To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

DJGray
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby DJGray » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:11 am

Okay, so I note that JesusPuppy is one of the males here, but beyond that, HE was born in Kansas and moved to the Pacific Northwest too. Coincidence? :fingerwag HA!!! I think not. It's a conspiracy.

We're taking over. You have been warned!!

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:31 am

Look at the cheeks on that little guy... Umm I mean.. umm. Nice group of kids you have there Rachel. :mrgreen: But really, they do look to be a handful.

Shann wrote:I'm not afraid,Pup, bring it on! I know--you could mess up my diet and send me pounds of vanilla or peanut butter fudge. :mrgreen:

(This was on computer but apparently never got submitted, so I'm doing it now.) You guys have been quite chatty of late which is super cool cuz I miss the chattiness me being so shy and all. :mrgreen: Then as I scanned back I see it was on there so now I'll use it as a hint!

You don't even like chocolate, but...

She... is going to study in Ireland for a semester.

Think they would let her take a dog with her. He is well behaved, for the most part, and he is house broken. :wink:

Oh, and DJ..? I didn't move, I was kicked out.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:18 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:He is well behaved, for the most part, and he is house broken.

:heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:52 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Look at the cheeks on that little guy... Umm I mean.. umm. Nice group of kids you have there Rachel. :mrgreen: But really, they do look to be a handful.

Shann wrote:I'm not afraid,Pup, bring it on! I know--you could mess up my diet and send me pounds of vanilla or peanut butter fudge. :mrgreen:

(This was on computer but apparently never got submitted, so I'm doing it now.) You guys have been quite chatty of late which is super cool cuz I miss the chattiness me being so shy and all. :mrgreen: Then as I scanned back I see it was on there so now I'll use it as a hint!

You don't even like chocolate, but...

She... is going to study in Ireland for a semester.

Think they would let her take a dog with her. He is well behaved, for the most part, and he is house broken. :wink:

Oh and I would never let Lyd take Phin (spell check changed it to pain which is quite funny cuz Lyd thinks he is a pain, especially when he sneaks into her room and chews things) to Ireland I'D miss him too much. But you on the other hand...I would miss too so sorry guess you'll have to stay here. Grouping has a great deal for an Ireland trip. It's even in the same county as her college. For $800 you get airfare, 7days at resort and a car rental. I so want to go, but since my panic attacks to Florida were pretty bad probably flying overseas might not be such a good idea. Plus Chris used vacation time for Florida cuz we didn't think we could afford Ireland but I want to go so much.

Oh, and DJ..? I didn't move, I was kicked out.

Well that's why I told you to send vanilla or peanut butter because I don't like chocolate or coffee. And the scariest thing is that isn't even the weirdest thing about me. :mrgreen:

Welcome Damien, I'm glad you popped in and said hi. Over the regulars do keep dropping by less and less we may have more males here than females. Aughhh what a scary thought! I'll drag Holly and Amy back, Becky you keep the guys under control u til then. :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:54 pm

Shann wrote:Oh what a beautiful family. I'd show mine, but all that computer stuff is over my head which Is one of the reasons I fell in love with a computer geek. Otherwise I'd have had to marry a glass repairman to fixed all The windows when I throw The computer through them. Computers and I have a tenuous relationship.

This idea of marrying a glass repairman so you could freely through computers through windows totally cracked me up. I know how you feel! I think that I am a fairly patient person, but computers routinely push me to the limit!

JesusPuppy wrote:Look at the cheeks on that little guy... Umm I mean.. umm. Nice group of kids you have there Rachel. But really, they do look to be a handful.

They're totally a handful! Still, there is nothing in the whole world that I'd rather be doing. This mothering thing is crazy hard, but I believe it is eternally important. I think too that when my kids are all grown up, I'll look back on this wildly busy time as the happiest days of my life.

DJGray wrote:In keeping with the Pacific Coast theme, I'm about as far North and West as you can be and still be in the Continental US. I'm on Bellingham Bay, and could throw a rock into Canada from my back deck.

I guess I also having some Pacific Coastal heritage. :D I grew up on a tiny Island between Vancouver Island and mainland B.C. (Canada) It was such a beautiful place to grow up! We lived right on a rock bluff that over looked the ocean for several years. I can't imagine a place with more beautiful sunsets! My husband and I moved to Northern B.C. 10 years ago and it has it's own beauty. I think that I'm going to start cross-country skiing. It's important for the sake of sanity to learn to enjoy snow up here!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

DJGray
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby DJGray » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:14 pm

RachelM wrote:I grew up on a tiny Island between Vancouver Island and mainland B.C. (Canada) It was such a beautiful place to grow up! We lived right on a rock bluff that over looked the ocean for several years. I can't imagine a place with more beautiful sunsets!

Wow. That had to be stunning.

Allison

Postby Allison » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:44 pm

I just crash the parties.... both here AND on the "southern porch." I'm born and raised in Missouri, and haven't been out of the state for longer than 10 days at a time. :lol: But I figured since there's no "Midwest Farmer's Market" that I'd just crash the other two threads. :D Or something like that. But no one seems to mind, so I just plop my happy self down both places, when I feel like it.

Oh, and in case you didn't see on Facebook, I made my final payment for my student loans this past week! :superhappy I knew I was close, but when I saw just HOW close I was, I decided to just pay the rest off in a lump sum.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:22 am

Yay, Allison!!! How exciting to be totally DONE!!! :superhappy

We're still working on that goal. :roll: Next up is the car, though, because that's the highest payment.

Welcome, Rachel & DJ. I grew up north of Seattle but south of Everett, and have been through Bellingham and to B.C. and the (Vancouver) Island multiple times. Maybe in one of my pictures I have your island, Rachel. I have some great shots from the top of Mt. Malahat between Victoria and Nanaimo. I always enjoyed my trips to Victoria. We're headed back to WA to see family right after the conference but I have to be back in time to work at 7pm on the 4th, so we'll be taking off early that Wednesday. Did I read right that we'll meet you at the conference, DJ? You'll get to enjoy Pup's fudge (even the one he's experimenting with for me, right? :mrgreen: ) and meet all us crazy folks. I'm the one in (unofficial) charge of social interaction after hours in the lobby. :lol: Be prepared for some Things and Balderdash. And maybe Telephone. Some good fun.

I did have a slow night last night because we only had one (induction) labor patient and two antepartums, who are pretty much stable and don't like to be bothered at night. I helped Evelyn when she got an admission around 5am, but she still hadn't delivered by 7am so no deliveries on our shift. I love my job, and I miss doing it when I'm just sitting around. I did some mandatory computer education, though, so the night wasn't completely lost.

Now I have a laundry list of items to get through tonight. I really should go to the gym at some point because I haven't been in over a week. And I need to plan a few dinners for this week, and maybe bake some granola bars and make ice cream. And make sugar water for the feeders: it's one part sugar to four parts water, no coloring added because it harms the birdies. Just stir to mix, then bring to a boil, then cool. As long as the feeder has red, it will draw the birds. Took about a month before they found it, and then about 2-3 weeks after that before OT got all possessive. :lol:

Okay, off for now. TTYL!

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:41 am

violin4jesus wrote:Welcome, Rachel & DJ. I grew up north of Seattle but south of Everett, and have been through Bellingham and to B.C. and the (Vancouver) Island multiple times. Maybe in one of my pictures I have your island, Rachel.

My island. :) I like that! I grew up on Cortes Island. My mom and grandparents still live there, so we go back for visits from time to time. To get to that isolated part of the world you go up island to Campbelle River, then take the ferry to Quadra Island, drive 15 min across Quadra and then take another ferry (45 min) to Cortes. That's right, from here (northern B.C.) that's 3 ferries one way!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:08 am

OK thanks, I think our feeder is one of those ones where the whole part that holds the liquid is red. Maybe my mom is just not patient enough lol
Dum Spiro Spero

DJGray
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby DJGray » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:15 am

violin4jesus wrote:Did I read right that we'll meet you at the conference, DJ? You'll get to enjoy Pup's fudge (even the one he's experimenting with for me, right? :mrgreen: ) and meet all us crazy folks.

:( Sadly, no. It was just too short a notice to pull it all together. It is, undoubtedly, something I'll want and need to do in the future. At the moment, life is controlled chaos, and the stress that accompanies that. It's a bummer, though, because the conference is SO close. That's a mere five hour drive from home, and that's if I drive slowly. Some Canadian friends from just north of us will be driving down, and we were originally considering carpooling with them.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:14 am

Rebecky wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:He is well behaved, for the most part, and he is house broken.

:heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee

Well it's true.

For the most part. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:27 am

RachelM wrote:My island. :) I like that! I grew up on Cortes Island.

Ah, I looked it up. The furthest north I have been is to Parksville for the sand castle contest, and I think Cortes would have been a distant spot from the water's edge there. I'm sure it is beautiful. I like visiting B.C. - it's not as crowded as it is even in Washington, and the natural scenery is breathtaking. A far cry from the oppressive noise and smog and imported water of L.A. But I do like the sun (it actually shines 90% of the time) down here, and the trees and flowers are so different - very bright and colorful. Every place has its perks, I guess. :wink:

I did fall asleep on the couch this time, and got to none of my tasks, because I'm re-reading a favorite book, and I almost never have time to read, so I just blew off my list. At least for last night. I'm off work again tonight, so I can get to everything, and will be more motivated. I don't have the chronic fatigue that some people have, but the general fatigue of working long hours sometimes catches up with me. And despite the fact that I don't have as physically demanding of a job as a laborer, my job is physical, mental, emotional, and even spiritual, so it takes a lot out of me. I did catch up the budget, though, and I get paid on Friday. I imagine we'll end up putting quite a bit on the credit card for our trip next week, so I'm thankful for the busy season coming up (roughly mid-July to mid-October). I can pull extra hours then. Of course, I'll probably get all kinds of calls begging me to come in when I'm in Portland & Seattle, and then all those extra shifts will disappear as soon as I get back. Seems to happen without fail.

We finally finished Doctor Who, and we're caught up to where everyone else is. Ryan found a group in L.A. that does Doctor Who based improv, so we're going this Saturday. It's so funny that we've become (even worse) nerds this quickly. I ordered Ryan a cover for his iPhone with the design of the Tardis. It probably won't get here until after we get back from our trip, though. I know he wants to order a few shirts, too. But now we have to find a new Netflix show that we both will like. I know, I know, we could watch the classic DW, but apparently Netflix only lists partial seasons, and doesn't have Pup's extensive collection. :lol:

Okay, off to get some (more) sleep for the day.

DJGray
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby DJGray » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:23 pm

violin4jesus wrote:We finally finished Doctor Who, and we're caught up to where everyone else is.

OH!! Your secret is out now. You're such a GEEK!! Image

Okay... I admit it. I am too. :wink:

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:23 pm

violin4jesus wrote: Did I read right that we'll meet you at the conference, DJ? You'll get to enjoy Pup's fudge (even the one he's experimenting with for me, right? :mrgreen: ) and meet all us crazy folks.

I'm sorry Leah, but I am totally offended!Image NOT ALL the crazy people will be there because I can't go! (Stomping off to cry myself to sleep) :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler