To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:27 am

So if you don't count publishable what am I missing? Ahh I'll have to look it up or I'll never be able to sleep. See what you started Toni? Plus I'm in NY so that means I'm up three hours longer. :tongue :mrgreen:

Oh and just so you all can sleep I was missing creativity. That's one of my favorites, though often I'm so far out of the box, people can't even find me. Teehee
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:32 am

Toni have you considered getting a challenge buddy? You and Rachel would be a perfect match. You're both outstanding writers and would balance each other nicely. It :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:48 am

Shann wrote:So if you don't count publishable what am I missing? Ahh I'll have to look it up or I'll never be able to sleep. See what you started Toni? Plus I'm in NY so that means I'm up three hours longer. :tongue :mrgreen:

You can't blame me! I told you to go to bed! :tongue

Shann wrote:Toni have you considered getting a challenge buddy? You and Rachel would be a perfect match. You're both outstanding writers and would balance each other nicely. It :mrgreen:

I really like the idea! Mostly the only feedback I get is from my husband who says, "It was good." :thumbs

....Rachel...? :sofa
Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.

--Psalm 144:1

http://www.tonihammer.com

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:08 pm

I've tried to hook Rachel up before but I know she sometimes gets overwhelmed with everything.

I;ve tried to hook Pup up but haven't have any luck with that either, though now that I think of it, it had nothing to do with writing!! :tongue

Barbie!!!Are you there? I'm praying for you and am pretty sure you had your surgery already. If only you had listened and gone back to Warsaw, I could be bringing you flowers right now.

For those of you who don't know Barb was born and lived for 3 years about 45 minutes from my house. It's a small world after all. She was one of the first people who welcomed me when I joined and we had the middle of nowhere in WNY connection.
Shann

Shann's Profile

RachelM
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:51 pm

Shann wrote:Toni have you considered getting a challenge buddy? You and Rachel would be a perfect match. You're both outstanding writers and would balance each other nicely. It :mrgreen:

Toni Hammer wrote:
I really like the idea! Mostly the only feedback I get is from my husband who says, "It was good." :thumbs

....Rachel...? :sofa

Yeah!!! Great idea, Shann!

Toni, PM me and we can work out the details. Do you want to go over each other's entries every week?
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:12 pm

PM sent! Shannon gets a gold star for suggesting this wonderful idea. :bow
Last edited by Toni Hammer on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
my fingers for battle.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:18 pm

Shann wrote:I;ve tried to hook Pup up but haven't have any luck with that either, though now that I think of it, it had nothing to do with writing!! :tongue

:roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:43 pm

Here we go again. :roll:

How long will I talk to myself this time. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:55 pm

Who erased my post?

I made a polite comment to Toni saying I only correct my friends and told her my name was Shann no on, my mom used to call me Oh Shann and it sounded like Ocean and it's also Ann with Sh in front but fast so it's one syllable--Shann

Then I went on to say you were the one who turned down my potential hook ups. Of course that was before I realized you were an old goat (even if you're only one year older than me)
Shann

Shann's Profile

Toni Hammer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Toni Hammer » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Pup is a goat?!

Mind=blown
my fingers for battle.

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:08 pm

A old goat, can't forget the old part :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:30 am

Shann wrote:Barbie!!!Are you there? I'm praying for you and am pretty sure you had your surgery already. If only you had listened and gone back to Warsaw, I could be bringing you flowers right now.

For those of you who don't know Barb was born and lived for 3 years about 45 minutes from my house. It's a small world after all. She was one of the first people who welcomed me when I joined and we had the middle of nowhere in WNY connection.

I'm here! :) My hip replacement surgery was last Monday, the 17th, and I'm doing well! My mom has been with me all week, (I went home from hospital the next day) and plans to return to her home this afternoon. I've really not needed her here with me, but it's been nice. This is a big surprise to me! We're not "best friends" or even into that mother-daughter relationship. But she is my mom, and I love her. :)

I've been on Coumidin due to the potential to get blood clots post- surgery. Last night, I began getting the nose bleeds, thus I'm awake now at 1:20 am. Will let the anti-coagulation department know when they contact me today. The lab comes to my home twice weekly to draw coumidin levels and then calls me with the dosage amount.

I'm also having physical therapy home visits twice weekly. I'm walking quite well with the assist of the walker, but I get very sleepy off and on throughout the day. My pain med is Norco, which is Tylenol and Hydrocodone. Tylenol already knocks me out, so get a double whammy with the combined medication. Expect to go off it shortly; I don't need it that much. I had a lot more pain prior to surgery!
Barb Culler

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm so glad that your surgery is over with and that you are recovering well, Barb!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:39 pm

Oh Barb it is so wonderful to see your cheery post. You have been on my mind a lot. Plus, you're still going to be laid up on your birthday (28) which means I had to cancel my flight to surprize you and take you out on the town all night going club hopping and what not. (teehee) :mrgreen: Am so glad you are doing better and not in much pain!

Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:16 pm

Shann wrote:A old goat, can't forget the old part :tongue

I said it before and I will say it again.

:tongue

No Toni, I am just a dog. albeit an old dog, but still I just a Puppy inside. :mrgreen:

And like the old saying goes... "Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read."

:sorry

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler