To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:51 am

I've never read the Sherlock Holmes book but have been watching Elementary on TV. Its one of my favorite new dramas. I also like Chicago Fire. I can't believe it took me a few episodes to realize Lt. Casey was Jesse Spenser from House. He got rid of Aussie accent and it took me a bit.Usually if I like a new show it gets cancel led. Touch was one of my face and they had a teaser in Sept with new season starting off at end of October and presto it never came back.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:01 am

Sparrow wrote: I'm LOVING the BBC Sherlock TV show. They are one of the first shows I've seen that actually can improve upon the story. They don't make them better exactly, but the changes to match the current time period and such really work quite well and are clever.

I've watched all 6 episodes of the BBC Sherlock and can't wait until the next so many come out. I Just LOVE that show.

Personally, I think the BBC does a better job with Sherlock than CBS does with Elementary. I watched only one episode of Elementary and hated it. Sherlock is definitely better, IMO.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:27 am

Rebecky wrote: :fingerwag

I admit it, I have horns. How else will my halo stay up?

Just do what I do....

...use an old metal coat hanger. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks guys...for wecoming back so warmly. I really have felt like a "flake" about my absence around here, but...as you see....mes got over it! :mrgreen:

Amykins...what's wrong with your sister? And, has anything happened with your benefits? I SOOOOO know what you mean about feeling like the universe is coming against you....actually, when you think about it...it is this world and the current ruler of it. he hates us to pieces and I believe that those of us who don't give up...no matter what, are come against even harder. So, keep plugging away and doing what you're doing with juggling writing, work and tiredness. SOMEthing's gotta break soon and it's isn't gonna be you!

I don't have time to explain in detail about a current adventure I'm on with two of my clients, but the jist is...two of the little rascals have found true love with one another and it's A D O R A B L E! They are both on disability so cannot get married (legally) without loosing most of their income, so I'm working on a "commitment ceremony" in the eyes of the Lord with witnesses. Cutest part...it's gonna be at a little old fashioned, country type, ho-down/trucker type food restaurant and EVERYONE they've invited are coming...along with bringing extra family members. The place holds 50 and we're up to 58! :shock: Thing is, the little guy has soooo many friends that just love him and most are quite younger. It's gonna be a kick! I'll share how it all works out and the scriptures we're using etc....

K...off to work guys...see ya later!

allcreaturesavatar.jpg
allcreaturesavatar.jpg (19.51 KiB) Viewed 842 times

I ALWAYS think of ewe guys when I see this group hug. We all put our best foot forward to comfort the hurting one. Does me heart good!!!!
Attachments
Untitled6.jpg
Untitled6.jpg (15.88 KiB) Viewed 842 times

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Actually, 555-1212 is a generic phone number, you dial it, you might get information, but not a human, most likely. It's used in ads, etc..

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:47 pm

deejay wrote:Actually, 555-1212 is a generic phone number, you dial it, you might get information, but not a human, most likely. It's used in ads, etc..

Yeah, they use those ones in tv shows and stuff.

Holly erased her number on her post and replaced it with the 555-1212 cause Shann said for her to take her number off so its not all over the net.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Leah instead of getting your Masters in nursing, go back and become a certified midwife, nurse practitioner, or PA and then you could deliver babies. There was a program here where you still worked full-time and got a doctor to sponsor you. I had everything all set when I started getting sicker and then couldn't do it. I never really liked nursing much except for OB.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:27 am

bth_Animalesmayas142.jpg
bth_Animalesmayas142.jpg (12.99 KiB) Viewed 836 times

Nighty-Nite all ewe little creature-critters...have sweet, warm, cozy dreams.

btw...Leahkins...I for one think you should follow teaching if that's where your heart is. Maybe it's a little less money, but it'll add years to your life to be doing something you enjoy and look forward to.

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:55 am

Oh my Holly Here been here twice in one day and like three days in a row! Have you checked to see if your aliens are still there Pup? We may need to get a rescue mission and save the real Holly! :tongue

Have you heard that the conference this year will be in Portland OR ( is that right?l Maybe you can go.

Poor Becky. She thought I had totally lost it ( no comments from the Pup Gallery) I had sent her a sleep text. When she asked me about it I cringed and checked my sent messages sure enough someone was texting last night. I blame it on Phin. He is getting smarter and smarter not to mention he gets blamed for everything.

So before I write another story while sleeping I think I'm going to try and sleep and breath--nothing else
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:43 am

Now Shann I am hurt. I would never say you had lost it. :(

Never. :?

Ever. :roll:

Cause I know a secret. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:52 am

Okay I'll walk right into it. What do you know? I never had it to begin with so how could I lose something I never had?
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:07 pm

Sorry... I can't tell. It wouldn't be a secret if I did. :tongue

JesusPuppy Profile

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:08 pm

Shann wrote:Oh my Holly Here been here twice in one day and like three days in a row! Have you checked to see if your aliens are still there Pup? We may need to get a rescue mission and save the real Holly! :tongue

Have you heard that the conference this year will be in Portland OR ( is that right?l Maybe you can go.

Poor Becky. She thought I had totally lost it ( no comments from the Pup Gallery) I had sent her a sleep text. When she asked me about it I cringed and checked my sent messages sure enough someone was texting last night. I blame it on Phin. He is getting smarter and smarter not to mention he gets blamed for everything.

So before I write another story while sleeping I think I'm going to try and sleep and breath--nothing else

Sleep texting....like totally funny....now my curiosity is like totally going....what did you text...or does that need to be a secret too? I can just picture Beckykins little face when she was reading it all puzzled and confused! LOL (I really did....well "chuckled" out loud)

btw...whose holly :?: She sounds scaaaaaaary

Untitled3.jpg
Untitled3.jpg (35.76 KiB) Viewed 829 times

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Sorry... I can't tell. It wouldn't be a secret if I did. :tongue

Brat! Plus you can tell me I won't tell a soul.:-)

Okay Holly I believe my text went something like this Sorry for not answering ( I did answer and she was worried about my memory loss) I dozed off for spell I did a lot and am payoimg for hit.

Now this am I found a text I was in middle of writing to Amy but don't think I sent it.Ow ow ow only about ten decibasld only about 100xz louder My SATs must be love ciz this feels like t being usbn that only I have access to I'd live your kitty beingtrysed. I need BR but s c I oct is so I don't think thdy sold doty ky I be ex pee bad but am afraid Ill fall and mess it all fys

I also wrote a story in sleep 11:11 I can't tell you how relieved that it wasn't totally inappropriate. I ended up in pool once when I dreamed kids were drowning had Chris wrestle car keys from my hand, woke up the road with dog on leash in nightgown and saved Lyd,s life when she was sick and in bed with me. Her spirit started to leave her body so I grabbed it and shoved it back in. No one came when I was screaming but once Lyd started then they came running. I still say I saved her life. I've also punched anyone who gets close enough to me when I wake up. I used to leave bruises on Chris so he started sleeping in other room. Even nurses in hospital have learned to stand at foot of bed and tug my toe if they need to wake me otherwise I wake up swinging
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:55 am

Shann wrote:Now this am I found a text I was in middle of writing to Amy but don't think I sent it. Ow ow ow only about ten decibasld only about 100xz louder My SATs must be love ciz this feels like t being usbn that only I have access to I'd live your kitty beingtrysed. I need BR but s c I oct is so I don't think thdy sold doty ky I be ex pee bad but am afraid Ill fall and mess it all fys

:shock: Huh? Was that what you thought you sent as a text to Amy or did you get a finger stuck in your keyboard again. :?

Luv ya Shann. :heehee

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler