To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus
  




The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

User avatar
Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
 
Posts: 3719
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:45 am
Location: St. Peters, MO

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Allison » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:38 pm

Ms. Barbie wrote:Got my surgery date for hip replacement! Monday, February 17. That's coming up quick!

My niece, Stephanie, is trying to make arrangements to fly in from North Carolina to help me out. That's so sweet of her. She's busy with 4 girls under the age of 8, but she's willing to come spend 10 days with me! She will bring her 20 month old, and possibly the 8 year old. I'm kind of torn about the kids-loved to see them, but know the toddler will be active and the other one is Chatty Cathy. I will need rest the first couple days home from hospital, but then again, the company might be good therapy! I will know more come Sunday, when final decisions will be made.

I'm so ready for this to happen!


Almost exactly one year after mine. I will keep you my prayers. And I think having the kids around might be good. You'll need to rest some, yes, but honestly, they want you to be up and active as soon as you can.

I just registered for my first ever 5K! It's been something I've been wanting to do since before my surgery, and now it's finally going to happen. It's called "The Color Run." At each kilometer marker, they toss colored powder on you, and by the end you have a tie-dye t-shirt. :) It's un-timed, and I've been assured I'll have the time I need to finish. I know I can do the distance, because I've done it a few times in the past few months. But I think it will be good for me, and help me get out there to practice before the actual event.
Image
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

User avatar
Shann
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Western NY super rural

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Man I am going crazy. I feel so overwhelmed. I have this huge editing project which is really a rewrite and it is taking so long and I have a tight deadline plus have to do the church newsletter that was supposed to be out several days ago.

Jay, I'll have to check my Word game when I'm in my comfy Sleep number bed. Man I'm so glad that I bought it. I have a heated mattress pad that has been wonderful for my sore joints.Oh and it's Barb having the surgery not Chrissy (I'm sure Chrissy will be relieved) :mrgreen: Hm bARB, i WONDER IF A HEATED MATTRESS PAD MIGHT BE GOOD FOR YOU TOO. (Grr I'm not shouting just lazy) Of course you would have to check with doctor because the heat could mess up the bleeding at first, but I tell you mine feels so good on my sore joints. I wish I could make it so it worked on joints but didn't make me so hot. (Yes, I know I walked right into that one!)

I passed out in church last Sunday and now I don't think I want to go tomorrow because I feel like such a fool. Plus the temp is up enough to leave a nice sheet of ice on everything.

That's cool about the 5k Allison. Don't you live where it's been quite cold and snowy too? I would love to get to a point where I could even consider doing that but I'm so nervous about falling and there is so much snow that it's hard to walk anywhere.

Scary about the break in DeeJay. Makes me glad I live out in the middle of nowhere. Okay I've been editing for hours, my head is pounding and I think I'm going to go to bed.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

User avatar
RachelM
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:52 pm

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby RachelM » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:47 am

Hi guys! Seems like lots is happening in everybody's lives.

Barb, I'm praying for your hip surgery. I hope it goes well. That's so beautiful that your niece wants to come and stay with you!

DeeJay, that's crazy about the break in!

Chrissy, that is some hot weather! It's -25C here at night and -15C during the day right now. :)

Allison, that 5k sounds like a blast. I'm getting back into running and am up to 28 minutes now. :) I'm trying to lose the 10 pounds that I gained in the fall. I'm sitting here trying to resist the urge to eat a chocolate bar. :roll:

Shann, I'm sorry to hear you're so stressed. Makes me feel a wee bit better about not getting my Pageturner entry to you yet though. What made you pass out?
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

User avatar
RedBaron
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 24965
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby RedBaron » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:08 am

Praying everything goes well and you recuperate quickly.

Ms. Barbie wrote:Got my surgery date for hip replacement! Monday, February 17. That's coming up quick!

My niece, Stephanie, is trying to make arrangements to fly in from North Carolina to help me out. That's so sweet of her. She's busy with 4 girls under the age of 8, but she's willing to come spend 10 days with me! She will bring her 20 month old, and possibly the 8 year old. I'm kind of torn about the kids-loved to see them, but know the toddler will be active and the other one is Chatty Cathy. I will need rest the first couple days home from hospital, but then again, the company might be good therapy! I will know more come Sunday, when final decisions will be made.

I'm so ready for this to happen!
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

User avatar
RedBaron
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 24965
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby RedBaron » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:12 am

Praying :( :hugs2

Shann wrote:Man I am going crazy. I feel so overwhelmed. I have this huge editing project which is really a rewrite and it is taking so long and I have a tight deadline plus have to do the church newsletter that was supposed to be out several days ago.

Jay, I'll have to check my Word game when I'm in my comfy Sleep number bed. Man I'm so glad that I bought it. I have a heated mattress pad that has been wonderful for my sore joints.Oh and it's Barb having the surgery not Chrissy (I'm sure Chrissy will be relieved) :mrgreen: Hm bARB, i WONDER IF A HEATED MATTRESS PAD MIGHT BE GOOD FOR YOU TOO. (Grr I'm not shouting just lazy) Of course you would have to check with doctor because the heat could mess up the bleeding at first, but I tell you mine feels so good on my sore joints. I wish I could make it so it worked on joints but didn't make me so hot. (Yes, I know I walked right into that one!)

I passed out in church last Sunday and now I don't think I want to go tomorrow because I feel like such a fool. Plus the temp is up enough to leave a nice sheet of ice on everything.

That's cool about the 5k Allison. Don't you live where it's been quite cold and snowy too? I would love to get to a point where I could even consider doing that but I'm so nervous about falling and there is so much snow that it's hard to walk anywhere.

Scary about the break in DeeJay. Makes me glad I live out in the middle of nowhere. Okay I've been editing for hours, my head is pounding and I think I'm going to go to bed.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

User avatar
Shann
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Western NY super rural

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:55 pm

Thanks Shari and Rachel. I'm pretty sure I was holding my breath. I do that without realizing it when the pain or stress is bad. I'm super sore I've fallen to the actual ground or table then ground five times since December. I messed up my shoulder pretty bad. Not sure why, but I'm nervous now about going anywhere.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

User avatar
JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
 
Posts: 12904
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:57 am
Location: Third rock from the sun..

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:59 am

Shann wrote:Pup your poem was awesome! I hope you have plans for it.

Just the same as the rest of them... it will sit in a file doing nothing. At least it wont collect much dust like my old notebook do. :mrgreen:

Prayers all around, sounds like we are needing it, especially for Shortstuff and that 5k... sounds like a tall order for her. ( I know, I know, I just couldn't help it. :wink: )
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

User avatar
Shann
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Western NY super rural

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:07 am

Pup, glad to see you. I was getting worried and if you hadn't posted today, I was going to send my aliens after your aliens to see if you're alright. Thankfully I didn't send them out, I hear they get testy if woke up without enough sleep. :mrgreen:

You'd better do something with that poem. If I do some research and find the right magazine for it, would you send it in? Or I could just do it for you :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

User avatar
deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
 
Posts: 5387
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:16 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby deejay » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:27 pm

We've had other break-ins at church, but this is the first time something was taken. The guardian angels must've been asleep on the job. Pastor said Sunday a couple in our church had their car broken into, and their birth certificates, Social Security cards, and rent check were taken. They went to the bank, and the bank put a stop payment order on the stolen check, and issued a new check--without charge! Now that's what I call a miracle!
Also, apparently there was a problem with the alarm--not notification, etc.. So the alarm guy came out that day and worked on it. I think it's okay now. I hope the perp's team won, for him to have taken the TV. I mean, he could've just asked, we would've loaned it to him. It was bought by one of our renting churches, cost about a thousand dollars, and that plus the cost of fixing the window and replacing the cart, makes our insurance deductible, so we're praying over whether to file a claim or not.

User avatar
JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
 
Posts: 12904
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:57 am
Location: Third rock from the sun..

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:50 am

Shann wrote:You'd better do something with that poem. If I do some research and find the right magazine for it, would you send it in? Or I could just do it for you :tongue

Knock your socks off. I could even send you the rest if you want. Put it in your own name though, maybe if it was in some one elses name it might actually sell. You could become famous. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

User avatar
JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
 
Posts: 12904
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:57 am
Location: Third rock from the sun..

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:44 am

:shock:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

User avatar
RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:17 am
Location: By the River

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:18 am

Hello.

User avatar
JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
 
Posts: 12904
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:57 am
Location: Third rock from the sun..

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:35 am

Hi Chrissy. Seems I scared everyone off again. See what happens when I talk about my own writing, gets people worried that it might actually make it to the public view... and they get scared. :shock:

Okay okay.. no more talking about it. I promise. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

User avatar
RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:17 am
Location: By the River

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:30 pm

:) You made me smile.

I've been so sick. Thursday I had an allergy attack that affected my sinus. Whatever it was gave me a mouth full of ulcers too and I don't think it was what I ate but rather what is in the air. Since late Friday I have been coughing and choking and now on antibiotics for an infection in the lungs. It happens so quickly with me. With all the potions I'm with the Natropath, one would think my immune system will improve. Doctor told me to get plenty of rest and return today if I don't feel any better or get worse. Rest would be nice if I didn't cough so much.

Later.

Chrissy

User avatar
Shann
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 5737
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Western NY super rural

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:43 pm

I will send it in Pup so there!

Chrissy, I'm so sorry you've been sick. I know how much those sores can hurt. Hope you're doing better now.

Sorry I haven't been on. I have a huge editing job and it is taking forever to do it. I also have several little jobs too and feel overwhelmed, but in a good way.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

© MeasurelessMedia. All rights reservedTerms of Service



Jesus - True for You But not for Me      Website Builder     Build Website     Is Jesus God?    
Does God exist?     Build a writers website     Does truth exist?     Website online in minutes