To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

srashmi
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby srashmi » Thu May 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Congrats Shann (9th advanced) and Tazzy (10th beginners) for placing in the challenge! :superhappy :thumbs :clap

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu May 31, 2012 10:36 pm

srashmi wrote:Congrats Shann (9th advanced) and Tazzy (10th beginners) for placing in the challenge! :superhappy :thumbs :clap

Congrats
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu May 31, 2012 10:36 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! TIARA FOR RANKING 10TH IN YOUR LEVEL! Happy Dance!! ! Also CONGRATULATIONS CYNTHIA FOR PLACING 7TH IN YOUR LEVEL!! ANOTHER HAPPY DANCE!! (I'm getting dizzier!)

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=42780 :party :party :rockon :rockon :shiney2 :party :party
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu May 31, 2012 10:38 pm

srashmi wrote:Congrats Shann (9th advanced) and Tazzy (10th beginners) for placing in the challenge! :superhappy :thumbs :clap

Thanks Great minds think alike! Greater minds type faster!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

srashmi

Postby srashmi » Thu May 31, 2012 10:52 pm

BTW, all monkies have been returned to their cages of origin and the circus is closed for the summer. I have to go tomorrow for a planning meeting and then finish cleaning my tent. :superhappy

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu May 31, 2012 11:07 pm

Once again I'm uber sad and just can't take it. I wish I could have a major tizzy fit.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu May 31, 2012 11:10 pm

Go ahead.. knock yourself out. We all need one of those now and then. Helps relieve the Monotony. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu May 31, 2012 11:14 pm

Cool. Maybe I'll knock myself into ... Not here
Dum Spiro Spero

Marina
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Marina » Thu May 31, 2012 11:15 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Marina on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord, help me each day to affect someone within my sphere of influence for Your plans and purposes.

Marina
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Marina » Thu May 31, 2012 11:18 pm

Oh, and CONGRATS SHANN and TI!

WTG!!!!

:clap :clap :clap
Lord, help me each day to affect someone within my sphere of influence for Your plans and purposes.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu May 31, 2012 11:25 pm

Rebecky wrote:I still like you but I can't figure out why :heehee

Don't feel bad, neither can I. :roll:

CD I can sooo relate to the back pain. Mine is self inflicted though... falling off roofs and such through work... I have three disks out of alignment, and both legs are pretty much numb. BUT.. I wont go to a medicine "practicing" quack, last time I did they said I was going to die in a year from my heart. HA. That was 25+ years ago. I will just leave my health to The Professional, He knows what He is doing. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:08 am

Cynthia, thanks for sharing. Sorry about your pain. I have a lot of chronic pain also, but thankfully I can control mine to a small extent by resting a lot, unless I get further injury or a flare. God has also told me "no" (or at least not right now) for healing on this earth, so I understand that. Saying a prayer for strength and peace this week.

Becky, sorry you had a hard day. Glad you had a bit of fun with your friend before that, though. I see cars driving erratically sometimes and always debate whether it's bad enough to report them. Glad you decided to. What did they say when you called in?

Congrats to the challenge winners! And Marina, great job on your question story. Bummer it didn't get into the challenge.

Today I stayed in bed until after 3 PM and then made three book covers for a client to choose between and wrote half of a cover letter for my proposal for Voices of the Dark. I'll finish the rest in a minutes. I was hoping to have heard back on whether the other publisher is taking Reaching Sky before I send out the proposals for my next book because they'll be more interested if I have a contract under my belt, but doesn't look like that'll happen since it's still being edited and the other proposal is due before July 25th... But we'll see.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:59 am

They just asked what road what kind of car and if I got a license plate and what were they doing. I gave them all that info and said they were all over the road (even at low speeds) and speeding up and slowing down a lot.
Dum Spiro Spero

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:09 am

Congrats to Shanny and Tiara! I can't help being slightly disappointed for not making the rankings my first week back (who doesn't love the thrill of seeing your name there?) but you guys definitely deserve some recognition for a job well done. :superhappy

I reviewed your article Marina. Sounds like a longer story needs to be told.

Seema, glad to hear your monkeys are gone. Time to get some rest!

I'm going to days for 2-4 weeks starting Sunday. They said it depends on how well I pick up the protocols as to how long my training lasts, but boy am I glad to go back to labor. I love mother/baby nursing, but it is pretty much the same thing over and over, and I really love the excitement and variety of labor. All my coworkers in mother/baby are bummed I'm leaving, but I'll still see them; just in a different capacity. I have one more shift tonight (as long as I don't get standby) and then I am going to stay up all day Saturday so I'll be REALLY tired Saturday night. Otherwise there is no way I'm getting in bed early enough to get up at 5:30am Sunday! :shock:

I'm trying to get into bed early this morning but it's already 2am. Even with Benadryl. :? Our Honda needs very expensive repairs and we need to pick it up around noon before Ryan has to leave for work and I must have a car to drive as well. Ever since we moved we've had at least one gigantic bill every month. :cry: Thankfully CA jobs pay RNs way better than WA jobs, but Ryan has had fewer hours and I have been getting standby almost one shift per paycheck. I am grateful that God provides, though. We never have any lack, and there's always gas in the car and food on the table.

Hope you all have a great start to the weekend.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:11 am

Yeah I'm with you Leah. I was disappointed I didnt make the rankings either. Kind of made me feel like like my poem sucked.

Then again I've always been horrible with the writing challenge. I get my hopes up and then disappointed.
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler