To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Allison » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:45 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Good outfit for you Shortstuff. Almost look like one of my old school teachers. Is that your mom?

The one in the green sweater in the second picture? Uh.... no. That's one of my friends, who is actually younger than I am. But I'll take that as a compliment for my mom, not as an insult to my friend. ;)
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:38 pm

WooooHooo it's Becky. Love that Grinch hat. And Rachel.. that is not sledding, thats sitting in the snow. :mrgreen:

And Shortstuff.. I did not mean it to seem like that, I saw shortness and thought family. My bad. :sorry
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:23 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:And Rachel.. that is not sledding, thats sitting in the snow.

Yes! We just sit on sleds and make it look like we go sledding. :wink:
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:10 pm

Ms. Barbie wrote:Hello all! Just realized it's been nearly a week since I lurked. :lol: Work has been crazy busy. Two of my group homes had annual state licensing- a week apart. It's a stressful time during the 3-day surveys. I've had a client who suddenly coded when she was being seen in urgent care for minor problem. She was intubated and transported to hospital. She was in ICU 9 days on a vent. before coding again. Her family had decided just the day before to have a "Do not Resuscitate" on her. :( I could not go to the graveside service due to the licensing showing up. That was kind of bittersweet, as it was held at the same cemetery were my dad and aunt are buried. I've not been there since my aunt died about 12 years ago. I felt obligated to go, but really did not want to go. Does that make sense?

Still waiting to get a date for my hip replacement surgery. Hope it's soon.

Ahh Barb so sorry I missed this. I totally get it. I would go the long way around to avoid my mom's house and the cemetery across the road. I'm sure the whole thing was hard.

I can't believe a whole week has gone by. Things have been crazy. I've been having lots of panic attacks. Spent Christmas in M's bathroom puking. Then had to house/dog sit for in-laws.

I got a nice camera for Christmas. Now if only I could take pics like Barb and Shelley.

Beautiful pictures everyone. Hugs and love
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

david_ian

Postby david_ian » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:06 am

Allison wrote:So for those who didn't see them on Facebook, here are a couple of pictures of 1940s me. This is me in my costume for the musical I was in at church. It was a lot of work, but I had SO much fun doing it. This Sunday at church, I was walking up to people who were in the cast with me and saying "I haven't seen you for a whole WEEK!" :)

Looks like you are having a lot of fun, Allison. '40s is a fun time to dress up!

8)
Pick for The Week Link: FOR FUN Hero and Nemesis Have "The Talk" <--Click Here

David's Writings, Musings & FOR FUN

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein '

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:51 am

Kylie's apparently really into "bling" and she loves pink. I like that she's all princess-y. She's also quite a daredevil and may enjoy extreme sports. :D What a character!

Having a nice visit with family but as always, it's too short. Got my whole family's personality tests done, though, and the only one I guessed right was my dad. If you don't know your type, here's the quick and easy test here: http://www.celebritytypes.com/test.php It's not 100% accurate, but gets pretty close. Had a bunch of my coworkers take it and it's been enlightening to realize how our different personalities play into doing the same job.

Can't sleep. Darn night shift. Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:53 am

Haha! I've never used the mobile photobucket! Oh well, it'll make y'all turn your heads, lol.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:21 pm

:shock:

David???

You actually stopped by our OOoooh sooo humble thread. 8)

He must be really bored. :roll:

So glad to see you drop by the site again. We were just talking about the old wacky days around here. Not that I am calling good David wacky, but he was a major contributer in those days. :wink:

..and for the record, I like the 17th century meself, even if I do get strange looks when I wear the cutlass. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:36 pm

It is nice to see you David and if you were looking for the wackiest on FW you came to right place!

Glad everyone seems to be coping with the holidays. Barb make sure you let us know when you get scheduled for surgery. I bet Allison could give you some pointers (or scare your pants off) :sofa :sofa
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:29 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:WooooHooo it's Becky. Love that Grinch hat.

:wink: :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:06 pm

Has this ever happened to anyone?

You're eating something, and it's an okay day, and what you're eating is something you like, maybe you eat it every day, but it's nothing spectacular. Then, all of a sudden, you take a bite, and it hits you--Oh, my gosh, is this DELICIOUS! Next and subsequent bites, however, are the same as the others.

Or maybe things are a bit hassled, then they've calmed down, and you're not thinking of anything in particular. You either get a thought about something, or you see/hear/smell something, and it hits you--Oh, my gosh, that is BEAUTIFUL/SO TRUE/WONDERFUL!

I think God does that to gently nudge us out of complacency, and give us a much-needed bit of "attitude of gratitude."

The reason I ask is that I've been getting this quite a bit lately.

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:09 pm

Yes, I do get that at times! I love what you wrote: "attitude of gratitude." I'm going to look for those moments and be grateful for them. Thanks for your insight!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Now that's weird. I put a post on here with a pic. I even got a notification of the next post. My post was there then but after the next notification, my post had gone.Do we have grremlins in here?

Chrissy

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Cyber monkies :o
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:56 am

First things first.. DJ.. Yes, about half way through eating a batch of my fudge. And of course I have to eat the rest... just to make sure, mind you. :mrgreen:

Chrissy.. it could only happen to you. Those monkeys have it in for you. :lol:

Now... having a bad back and catching a cold is not a good combo. Started coughing on my way to work, back went pop, I said OOWWWWW. But dumB old me tried to work anyway. Oh well, at least I have four days off to rest up. :(

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler