To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

violin4jesus
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby violin4jesus » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Rebecky wrote:Says the woman who asks people what kind of underwear they wear as soon as she meets them... :mrgreen: :heehee

Touche!!! She does, doesn't she!

Becky, I won't beat a dead anything, but I do want to add that I am Miss Idea-less most of the time and writing takes a huge effort on my part. If you can spend hours writing in a forum like this, though, you might be a writer. Just saying. We write better what we know.

cdawson41
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby cdawson41 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:54 pm

I was raised on a farm with all the "normal" farm animals, had dogs and cats and used to raise and train Quarter Horses. Finding this conversation :rolling
Cynthia

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Profile Page FaithWriters
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=58736

My Web/Blog Page
http://cynthiad.weebly.com

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:38 am

Speaking of underwear and Shann's questions, what are granny panties? I've been wondering that....

:heehee

So I've been kinda sick the last few days, too. Not sure if I got a flu bug or what but it's bad timing since I have my big mega-important test on Saturday to get nationally certified. But yesterday was the worst so hopefully I'll be okay going to work tomorrow.

Leah, I'm having a hard time with the sleeping nights thing, too. I have to get up at 10 tomorrow and Saturday for the test it'll be earlier than that, but I couldn't sleep until about 5 AM last night.

Becky, I don't think being a writer has anything to do with how well you write. It only has to do with whether or not you have the desire to write. You don't even have to show your writing to anyone if you don't want. Some people just journal for themselves to help them process things. The more you do it, the better you get. And if you really want to grow and have the guts for it, then ask for some strong critiques from people whose writing you admire. That's how I grew to where I am and I'm always looking for more advice where ever I can get it.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:05 am

Granny panties are the briefs. pretty much anyway.

Anyway, well part of my problem is I can't handle critiquing normally. I'm so sensitive with things I write and everything else that it kills me when someone tears it apart.
Dum Spiro Spero

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Rebecky wrote:Anyway, well part of my problem is I can't handle critiquing normally. I'm so sensitive with things I write and everything else that it kills me when someone tears it apart.

I can relate. I think we all can somewhat relate because our writing is precious, and comes from the heart. For someone to tear it down strikes directly at who we are, or at least it feels like that. It is hard to receive criticism but when you know it will help you grow as a writer, it softens the blow just a little.

Well, I know some of you aren't (yet) Facebook friends so I'll share my pic here. My brother and his wife had their first baby - my first niece - early Tuesday morning. They tried to Skype me at one point but all I have is one pic that he took, and my parents took a few pics but none of them very detailed. Anyways, here's Miss Kylie May:
From her proud auntie. :wink:

Am bummed that I won't be able to visit until July most likely. But Ryan is flying up this weekend and will use either Skype or Facetime on his phone so I can video chat with them. And as an update, he did get the Whole Foods job!!! :superhappy We are very happy for him to be out of Walmart, but I am going to get as many needed items I can from them over the next two weeks before I lose my discount. :lol:

Okay, off to take Benadryl and wind down before bedtime. Up at 5:30am tomorrow for another day shift. It was so fun to deliver a baby on Sunday...am sooooo glad to be back doing what I love.

Have a good night all.

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:18 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Shann wrote:Oh Tiara and Becky I remember when Pup loved me enough to pick on me too but now I barely get a howdy-do :seeingstars

You are right I don't pick on you as much.. then too you have become more civilised, I am still working on those two. :wink:

awrghaethnbaet I resent that!!!!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:43 pm

I'll admit it. I'm uncivilized. lol
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:22 am

When did I go and get civilized? I live out in the middle of nowhere can't get much more uncivilized than that! Was it when I stopped talking about underwear? Cuz now that we have newbies again... (it ried really hard to write got instead of have so maybe I am civilized) And Becky was pretty much right. Granny panties are the huge underwear that Grandmas wear. Geez I thought everyone knew that.

And it does seem like SOMEONE scared them off because they haven't been on in a while. :mrgreen: :brrr
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:29 am

violin4jesus wrote:
Rebecky wrote:Says the woman who asks people what kind of underwear they wear as soon as she meets them... :mrgreen: :heehee

Touche!!! She does, doesn't she!

Becky, I won't beat a dead anything, but I do want to add that I am Miss Idea-less most of the time and writing takes a huge effort on my part. If you can spend hours writing in a forum like this, though, you might be a writer. Just saying. We write better what we know.

Hey! I beg to differ, I usually wait a little bit. Besides the most important thing is that the undies match your clothes. I've been late for things before because I had to find matching ones and when I didn't have any I had to change my whole outfit.

You can tell how awful I'm feeling if I don't care if my underwear matches or not. I am still upset that the nurses cut up my rosebud ones that perfectly matched my rosebud nightgown. I almost went to see Jesus that night. Imagine my horror if I had a relapse and didn't have matching underwear anymore. I tell you stop breathing, turn blue, let your O2 sats fall to 30 and your BP too low to palpate and a heartrate in the 40s and they go all scissor happy on me. Nurses! :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

cdawson41
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby cdawson41 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:55 am

I didn't get scared off, :D I have been lurking around a bit. The topic of underware is quite funny to be sure. I have such a story to tell on undies ahhh but there are guys here so I'm not sure I'm quite comfy enough to go there yet. :lol:

I have been busy these past few days. My daughter and I found the mother load of sales and at all places Lowe's. It has come to our attention that if a plant gets a brown leaf on it they don't just snip it off to help the plant out. The plant is assumed to be in distress so they put it on the clearance rack in hopes of getting rid of it before it dies and they make no money on it.

I would have to walk around the house and take a count, though I may not want to know the exact number lol. We have made three trips now and have come home with such an assortment of plants it's not even funny. We have not paid over $1 for any of them and got many for a quarter.

The plants range from African Violets, cactus, Deffenbacia, Peace Lillies, Orange,Red,Yellow and Pink Lillies, Ivy of several variations, Cali Lillies, and wow those are all the names I can come up with off the top of my head. I know there are several that were ten cents and we are simply clueless as to what they are, but giving it a shot anyway.

Our daughter is eleven and starting to get to the age where parents might not be so cool, yet her and I have discovered this love of indoor outdoor plants and it is really giving us some great bonding time. You have never seen such silly gooses as the two of us. We were thrilled this evening to find blossoms on the cucumber plants, Loofah reaching out and grabbing the arches and started to climb, baby tomatoes and baby green beans so tiny we could hardly see it, but it was there. We are over joyed with the size of the grapes on our single grape bush. We nearly dug it up because it had never done anything and this year it's gone crazy. We got three more blackberry bushes planted and then found the mother load of wild blackberries by the pond.

We have gone crazy enough over this that my web page is getting over run not only with pictures of all the plants, but updated pics as they grow. Baby tomato and Loofah pictures will be up tomorrow. LOL.

So that is where I have been except for today. I spend a great deal of time laying in bed. Yesterday I thought it wouldn't be such a big deal for me to use the push mower and try to mow around the raised garden beds. You know just a little to take some of the work load off of hubby. Boy oh boy was I wrong, that is a no no that I shall not take part in again and I hate it because I love mowing the yard, but even the rider is to bumpy as our house was build in what used to be a cow pasture. LOL. No smooth ride here.

Suppose I have chatted on long enough, can't sleep so was here just checking things out. I hope everyone is doing well and if you find that you have granny panties in your drawer for cryin out loud get rid of those things. :lol:
Cynthia

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

My Web/Blog Page

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:21 am

Shann wrote:Have you ever been beaten or kicked by a horse?

Yes... but I felt no anger towards the poor animal. As a matter of fact I didn't feel anything... for quite some time. :roll:

Shannabanana wrote:I don't want people thinking we're a bunch of wackos,

Too late, they all know. :lol:

JoyAnn wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:You are right I don't pick on you as much.. then too you have become more civilised, I am still working on those two. :wink:

awrghaethnbaet I resent that!!!!

You wouldn't if you were more civilised. :P
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:59 am

We have a garden growing out back that has tomatoes, cucumbers, summer squash, zucchini, radishes, bell peppers, strawberries and there are some potatoes came up on their own. :shock: :mrgreen:

We used to have a grape vine when I was younger. It never did that great except for one year. We also had strawberries when I was younger too.

I should go around and take photos of my moms flowers and of our garden so you can see them all if you enjoy plants so much, Cynthia. :mrgreen: (and some of the flowers I planted)
Dum Spiro Spero

cdawson41
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby cdawson41 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:57 am

Becky that would be awesome, I would love to see the pics of all your flowers.

Right now all we have going for garden is strawberry's, asparagus, green beans, about 26 tomato plants, Loofah, green peppers, cucumbers, basil, parsley, blackberries and grapes.

It's taking quite a bit of work because hubby is making all raised beds for me so that I can work in them. It's a little frustrating but time and money, you know how that goes. But by next summer it really should be pretty amazing looking.

Something about the gardens and flowers, working in them, getting your hands dirty, watching them grow and produce, it's a natural high for my hubby and I and our daughter seems to be following suit in that area as well.

Cynthia

My Web/Blog Page

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:07 am

What is loofah? lol
I've never heard of it. :shock:

Once I get dressed this morning I will go out and take some pictures and share them once I get them uploaded :D
Dum Spiro Spero

cdawson41
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby cdawson41 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:22 am

LOL most people don't realize what it is either. Have you ever gone to the store and bought one of those "sponges" that comes on a stick to wash your back with? It kind of a harder type "sponge" and normally are tan in color.

They are actually a type of gourd, you let them grow all summer long and stay on the vine to dry. Once dry you peel them, remove all the seeds and save for planting the next year, then cut the "sponge" part to the size you want.

We cut about 5 inch sections of it to use in the tub to bathe with and then some about that size we use for household cleaning etc. When they get dirty I just put them on the top rack in my dishwasher and they come out good as new. They really do save us a lot of money.

The thing about the ones you grow at home though, they are not as hard as the ones in the store. I'm not sure what it is they do to those but they are a bit to hard. LOL. If you check my site every once in a while I keep posting updated pics of it all as it goes.
Cynthia

My Web/Blog Page

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler