To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

RachelM
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby RachelM » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:47 pm

violin4jesus wrote::hide

*tiptoes into the Rest-Stop to see what's up*

Hi!

I'm back. Been awhile. My face was buried in textbooks, articles, and academic writing for about 6 months. Done now. I've decided to postpone the Master's for awhile and gain my sanity back. I'm so tired I can hardly do anything but sit back and recover for a week or two.

Hi Leah! Wow, you have been crazy busy. Enjoy some R&R.

You'd be an awesome doula! I was at another doula course a month ago and was super surprised by all the RN's there. Some of them aren't working as nurses anymore and are doing all doula work, and many are using the comfort measures in labour and delivery as RN's. The experience that these women bring to the field is tremendous.

And to the rest of you: I enjoyed reading all of your crazy comments. You make me smile. :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:22 pm

:eyes

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:08 am

Shanny, you're hilarious...of course you didn't scare us off. We just had busy weekends. I worked about 6.5 hours extra on Saturday night because they were short, and I was free. Then I played first service and evening service for church. So I'm a bit tired, but not sleepy yet at 3am. I still have to make granola bars tonight. Already harvested one jar's worth of kombucha, and made up a new brew of sweet tea for the next batch. And played on the Wii to get my exercise. I've got some recipes to look up; already booked a B&B for this weekend to celebrate being done with my class, and sent a message to my sis-in-law regarding ordering a stroller for them before my nephew is born. Oh, and I updated the software on my phone. It's amazing how productive you can be when you have time!

Thanks for the encouragement, Rachel. I'm seriously calculating what I need to do to become a doula. I really think it will be a better fit for me, career-wise, and something I may be able to do while running a B&B (our other grand scheme we're concocting for the future).

Hope all of you had a great weekend. Glad to hear you're improving, Barb. You and Deejay didn't reply about the writing conference...would be fun to see you there. :wink:

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:28 am

Shann wrote:Pup, whatever you do, DON'T go to the doctor. They might report you for beating up poor innocent little bugs. Was it a ladybug or a dude bug? If you used boxing gloves and say it was self defense or like a sport they might go easy on you, but I'm not so sure. I know dogfights are part of some cultures, but here in the US, it's a serious crime. I don't want you to go to jail. Oh we have to do something.

:roll:

RiversidePeace wrote: :eyes

Is that to say your eyes are tired or you are just looking around?

Leah... I can just see you and Ryan running a B&B. That would be so cool. IS it a country one or in city/suburbia type?
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:11 am

I'm here! Lurking somewhere ...

Welcome Rich! I'm Becky or Kiddo. I'm one of the young'uns that come in here. :wink: :roll:

I'm on Maryland's Eastern Shore and I go over to my grandparents house just about everyday to help them out, especially my Grandpa who is suffering from Parkinson's disease.Its very demanding and takes a lot out of me and it's hard because I'm basically watching him die a slow painful death and I just lost my other grandfather about 2 years ago, suddenly, from cancer.

Anyway, Not trying to make the mood all heavy and sad.

It's snowing here today! Good news for me- I love snow. :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

rtodd5011
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby rtodd5011 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:57 am

Hi everyone. Hope you all are having a good day. Thanks for the welcome. If i missed saying hello to anyone I apologize. It is snowing here in Mississippi this morning. We don't usually get cold weather this time of year. God's blessings to all, Rich
God Bless,
Rtodd (Rich)

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:41 pm

When and where, and how much does it cost, is the So Cal Christian Writer's conference? If it's on a Sunday, Thursday or Friday, no can do; Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday, we'll see.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Rebecky wrote:I'm here! Lurking somewhere ...

It's snowing here today! Good news for me- I love snow. :mrgreen:

You like SNOW? You're unique (and you don't ski?) All I hear is people complain about it - calling it names %*#@$ We're having lots of it!

GUYS to clarify: What TV show has the saying "Grasshopper" in which 1 character utters "Grasshopper" which is a nickname for another character? Shann can have a purple bow.

I'm so proud of myself, I haven't logged into Facebook once yet today and it's just about 2pm! :superhappy Instead I did ministry stuff, worked on my book and posted here.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:21 pm

Congratulations to Toni for winning first place in the Xulon blogging contest!!!
:superhappy :party
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Wow once I leave you all get chatty could it be a trend?

Barb glad you're doing better and getting fed and not having to worry about your Mom so much.

Shari glad you popped in too. I've been thinking about you. I've been going nuts with tons of editing jobs to the point where at times I just need to crawl in bed and cry. I'm doing 4 huge projects right now and not sure if it's a wise idea. Maybe I should pass them onto you. :? Sorry things have been so tough lately.

I want to be a doula too though don't think it would be very successful in this area.

Yeah Toni. I saw your story and it was my favorite. (Sh don't tell anyone else) :mrgreen:

Becky I have lots of snow for ya but more cold than snow. You know it's been a harsh weather when the temp is in the teens and it feels like a heat wave.

Jay my brain almost knows what you're talking about but can't quite grasp it. I want a purple bow!

Pup am too funny my momma told me so! :tongue

Okay I'm back to work.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:46 pm

You can google grasshopper TV show.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:12 pm

Okay Nevermind it wasn't on the tip of my brain
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

rtodd5011
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby rtodd5011 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:04 am

jaybird wrote:You can google grasshopper TV show.

Jay was the show called "Kung Fu?" I didnt look it up on google. I remember that show, but unsure if that was the name or not.

RIch
God Bless,
Rtodd (Rich)

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:39 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
RiversidePeace wrote: :eyes

Is that to say your eyes are tired or you are just looking around?

Both

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:42 am

rtodd5011 wrote:
jaybird wrote:You can google grasshopper TV show.

Jay was the show called "Kung Fu?" I didnt look it up on google. I remember that show, but unsure if that was the name or not.

RIch

Yup that's why it wasn't on the tip of my brain. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler