To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Ms. Barbie
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Ms. Barbie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:34 am

Hi guys! Today, I received email release form to have my EC published. Wow! I thought that was a long way down the road. Deb is is on a roll! :bow

I went back and re-read my entry. It's been nearly a year since I've submitted anything here, and browsing through some of my more recent posts kind of got me wondering if I still have anything left in me to be able to write. I was starting to climb through the levels but then faded away. :roll: Maybe? http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=43435
Last edited by Ms. Barbie on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barb Culler

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:07 am

Yeah! I am doing the most wonderful Happy Dance on the history of Happy Dance! And my joints hurt, but I still had to dance. I'm so happy for you. I believe that because she choice that quarter to do next (She said she was going to switch from older ones to newer ones since they are behind by several years shows that God wants you to keep writing. I'm here to help you in any way I can. Oh and in case you missed it... HAPPY DANCE!! :party :party :party
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:40 am

:)
Barb Culler

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:44 am

Ms. Barbie wrote:Hi guys! Today, I received email release form to have my EC published. Wow! I thought that was a long way down the road. Deb is is on a roll! :bow

I went back and re-read my entry. It's been nearly a year since I've submitted anything here, and browsing through some of my more recent posts kind of got me wondering if I still have anything left in me to be able to write. I was starting to climb through the levels but then faded away. :roll: Maybe? http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=43435

I don't think any of my ECs will be published. :(

Chrissy

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:38 am

It might take a while Chrissy but I've heard that Deb is really pushing and the first one will be out in March then after that the others will follow faster. I'm a tad paranoid because I had two EC's that quarter and didn't receive a letter even though Barb and Amy did, but I imagine she is doing it slowly and probably hasn't gotten to my name yet. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:53 am

Maybe she's doing in alphabetically by first names. I use that system in my job.

That's right, several from the Rest Stop received EC's that quarter! Humbling to see mine along with all of you who've stuck it out! :)

Chrissy, I'm sure your day will come. :hugs2
Barb Culler

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:08 pm

Shann wrote:wasn't I supposed to be getting a poem from you?

Ummm.. I'm still working on it. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:11 pm

JesusPuppy Profile

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:30 am

Ms. Barbie wrote:Maybe she's doing in alphabetically by first names. I use that system in my job.

That's right, several from the Rest Stop received EC's that quarter! Humbling to see mine along with all of you who've stuck it out! :)

Chrissy, I'm sure your day will come. :hugs2

Nah. 1st book I had an EC in wasn't published and I think Deb's past the 2nd book I was in. Just the luck of the draw.

Chrissy

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:54 am

Chrissy, I think she meant contacting the authors alphabetically because both Amy and Barb were notified the same day and I have two stories in that quarter, but she hasn't notified me yet. It was the quarter about food like picnics, in the kitchen, savory, sweet.
JesusPuppy wrote:Image
Does your ear itch Pup, or are you just digging earwax out. I;m like that a picker--ear wax, boogers, dead skin off my feet, dandruff scabs, it just makes me even crazier if I can't pick at something :?

So remember me telling you about Bob-o (robotic vacuum) seemed to have an obsession with kitchen rug? Well we have the exact type of rug in bathroom and I tried and tried to get Bob-o to work it but afer only a couple of strokes he would stop and beep in a pitiful way. I checked to make sure my or the animal's hair wasn't tangled, that he didn't pick up something that would halt fim from doing his job, but nope nothing. I tried several times at he almost stopped within seconds every time. So I took him to the kitchen mat and he was in Heaven, his hum even seemed happy and he went in complete circles over that rug. I wonder if he and bathroom rug got in a fight when I wasn't looking. :helpwobble

I wonder if I need sleep? :eyes
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:55 am

Is that why you like picking on me? :wink:

It is going to be one of those days , I just know it. Had last night off, so I sat up watching videos.. last one about 4am. I actually felt sleepy so I shut it off and went to sleep. Really, sleep. Then I woke up saw it was 7:00 and took a shower, got dressed and headed to work for some coffee before clocking in, like normal.....

I don't go to work until 10PM. I should have noticed it was getting light out, not getting darker.

Like I said, it is going to be one of those days. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:13 pm

Thursday night, while waiting to start the Bible study group I teach--canceled because everyone else was sick--the one person who could come, Tommy, who originally led this study--arrived to take me home. As he pulled up, he saw the big white wooden cross that was in front of our church fall over. Forty-two years of sprinkler water spraying the base caused the wood to rot. Yesterday, our facilities maintenance man, Victor, was tasked with cutting up and disposing of the cross. He really felt bad about having to do it, and when he got his electric saw out, he noticed that the blade had the word "Diablo"--Spanish for devil--on it. Now he really began to get uncomfortable! But it was the only one he had, so he used it. As he worked, the word was worn off the blade.
I'm believing someone will offer to give us a new cross and install it.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:43 pm

Wow Deejay what a great story!

Of course Pup I'm a picker, dead skin, scabs and you! :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:32 am

BBQ breakfast tomorrow morning. Not something we always do but it''s Australia Day public holiday. We watch the fireworks from our veranda this evening. I finally believe our tammy dog is deaf. After this year after New Year fireworks and todays, it's a sure sign. She's always hated the noise and here we are closer than ever to the nearest place that has the displays. mmmm…poor thing but I suppose her deafness has solved one problem.

CHrissy

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:34 am

Okay Shann it is sent. Ummmm. you are still with the gmail right..?

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler