To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby deejay » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:37 pm

I totally forgot to tell you this, but on Nov. 23, Yahoo! had a Doctor Who icon; it showed the Tardis spinning through the word Yahoo, and when it go to the end, it turned into the exclamation point. I understand Google has several Doctor Who doodles. One that I saw had all the Doctors running along the top of the word Google.
Last edited by deejay on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:44 pm

My husband said he was going to ban bing because it was the only one who didn't celebrate Dr Who's 50th anniversary. :?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:05 am

Sounds like I should check out Dr. Who! :D I honestly never heard of it before I read about it here. We haven't watched any TV shows (besides Little House on the Prairie and Waltons on DVD) for over 10 years, but now we have Netflix and I noticed they had Dr. Who.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:58 am

JesusPuppy wrote:((RED)) Hiya sis, glad you finally decided to stop by What you mean hiding? We are not hiding, we're right here. And by the way, I didn't know Doctor Who was in theaters, where did you go to see it. Or was it at Comic-Con?

Doctor Who got started and it is fantastic.

Yes it is, the best all time show, and the longest running, but I won't get started on that, and I am sure most will thank me. :wink: .

I can only dream that I could afford to see it at Comic-Con lol.

Yeah, we got to see it in 3D at a local theater, there was a website that showed what theaters it could be found in, as it was a limited release. I a bit more than I would normally pay for a movie, but it was 3D, that the two kids and one senior ticket were a bit cheaper helped lol. Normally we only go to matinees, but this was a once in a life time event, and it was sold out. I found out about it from a Facebook Doctor Who group I'm in. So we had three generations of Doctor Who fans go :)

Dad and I discovered it back in the Tom Baker days on PBS, and then another PBS station started showing the 1st - 4th, and the other one from the 4th - 7th. Our kids have watched some of the classics, but not all - not even close, just the handful on Netflix, for now. They seen up through what's on Netflix/Hulu of the new, so they still need to see the last half of the most recent season.

Just a word of caution to those wanting to discover Doctor Who, there are two spin off shows, the Sarah Jane Adventures, geared toward kids and wonderful, featuring one of the all time favorite companion of most fans, Sarah Jane Smith. Then there's Torchwood, which features Captain Jack, a character from New Doctor Who. It is NOT family friendly. He is really funny, BUT has extremely loose morals (putting it mildly), which is mentioned briefly in Doctor Who, but is shown in Torchwood - I regret watching it at all.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:05 am

We'll be watching The Sound of Music on Thursday. Eileen saw the ad and we need to make sure we're home from Cub Scouts on time that night. I watched the Making of on Hulu (computer only, can't access it through the Wii), and was tearing up while they were going through the kids' auditions and I rarely ever cry watching anything. I played in the pits for a local theater production of The Sound of Music (and Camelot and Annie) many summers ago. It was a lot of fun. Dress rehearsals were always the best - the cast kept trying to crack each other up. Funniest moment, Maria's entrance for the wedding - with a pillow stuff under her dress lol.

Shann wrote:Hey Shari glad you popped in too! We are a bit wacky but that shouldn't surprise you too much! I think I'm the only one who isn't into Dr Who. My husband likes it though. I'm all excited about the live Carrie Underwood production of the Sound of Music but no one will be here to watch it with me which is part of the fun. So I asked Chris if he'd watch it and he said You didn't watch the 50th anniversary of Dr Who.

I said that he didn't ask, but if he had I would (of course I'm sure I would have peppered him with questions because I know nothing other than a weird sounding call box or phone booth okay I'll admit I know it's called a tardis or something like that but only because Lyd got him a tree ornament last year and it's on the desk) but I digress (Again!) his answer was I'd never ask you to watch something I know you wouldn't like. Now personally I think he'd like the Sound of Music... :wink:

So does anyone want to come to NY to watch the Sound of Music with me?
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:31 am

OOoo I forgot about the 3D showing. Then too the closest place for me to see it probably would have been Portland. :roll:

But as I do have ALL the others, well those that still have video, (and all of Sarah Jane) you should come out for a visit and watch them begining to end. It should only take about 6 months... if you don't mind going without much sleep. :lol:

As for the online Icons, I will keep me Puppy if you don't mind. But..... I do have a sonic screwdriver. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:13 pm

I think the icons were on the website for the 50th anniversary though I'm sure you could get one for an avatar if you wanted, but I would totally be discombobulated if you switched your avatar Pup... Unless you switch it to a curmudgeonly pup :tongue

So Shari, does that mean you're coming to WNY after cub scouts to watch it with me? I know Amy is planning on watching it. I'm tivoing it. I wonder if we could watch together on Hangouts or Skype. I'd be willing to watch it twice. What time zone are you in Shari? Eastern or Central?

Oh and I took the plunge despite my fears and my first picture book is on Amazon and CreateSpace. Https://
It's called Tie My Shoe and Rachel's the illustrator. If anyone does buy it, I'd be so grateful for a fair and honest review on Amazon. It's an ABC book geared for ages 3 to 6 (give or take a year or two).

Becky where for art though? I miss you. :hugkiss
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:01 am

I'm one of the few who have never seen Dr. Who!

I'm so proud of you, Shann, for doing the book! In fact, it will be my "T" post for the alphabet blog meme this week. Just in time, for I could not think of something that began with T that would be interesting, and then your announcement came on Facebook. YAY!
:party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :thankssign
Barb Culler

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Ahh Barb thanks. It was scary. I had to have Amy submit it for me because I freaked out whenever I tried to. Nice to have friends who love me despite my quirkiness. :thankssign (that includes all of you BTW)
Shann

Shann's Profile

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:15 pm

If I had the TARDIS, I'd take both Pup and you up on that lol. We can't record it, so we'll have to watch it live, or on Hulu the next day, assuming it will load, since the making of is on there.

Congrats on the book!

Shann wrote:I think the icons were on the website for the 50th anniversary though I'm sure you could get one for an avatar if you wanted, but I would totally be discombobulated if you switched your avatar Pup... Unless you switch it to a curmudgeonly pup :tongue

So Shari, does that mean you're coming to WNY after cub scouts to watch it with me? I know Amy is planning on watching it. I'm tivoing it. I wonder if we could watch together on Hangouts or Skype. I'd be willing to watch it twice. What time zone are you in Shari? Eastern or Central?

Oh and I took the plunge despite my fears and my first picture book is on Amazon and CreateSpace. Https://
It's called Tie My Shoe and Rachel's the illustrator. If anyone does buy it, I'd be so grateful for a fair and honest review on Amazon. It's an ABC book geared for ages 3 to 6 (give or take a year or two).

Becky where for art though? I miss you. :hugkiss
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:31 pm

I don't think I would fit into the phone booth thingies... If you did manage to cram me in with you and Pup I think my claustrophobia would take hold. Of course that would give Pup an excuse to smack me in the head...

Right now I'm feeling pretty miserable. Stupid shingles. Plus kids will be home soon and the house is upside down. Still no sink in bathroom plus we're switching rooms around so the new mattress will be back in the bigger room. Q used to have a room in basement but it would flood so we switched things around. Now that everyone is pretty much gone I want bigger room back. I'm hoping to feel well enough to paint it and the bathroom. There is so much stuff to do and I feel horrible.
Shann

Shann's Profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:59 am

Sorry your feeling terrible, Shann. :(

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some of those books!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:55 am

Here is link for my book in case anyone wants to buy one. We are working on converting it to an ebook too and by we I mean Amy! :mrgreen: https://www.createspace.com/4544087
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:49 am

Starting count down to the Sound of Music! Hmm let's see how my math is with this horrible headache. 11hours, 17 minutes now, but I need to wait until 11:11:11
So I'll serande you all... Good thing you can't hear me since I can't carry a tune in a bucket!

Doe a deer a female deer
Ray a drop of golden sun
Me a name I call myself
Fa a long long way to run
Sew a needle pulling thread
LA a note to follow so
Tea a drink with jam and bread
And that brings us back to Doe again and to 11:11:11
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 am

Now Shann, the Tardis is dimentionally transindental.. meaning it is bigger on the inside, and even as an exploding sun inside as a power source. I am pretty sure it woulkd have room enough for little ole you. :roll: Actually there have been a few in the past who actually got lost in there.

And Red.... if you had a Tardis, You better come get me. That would definately be a reason for hunting you down. :P
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler