolling :rolling

I don't know why, but I thought that was pretty funny... I'm laughing out loud.. all by myself.
Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.

--Psalm 144:1

http://www.tonihammer.com

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:02 pm

I'll laugh with you :lol:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby deejay » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Yeah, $125 is a bit much for Saturday only for the writer's conference. Great that it's local; probably only a bus ride away. When's the deadline?

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Shann wrote:Pup, you have to go to that place you hate called Facebook. If Kara is on your friend list, you'll be able to see beautiful Ember Sky She was born on March 2.

Chrissy why won't your Heroes story be included?

The book won't be done from what I understand.

Chrissy

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:20 pm

Figures. Some one go there and deliver a message for me...

"Kara... your mean." :tongue

I wouldn't be able to get on, I can't remember my name or password. I only set up that account to see pictures 5 years ago. To set up another now... :roll: Not worth it, even for baby pictures.

Oh and add to that message, "Did you see the 50th?"
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:52 am

Boo-hoo. My baby turned two today. Don't get me wrong--I love the terrific twos :wink: , but I miss having a baby around the house.

On another note...looks like Spring has sprung here! We've had above freezing temps the last few days, and the snow should be gone...in a month or two. :?
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:31 am

I totally get it. My baby turned 20 and I was okay until Q pointed out that I officially had no more teenagers. Now some may think that is a good thing...

I loved age two. They learn so fast at that age. Personally I think the threes are more terrible than the twos, but I also think girls are easier than boys (with the possible exception of the hormonal years from 11 to 15 or so, but then they turn human again.) :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:30 pm

If anyone would like a baby, you can borrow either of mine. You have options!
my fingers for battle.

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:58 pm

We never had terrible twos, we had terrible threes - totally with you on that.
I'm still not sure which is easier, girls or boys. We have two girls and one boy. Eileen's headed full steam ahead for the teen years in June and Josh is 9.5 and has been in the whining "phase" since he was about 4. Jolynn, has the stomping foot temper fit thing down to a tee - she'll be 4 in May.

Shann wrote:I totally get it. My baby turned 20 and I was okay until Q pointed out that I officially had no more teenagers. Now some may think that is a good thing...

I loved age two. They learn so fast at that age. Personally I think the threes are more terrible than the twos, but I also think girls are easier than boys (with the possible exception of the hormonal years from 11 to 15 or so, but then they turn human again.) :D
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Thanks Shari, you made me remember to be thankful about not having teens. And Toni, I'll take a girl...red hair and blue eyes please. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:43 pm

Toni Hammer wrote:If anyone would like a baby, you can borrow either of mine. You have options!

The youngest please! :wink:
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:00 pm

You ladies are too kind. I am quite lucky in that my in laws do take the kidlets quite a bit to give me a break, but the respite is always too short and too long at the same time. Oh well. Time goes fast blah blah blah. They'll be waving goodbye to me soon enough.
my fingers for battle.

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:31 am

Oh you mean I have to give her back? Well gee I rescind my offer! :mrgreen:

When I used to work in OB we had all these consents the mom had to sign. I always read everything I sign, but I'd give a brief summary of the consent then when they signed without reading (never understood why labor patients didn't read it all), but if she was the right type of personality, I'd say after she signed that Oh and you also promised if it's a girl, you'll give it to me. Never did get to take one home though.

Today I helped M and her husband do taxes. They were freaking because they owed and last year got a huge refund. Well I did my magic and made it better. I so wanted to say if they had a baby they'd get more deduction and tax breaks. I figured that would be too pushy. But I'm ready.

Since I was a teen mom, I talked to kids a lot about sex. In fact, once I saw a survey asking kid if parent had THE talk. I asked Q how he would answer and he said he'd say no. I freaked and said Seriously?
His answer? It wasn't one talk it was a lifetime of discussions. (Good answer)
I also told kids if they got pregnant (or in Q's case impregnated someone else) I got to name the baby and Esther is my choice (boy or girl) I wanted to name Q and Lyd Esther, but my friends in OB told me they'd change the name on birth certificate. I knew them well enough that I didn't want to risk it. :D

Probably just as well, I would have called her S and with M and Q it might have gotten weird.

If I could have a baby today I'd name girl Wrigley (though that might be hard as that is my MC's name and a boy Griffith (not Griffin) and if God filled by order for identical twin girls I name the other Riley, but might spell it Wriley though that's close to Wryly and she'd probably get teased.

Okay Shann needs sleep. (someone slap me for referring to myself in 3rd person) :thankssign
Shann

Shann's Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:19 am

I refer to myself in third person all the time. :wink:

Pup, you crack me up. You know you can go to that place and say you forgot your password, and they'll email it to you just like any other website. You enter with your email. :tongue So go see pictures now!

We did our B&B thing on Friday night, and it was seriously the most hippie place I'd ever been. It was like a hippie commune in the mountains. Really pretty scenery, though - very peaceful. Then we went to the beach the next morning and saw orcas swimming up the coast.

Saturday night I only had to work 11 hours, I got to train someone, and we had one patient the whole night who only needed two hours of monitoring and then she slept. It was SOOOOO nice after weeks of crazy busy and no breaks.

Tonight I helped my friend Ericka move out, since she's been staying with us for two months until she got established in the Irvine area. It was nice for me to have her around to talk to, and she helped us organize stuff and cooked us dinner, but Ryan was really itching for her to go so we could just be a couple again. So it's nice to have our place to ourselves again. She found a great place about two miles from work which she can bike to, since in SoCal you pretty much need to be close to everything or own a car. Tomorrow (well, today) I have computer training at the hospital from 1pm to 10pm, then I work on the floor until 1-1:30am. So I should fall asleep pretty soon.

Hope everyone has a great start to their week.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:25 am

SLAP!!!

Toni Hammer wrote:If anyone would like a baby, you can borrow either of mine. You have options!

Wrong thing to say around me. I have wanted kids even when I was a kid. The whole settle down have children thing. Always wanted a little girl I could spoil rotten and be daddy's little princess. Now... I have tonnes of Nieces and even a few nephews, but ... :(

Oh and Leah... do you remember what name I used for my account? :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler