To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:48 pm

:book2
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:34 pm

Is that you reading my book Pup? If anyone is interested in giving a review on Amazon I'd be happy to send the PDF. The target age is 3 to 6 so pretty much everyone should be able to read it in under 5 minutes :tongue

Okay where is everyone hiding and from whom? Becky, Seem a, Barb, Amy yoo-hoo ollie ollie oxen free (that makes no more sense today than it did 40 years ago and how did I get so old so fast?) I should be working on my editing job but don't have the energy.

Congratulations to Rachel for ranking in the top ten of your level for the Day's End challenge and also congrats to Patty for ranking in the top 35 overall. I've been nagging her to pop in so I was super excited when I heard she entered the challenge.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:19 am

Tell me about it. Posting in here the last few days causes echos. I got bored and started :book2 some of the older posts. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Well if you want some reading, I can send you the book. It has pretty pictures and in each picture a Bow Bug is hiding. Plus at the end, you might even learn to tie your shoe! :tongue

Is the cat still hanging around the store? It has gotten quiet again. I miss the banter, but I'll admit at times I think I just posted and when I look several days have flown by.

One good thing is tax season is upon us. I live doing my taxes! All this software and having to file electronically takes the fun out of it. I usually do them three or four different ways to see which way works out best. I also do the kids so that helps as well. Last couple of years, M hasn't needed my help as much.

Lyd just sent me her first paper of the semester to edit. It's actually quite good and I only saw a few tiny errors. It was interesting too because she had to compare her religious background and beliefs with three of her friends. The way a person is raised really impacts one's beliefs.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:56 pm

I'm around but staying cool from the 44C days either in the pool of in an airconditioned room amusing grandchildren.

Chrissy

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Oh…and thanks to Alison for her URL help.

:)

Chrissy

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Hello, It is me, Jay and I finally got round to pop in here. My year began computerless as my special eyegazer computer monitor died around mid-December. I had limited time on one of my nurse's laptop & Mom's desk top ; Mom bought me a laptop so I don't have to squeeze into her room. My computer's company early this week finally fixed it (they had to recalculate the repair cost as we paid out of pocket-around $100.00 plus shipping).
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Jay it's so good to see you. Sorry to hear you have been having problems with your computer but glad you figured them out. I've missed you beating me in Word too though there are enough others who can do that!

Chrissy, I have to say my initial thought was that 44 degrees sounds like the perfect weather than I remembered it was in Celsius. I still think I would prefer my single digit Fahrenheit over your balmy Celsius. :brrr I don't think there is anyway I could tolerate numbers in the triple digits here! Though 111 is an awesome number, it wouldn't be so cool if it were the temperature ( and no I didn't intend the pun but think it's a nifty fit) :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:54 am

I don't worry about taxes. I figure they stole it from my check, they can keep it. :lol:

JAY.. nice seeing you back. Being the only guy on here was starting to give me a complex. :mrgreen:

Chrissy, 44 isn't so bad, as long as the fires don't start up again in your area.

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:47 pm

Pup! You are joking right? You could have a refund coming or worse could owe and have penalties. If you ever need help on the taxes I'd help you with them!
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:50 am

I have checked my taxes and yes I should be getting a refund, me not asking is my way of telling them I don't care. They are a bunch of thieves. It isn't you paying taxes, they take it no matter what you do. And all it pays for is to allow the government to be.. well the government. The don't really do anything except come up with better ways to complicate things.

So please do yourself a favor, don't try getting me to talk about my goverment views. They stole the money, they can keep it.

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:31 pm

It's been years since I needed to file because my income is so low. Not that I'm complaining! :mrgreen:

Monday the library was closed, so I went to get some money out at the ATM, took the bus to Target, bought a 50 gallon bin with lid, and had to take two buses to get it to the church. Turned off the alarm, got the shed key, and spent about 45 minutes putting the contents of the last 3 cardboard boxes in my storage into the bin. I even found the zippered pouch that has my birth certificate in it--now I can apply for Medi-Cal!
Then I went to the office, used my netbook to keep up with my email, and visited my favorite sites. While doing that, I heard a noise, but nothing came of it, so I thought it was nothing. Finally, I went to the sanctuary to add a new song to the database in the sound booth--and set off the alarm! How did that happen? I called Pastor and left a voicemail; he didn't respond. I shut the alarm off, put the song into the computer, and left, setting the alarm again. The alarm doesn't reach the offices, and I don't know if it turns itself back on if it doesn't detect movement within a specified time, or if it can be turned on or off remotely--Pastor knew I was there--I have to wait until Thursday to ask him.
My next goal for this year is each month for the next 3 months I will buy an underbed box and organize stuff in the closet, my bedside table, dresser and 3 drawer tower. After that, I'll buy another file box and move the inactive files from my current file box--Tripod's old vet records, tax files, clippings, etc.-- so there'll be more room in my active file
box. Then get a new 3" binder--friends gave me two already--and I can put my newsletters like Cat Watch, Cat Nip, and AARP Bulletin in those, and bundle up my magazines. Get everything neat and tidy. That should take until June. After that, I don't know if I'll have any projects, just have to wait and see.

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi all!

I like tax time too. It's one of the few ways that I get to put my math skills to use. My oldest daughter is taking grade 10 math this year and it is a little challenging to homeschool her. When she needs math help, I have to go back a bit in the book and refresh. I enjoy the challenge though. :)

Pup, before my husband and I got married, Kevin would just send all his tax papers to the government and make them figure it out. He never filled out anything. He didn't get back all that he could have, but it was his little way of rebelling. :?
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:49 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:I have checked my taxes and yes I should be getting a refund, me not asking is my way of telling them I don't care. They are a bunch of thieves. It isn't you paying taxes, they take it no matter what you do. And all it pays for is to allow the government to be.. well the government. The don't really do anything except come up with better ways to complicate things.

So please do yourself a favor, don't try getting me to talk about my goverment views. They stole the money, they can keep it.

Hm I won't harp too much but you can make it so they don't take anything but what is absolutely necessary from your taxes and it is your money. If it;s a political view then I'll leave it alone but if it's more of a hassle to let them keep than to get money back (possible thousands of dollars) then let me help. Plus wasn't I supposed to be getting a poem from you?

Also DeeJay they have incentives to encourage people to work so even though you may not be required to fill out a form, you still may want to check it out and see if you qualify for any of the numerous credit (most are for those with kids or college fees but there are others too)

Okay I'll back off on the taxes. I should be editing not perusing the boards but I didn't sleep last night and needed a helping of FW to get me going Bob-o is nicely vacuuming my floor while I sit at the desk. Other than my bed this is one of the best things that have helped my health and allowed me to get things done that were hard to do before. It supposedly has dirt sensors and if it finds an especially dirty spot (which is whole house) It'll go in circles. Well, I don't mean to start any gossip but I think Bob-O has a thing for the rug in front of the door because every day he focuses on that and runs him self into circles until he is plum tuckered out. :clown
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Okay I put this little stuff animal on the monitor and I went to check on Bob-O and saw it out of the corner of my eye and thought some varmint was getting ready to pounce. All I can say is it's a good thing I like pink because I can still match my pjs when I go change my drawers. :oops:
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler