To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Rebecky » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Dunno if any of you are Trekky's but I got my dad a Tribble for Christmas :P

OH and tribble slippers that purr when you walk. :lol:
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:48 pm

Hmm getting lost that definitely comforts me! Seriously?! My heart rate goes up when I watch people on TV go into small spaces, but believe it or not big spaces scare me too. Besides I have the little blue box with a Santa cap on it right next to me on the desk and I don't even think my toe would fit in there!
Shari has plans she is going to use it to come see me and try out my new bed (when it comes) and watch the Sound of Music with me. Now if you want to hitch a ride I'm sure she'd let you come, but you'd have to sit on the floor. Phin gets jealous when the cat gets on the bed. He'd totally freak if I let a Pup on. :tongue

Oh I was just going to ask Pup to shout out to Becky because I thought she might answer him and now I see she came back. It's nice to see ya again me dear. :D No I don't know what tribbles or whatever are but I bet my husband does. And Amy cuz she's a nerd too I forget is it a geek? No nerds like sci-fi geeks are smart right? :tongue
I got to stick out my tongue twice! Better get to work. Oh what a mess we have between tearing the bathroom up and switching bedrooms...man you wouldn't believe what we are finding under the beds. :redface2 :helpwobble I don't know how it'l all be done by the time the kids come home.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:11 pm

IT'S ON!!!

i AM 16 GOING ON 17 TRAALLLALLALALA
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:23 pm

Some people prefer nerd, some geek. I prefer geek :)

I have an unofficial tribble (just watched Trouble with Tribbles with the kids the other day), it's a furry ornament my sister got me that we named a tribble, but it's not soft.

The Sound of Music is a great production. I'll probably get the DVD of it, and I'll be getting Day of the Doctor as well. I haven't bought any DVDs in ages.

Jolynn's dancing around, Eileen's singing along - confused by the songs that are in the stage production that weren't in the movie lol. I'm reliving memories of playing in the pits.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:06 pm

I had to wait so long for the page to post I totally forgot what I was going to say!

Ahh it came back. Shari playing in the pits sounds kind of sad! :lol:
Shann

Shann's Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:30 pm

Shann wrote:IT'S ON!!!

i AM 16 GOING ON 17 TRAALLLALLALALA

At first I was offended that they were making a re-make of The Sound of Music, but a friend me straight. I then saw the making of it and it totally changed my opinion.

I've heard My Favorite Things a thousand times from 3rd to the 6th grade in music class. I was too shy to sing though.

Oh there is a difference between nerd, geek, and dork. Refer to diagram here:
http://www.greatwhitesnark.com/2010/03/25/difference-between-nerd-dork-and-geek-explained-in-a-venn-diagram/
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Shann wrote:I had to wait so long for the page to post I totally forgot what I was going to say!

Ahh it came back. Shari playing in the pits sounds kind of sad! :lol:

:lol:

Perhaps "pit stops" at the car races... :roll:

Chrissy

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Keep Lyd and her housemate in your prayers. Someone gave her friend a date rape drug. Lyd is taking her to the hospital. I can't believe there are so many creeps in the world. But am glad Lyd could be there for her and that they got her home before anything else happened to her. Just last week, a guy from her school here (she's in Ireland right now) died last week. He was leaving a party and I guess fell asleep on a bench and died from exposure. It was in the single digits and he was dressed in light clothes. He was reported missing for a day before they found him. He lived on her floor last year so she knew him, but not well. It's a scary world out there.

They are back from hospital and the girl is doing much better. Lyd isn't overlly impressed with the hospital there. They really didn't do much, but at least she got checked out and is safe. I'm so proud of how Lyd took care of her and thankful nothing bigger happened. It is sad that there are people like that all over the world. I was naive enough to think it didn't happen everywhere. I also was aware enough to tell all of my kids to be aware of taking drinks from an open cup. I almost was too diligent because they'd get annoyed with me because they don't go to a lot of parties and when they do they are designated driver but even soda can be laced with something. Now I'm glad I was a nag!

Will be praying for you Allison. Hugs
Shann

Shann's Profile

Allison

Postby Allison » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:47 am

Hi! I haven't been posting much lately, but I have been lurking a bit.

I would love some prayers for the huge Christmas production at my church. We're less than a week out now, and things are coming together, but there are still a number of rough patches. (I'd say more, but would rather not on a public forum. Fell free to message me for details, if you'd like.) From Saturday, Dec. 7th to Sunday Dec. 15th all of us involved in the production will be going non-stop. We have rehearsals Dec. 7th to the 10th and the performances are the 11th to the 15th.

We are really hoping this will be a huge outreach to the area. We are partnering with the Salvation Army, and a portion of ticket sales will go to them. We are having a number of other activities associated with this, including a soup and salad dinner, and a "history museum" where we'll have all sorts of items from the 1940s prior on display. (The musical takes place in 1947). We are basically turning the entire main floor of our church into a 1940s "town square."

So I may not be on much, starting tomorrow, until Dec. 16th. I think over the next 8 days, I will be away from home more than I'll be at home, and that includes the sleeping hours!

We'd especially love prayers for the health and safety of everyone involved, but especially the main actors and actresses,as we have no understudies. I do not have a main part. Oh, and prayers for energy and stamina would also be greatly appreciated!
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Yikes, Shann! That's so scary. I'm so glad that nothing serious happened to Lyd's roommate and that she could be there for her friend.
I'm praying for you, Allison.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:59 pm

Allison wrote:I would love some prayers for the huge Christmas production at my church. We're less than a week out now, and things are coming together, but there are still a number of rough patches.

Will do.

Chrissy

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:11 am

Shann you should be proud your daughter has such a caring heart.

Short Stuff.. You going to try getting a video of it this year? (hint hint hint :wink: )
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Allison

Postby Allison » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:34 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Shann you should be proud your daughter has such a caring heart.

Short Stuff.. You going to try getting a video of it this year? (hint hint hint :wink: )

I know it will be recorded. If, when, and how I can get a copy of it, I have no idea. :) But I promise I will at least have pictures.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:41 am

Well...my husband and I watched the first 2 episodes of Dr. Who, and I just have to say that it was...um...the strangest thing I've ever seen. I don't want to offend anyone! (I know some of you are pretty serious about this show! :D ) But killer mannequins? Maybe British TV is out of my league. I'm willing to accept that the problem is me and not the show, or maybe some people are into Sci Fi and others are NOT.

Signed,
Dazed and confused :sofa
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:44 pm

RachelM wrote:Well...my husband and I watched the first 2 episodes of Dr. Who, and I just have to say that it was...um...the strangest thing I've ever seen. I don't want to offend anyone! (I know some of you are pretty serious about this show! :D ) But killer mannequins? Maybe British TV is out of my league. I'm willing to accept that the problem is me and not the show, or maybe some people are into Sci Fi and others are NOT.

Signed,
Dazed and confused :sofa

Should I educate her on the finer points... It wasn't the mannequins that were the killer, but the Nesteen conscience that was controlling them with thought control. :shock:

(Don't worry guys, I won't say any more. Get me going and I wont stop, but I will be good. This time. :tongue )

It's okay Rachel, I forgive you. The Doctor is a hard show to follow if you aren't into that sort of thing to start with. I got hooked back when I was seven. You probably would have liked the older shows back then. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler