To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

cdawson41
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby cdawson41 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:17 am

CD I can sooo relate to the back pain. Mine is self inflicted though... falling off roofs and such through work... I have three disks out of alignment, and both legs are pretty much numb. BUT.. I wont go to a medicine "practicing" quack, last time I did they said I was going to die in a year from my heart. HA. That was 25+ years ago. I will just leave my health to The Professional, He knows what He is doing. :wink:

Thank you Pup. I sure wish I could say mine was self inflicted, it really would make it easier to deal with :( But I'm starting to get past all that.

[/quote]
Shann wrote:CONGRATULATIONS! TIARA FOR RANKING 10TH IN YOUR LEVEL! Happy Dance!! ! Also CONGRATULATIONS CYNTHIA FOR PLACING 7TH IN YOUR LEVEL!! ANOTHER HAPPY DANCE!! (I'm getting dizzier!)

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=42780 :party :party :rockon :rockon :shiney2 :party :party

Thank you Shann, I was really suprised to be in the top ten. And a big congrats to Tiara also. :clap

I've been down for nearly three days now. I'm so happy to be back up and around. I'm just really tired from all of it, so heading back to bed to hopefully get a little bit more of a nap in before I start my day.
Cynthia

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Profile Page FaithWriters
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=58736

My Web/Blog Page
http://cynthiad.weebly.com

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Rebecky » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:26 am

Congrats for placing Cynthia :)

Also, don't feel alone. Many of us here struggle with chronic pain. I myself struggle with chronic headaches and also chronic pain in my right foot, both knees and right shoulder from a car accident I was in nearly 2 years ago.
Dum Spiro Spero

cdawson41
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby cdawson41 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:38 am

Thank you Becky. So sorry to hear you were in an accident as well. I will be amazed to find out one of these days the reason for so many things.
Cynthia

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

My Web/Blog Page

cdawson41
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby cdawson41 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:45 am

I just want to share with you all that I'm tempted to write and post 49 comments saying various things. He he he, my silly pencil on the side just fipped over and got a little bigger, now just 49 more post and it will be bigger again. Soon enough it won't look like a baby pencil. :lol: So yes for the moment I can't get the pencil off my mind, it's a great way to keep from having to try and figure out what I'm going to do with this weeks challenge. I'm stumped and can't really get it straight in my mind.
Cynthia

My Web/Blog Page

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:47 am

I am also stumped with this weeks topic. :(
Dum Spiro Spero

cdawson41
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby cdawson41 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:58 am

I know and now I'm aggrivated with myself because I thought only getting one words was kinda hard, silly me a good lesson in being happy with what you have asking for more isn't a good idea. Now we have two words and I'm clueless.

Also I wanted to ask if anyone here knows the answer to two questions. I was looking for a link for the faithwriters email, it says now that 500 members can get a free email account and I can't find it. Also I can't find info on the authors portfolio page but can only find links that are asking me to pay for it. I thought that was also a freebie to 500 members?

I guess today is just going to be my day for confusion. :oops:
Cynthia

My Web/Blog Page

Kalnozoli Kate

Postby Kalnozoli Kate » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:21 pm

No clue for 'current events' for me either. :?:
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." [b][i]Ann Voskamp[/b][/i]

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:42 pm

Shann- I SO wanted to go to Harry potter world but we did Disney 1 day and they really wanted to do sea world so we ran out of time. Considering you basically have to buy a 2 day pass for $140 a person (the 1 day is only $10 cheaper). So we had to skip it this time :(

Sea world was fun and the sea lions show was the best! Especially cause Clide was having a rough day so they had to improvise a lot. Plus the roller coasters there are awesome!
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:03 pm

cdawson41 wrote:I know and now I'm aggrivated with myself because I thought only getting one words was kinda hard, silly me a good lesson in being happy with what you have asking for more isn't a good idea. Now we have two words and I'm clueless.

Also I wanted to ask if anyone here knows the answer to two questions. I was looking for a link for the faithwriters email, it says now that 500 members can get a free email account and I can't find it. Also I can't find info on the authors portfolio page but can only find links that are asking me to pay for it. I thought that was also a freebie to 500 members?

I guess today is just going to be my day for confusion. :oops:

Cynthia, check the main page after you log in to your account. Private messages should be right there in the front, and if you have a message pending, it should be flashing. As far as the portfolio goes, I'm not sure; you might want to message FW support.

I usually have to mull over the topic for several days before I come up with something to write. Sometimes I don't write them until Thursday just hours before the deadline! :shock:

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Wow took me awhile to catch up. I can't comment on everything cause I'm just on my phone and it takes forever. So hey everyone. I'm now in Phoenix where it's crazy hot!

Shann I tried to get the pilot to stopover but for some reason he wasnt interested ;) I told him how he was missing out on such a cool person but he kept going on about getting fired.... Some People.

Becks bummer about your sunburn. That can be so scary! Hope you are finding some relief.

Hullo to the rest of yous :)
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:32 am

CD wrote:He he he, my silly pencil on the side just fipped over and got a little bigger, now just 49 more post and it will be bigger again. Soon enough it won't look like a baby pencil. :lol: So yes for the moment I can't get the pencil off my mind, it's a great way to keep from having to try and figure out what I'm going to do with this weeks challenge.

Yes.. the pencils have always been a Growing concern. :wink:

CD wrote:Also I wanted to ask if anyone here knows the answer to two questions. I was looking for a link for the faithwriters email, it says now that 500 members can get a free email account and I can't find it.

The easy way... Go to the top of this page, you will see Members Login, Click that. BUT instead of signing into your account, scroll down just a little and look to the left side of the page. It will have the log in as well as the sign up.

Be sure to send a message to the big guys about the sign in with the 500 account... not sure if the have an added line for the free account sign up or if you have to send a message to Support@faithwriters.

I have had mine so long they didn't have the free account yet... matter of fact I think I might still be paying for mine. :roll:

Kara of Thailand wrote:Hullo to the rest of yous :)

Back at you. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

cdawson41
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby cdawson41 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:49 am

Thanks for the info Pup, guess you have to write the big guys. I have written them so hopefully I will hear something from them soon. :D
Cynthia

My Web/Blog Page

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:36 am

You can google faithwriters email and find it that way (I can't find it on the faithwriters itself) but it does say you have to pay $2 a month for it.
Dum Spiro Spero

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi Kara! :mrgreen:

I'd appreciate quick prayers for my insomnia. I've had about 7 hours of sleep over the last two nights, and I'm to work days tomorrow. Normally I am not tired by 9pm, but I should be today. And I desperately need to be - I have to get up at 5:30am. I plan to be super busy cleaning house until tonight, and then I need to wind down and sleep. Anyways, if you have a second, that'd be much appreciated.

Don't stop writing, Becky. Sometimes what we write doesn't hit the nail on the head with the judges, but it stretches us and leads us places we'd never thought to explore. Some of my favorite pieces didn't place high at all, but I love re-reading them from time to time just to tell myself I am a writer, because they pretty much wrote themselves. I don't need earthly recognition, either, to know that God is pleased when I use my talents for Him. It is nice, though. And I know plenty of people who have that struggle. The Challenge is a unique, well, challenge that takes a specific kind of writing to place, but that doesn't mean the caliber of writing is any less if you don't place.

Ugh. Sooooo don't want to get up and do dishes. Ryan has done them twice this week but left the pots with dried on food. :roll: I'd better find a good podcast to keep me awake.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Seven hours in two days!!!! I am lucky to get that in a week when my insomnia kicks in. But I am forgetting, you are still young and need all that extra sleep. :roll: :P

Well it is back to work I go. I have over did things on the bike riding me two days off... leg cramps five times while riding.. but it is a good pain, and feels great to be getting out and about.

CD, you should look into getting one of these bike for exercise, Way easy to ride and actually helps strengthen the back some. I have one of the reverse three wheel recunbant trikes, well two of them actually. (with the two wheels in front)Way cool and a whole lot of fun to ride, almost like sitting in your favorite lawn chair, but riding around. :mrgreen:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c185/ ... e008-2.jpg
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler